• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think?

Years
  • Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl sound cool, but ionno i wasn't too enticed by the graphics shown. seemed sorta like a cutified 3D Animal Crossing style reimagining of my fave region of all time. can't knock it too much though since i don't have all the details yet, but my first impressions for the meantime are meh.

the other game with Arceus was pretty promising, but i already forgot its name lol.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Just glad we got the remakes at last, some people might not like the graphics but I won't complain

Looking forward to seeing how the Arceus game goes

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Many thoughts. Just many, many fucking thoughts.

First off, I am now old enough that my first damn generation has a remake. Sure I grew up on Plat and not DP but still.

Secondly, I am also just conflicted too. Just please, be more like Platinum, because I don't want to only select from 151 damn mons like in DP.

Years
  • I'm definitely on board with the remakes and the prequels for Sinnoh. Both have different styles and I'm anxious to play them.

For now, I will be happy to play New Pokémon Snap! (when it comes out in the end of April)

Navarre121

Swordmaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Both games look neat. I didn't get everything I wanted from the initial viewing, but there are unanswered questions that I'm curious enough to hear out.
    I'm glad that they're pulling in other teams for development, because GF has long been overtaxed and underperforming for the amount of game and release schedule they've been promising. In my opinion, it's consistently taken them until the second release of a given generation (compare USUM with SuMo, and the SWSH expansion pass with the base game) for the games to look and feel good, so having more manpower will be a blessing imo. [The other option would be taking more time in between games, and we all know TPC won't let them do that]. I'm curious whether the D/P remakes are going to pull in elements from LGPE, but that's not going to be answered until closer to release.
    As for Legends, I'm going to preemptively curb my expectations with the hope that they'll be exceeded later. While that game looks beautiful, I'm apprehensive that Pokemon will work in the action RPG format. Game Freak has never made an ARPG before (or if they have, I don't know about it), and I'm having a hard time seeing how they're cover the breadth of Pokemon moves or how they'll have the player give orders to the Pokemon. That said, I'm blown away by the decision to explore the history and lore of Sinnoh, and I'm very curious whether and how the game will communicate with the rest of the series. In all, looking forward to it very much.
    I'd love to see the distortion world done in either game. I think it's more likely in Legends (since D/P look like straight remakes), but if that game's using the BOTW engine (which is what it looks like, but not confirmed [and probably won't be until dataminers get to it]) then I don't know if/how well it handles shifts in gravity. I'd rather them avoid it than try to force it into an engine that doesn't support it well and make it feel bad to play, you know?
    The only completely disappointing thing in my opinion is that neither game looks like it'll have SWSH connectivity in a real way, which is a shame because I was hoping they'd do something that would get me back into playing it.
    This turned out much longer than I expected it to be, but it's not like I have a blog, so it's staying here.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    I don't understand what's the issue TPC has with not picking the third version of the games when making remakes, because this looks like it'll be a DP remake instead of a Platinum remake.

That aside, I'm all in for a chibi, more minimalistic artstyle considering the graphical mess SwSh were. It looks good imo... except when you don't look at the chibis from above, that's Greedent levels of awful. It'll be weird seeing them with other Pokémon like Garchomp that looks like it doesn't belong here tho lmao.

I can understand how they can be a bit disappointing for some people because they don't look too different than the originals as in they don't look like they have any new content. But still, it's just the first announcement, hopefully there's more new content soon. I'm glad they didn't show Gigantamax Lucario.

As for Legends Arceus... honestly can't see much of the appeal. The open world looks a bit empty and boring imo. It's an interesting premise but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't take out all of the potential it has, they've been doing that since always.

Brilliant Diamond, Shinning Pearl and Legend Arceus are all awful names, though. What were they thinking?

Was this direct enough to regain the interest I had in the franchise before? Well, it was better than the Unite direct, but that doesn't say much lmao. I'm gonna say no for now, but will look forward for new announcements.

Last edited:
    Years
  • DP Remakes looked good enough, although I thought the graphics would be different and it wouldn't be such a 1-to-1 exact remake, but that's fine. I'm still excited.

As for Legends Arceus, I'm sure they're making it based on all the fan requests of a BotW style open world game, but I really hope they put the time in to develop it properly. It looks a little empty and basic in the trailer, but I understand how far away from release it is.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Snap: Looks pretty. Presented the Pokemon well (...better than mainline games). Played the original Snap. Is not enthused to buy this one. Would not find it satisfying to capture a good picture. Ought to be good for those that did enjoy that, however.

Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl: Prefers the original graphics slightly. Likens it to old, two-dimensional cartoons versus new, three-dimensional model cartoons. Calls neither bad. Favors the old. Expected more life out of the Pokemon, admittedly. Acted as blandly as all the three-dimensional modelled games.

Remains unsold for this too. Displayed no noteworthy improvements. Owns the DS version. Why buy it again? (Best argument: To avoid a corrupted save file again.)

Legends: Arceus: Knows too little. How does this play? Is it like a standard Pokemon adventure? Are there quests? Mentioned it being an action roleplaying game. Where does that fit in? Wishes to learn more, at any rate.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl:
    Not a huge fan of the graphics and is just meh to me. I will enjoy playing them since they are remakes, but I really just don't like the overworld graphics and feel like it will become annoying to see.

As for new content, there is something there. If there was nothing, they would have shown Dialga and Palkia, which they didn't. And they have become notorious for not giving a lot of info out.

Legends Arceus:
    We don't know enough right now for this, but the graphics look amazing and what I expected the remakes to look like.... just not so open worldy....

As for content, I fear that it is going to be very empty, very boring, and just not enjoyable. I assume there is a story, but what are we going to be doing? Just catching pokemon? Not only that, but I feel like the catching mechanic is going to become insanely frustrating.

New Pokemon Snap:
    Graphics look amazing and it looks like it might have a story with those side characters. But I don't know if it is going to be worth the $60. I might buy it and then turn around and sell it back after I finish the game.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    When the Gen 4 remakes were announced I quite literally burst into tears. Holy shit I'm so excited!!!! I've been waiting!!!!

Years
  • I started to cry when Brilliand Diamond and Shining Pearl got revealed. 😭 The Sinnoh games just take me back to good times in my life

Years
  • All I can think of was how none of the shown game run smoothly. I know they are not the final versions, but knowing GF history with optimalization, I wouldn't get my hopes high in this regard.

Even after finally seeing them, I still couldn't care less about DP remakes. I have the original games, that are (at least from what was shown and said so far) superior to those remakes. Why would I want the new ones?

I'm looking forward to more info about Arceus game, because it looks like something new and fresh for a franchise. Please GF, don't screw this one up!

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • I was freaking out for like all 20 minutes of announcements lol. I feel like this is the biggest set of announcements the Pokémon company has made for their games in years. All of them look so promising! The DP remakes are everything I hoped they would be from the little I've seen from them and the Pokémon Legends game looks like the most original mainline game that GameFreak has put out in a while. So so pumped!!!!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have mixed feelings on them.

Gen 4 is my second favorite generation and so remakes are something I kinda wanted. But it also seems like they will simply be a graphical update to the originals and nothing more, and I don't really see a point in getting them if they're just that. Especially when said graphical update doesn't jive with me. I've never been a graphics whore, but 1 of the 2 things that makes or breaks a game's visuals for me is it having an art style I don't like, and BD/SP's art style is one I don't like (I understand that this is a very subjective thing). And the thing is--though this may just be some crazy part of me--them making a point of "faithfully preserving" the scale and camera angle and all that comes off to me like Game Freak doubling down on not improving the series and just banking on nostalgia and the Pokemon name. Which is to be expected, given how the most recent 3 generations have sold.

Legends is the one that caught my attention more, but we also have so little info on it. I like open world games and hope that maybe this will be the game that the series needs, but at the same time I'm afraid that it'll go the way of Breath of the Wild and not like....Xenoblade Chronicles X or something.

I also could've really done without the several minute long bit in the beginning with the hashtag timeline of the series, nobody fucking cares about that shit

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    Gen 4 was my first region so my first watch through I was pretty much in tears. I had to go back and watch it again later. It seems alright to me so far. BD SP just seems like a "safe" project they have been working on and I am ok with that. Nothing too crazy has changed and that's ok I think considering they announced another game that seems to be their more ambitious project. From what we seen so far Legends seems awesome to me. I am assuming they saved it for last in the presentation to build the hype for it even more than the DP remakes. Excited for both but I will probably wait a bit after they release. My wallet can't handle all these games lol.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I will probably get the Arceus game. I need a lot more info on the remakes before buying them. Namely shiny hunting methods. I skipped gen 4 originally.

Back