• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Years
  • I've always thought something involving computers, however atm I've found what I'd like to do; Computer Forensics (legal and professional hax0rz ftw). With a backup of Game Design if I don't like it/can't find a job in it. I know the subjects I need and the degrees I have to acquire at university. But there's still time to decide what I want to do. ^.^

Though I need to decide soon, however having a Bachelor in Computer Science sounds ftw imo. XD

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
  • I am currently studying English Literature and Linguistics at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus (Top public college in PR).

I plan no becoming a professor and then maybe later get into Law, probably Civil or Federal.

So yeah, teaching or defending people, I AM grown up but in the process of becoming what I want to be. :)

_Dean_

smoke if you got it
    Years
    • Age 32
    • USA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Right now my plans are to be a professional musician, however that doesn't usually fly to easily so my backup plan is to be a spoken interpreter for either business corporations in oversea trades OR the US Army. ^^"

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Considering every week I change my mind about what I'm really ~passionate~ about, I really don't know where I'm headed. I see myself living in a Camry parked in someone's driveway seeking WiFi service, which doesn't sound horrible. I'm notorious for carelessly improvising my life. The only thing I don't want to be when I grow up (to think I actually use that phrase as if I ever will grow up) is lonely.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I used to want to be a doctor but now i'm leaning more towards teaching, i also wanted to be a super hero when i grew up lol i also want to go into plants so botany ftw yay

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I don't really know right now, college is so near to me I don't know what I'm going to take. But sometimes I want to be a lawyer or an engineer and something to do about arts and music.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I want to be the next Daniel Craig.

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Seriously, what guy doesn't want to be THAT?

Cherry.

魔法の真実
    Years
  • I want to be a Stylist/Fashion Designer;; =P, Or a lawyer, Who knows what will my future be.. =DD... THIS OR THAT!? XD;

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i wanted to be an actress when i was little [who didn't?], but now i want to be something along the lines of graphics designer.

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • At different points in my life I have wanted to be a writer, an astronaut, a ghost, a whale and a giant marshmallow.
    :pink_giggle: That's funny. It would be fun to be a giant marshmallow. Or a ghost. Or a whale. Any of those things would be fun to be. I like your sense of humor.

When I was very young I wanted to be an astronaut O.O I have no idea why, considering that now I am afraid of even the very prospect of going into space. So that won't do it for me. I wanted to be an astronomer after that but when I found out how much went into it, I didn't want to anymore. I went through a couple of different job choices and now I've settled on either a magazine writer, an author, or a singer. My dream job is to be a singer because I love singing with all of my heart. It's just something I love to do, and to perform as well. I like making people happy with my music and just entertaining in general. I sing for my friends all the time and even today in school I took the microphone from my music teacher's room and used it and walked all around the room like it was a giant stage :pink_giggle:

An author would be fun because I love to write. I'm always writing, so I think it will be the job that suits me best. I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm good at it (possibly very good?) and it's the most promising career for me. I might start off as a magazine writer if I don't get to be a singer (even though I am planning on recording a demo CD recently). That way I can pay my bills whilst I write some kind of book or something.

I've got my career pretty well planned out.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I want to be... White. Or a YouTube celebrity.

But honestly, I'd rather look into something in a computer-based field, maybe programming, R&D, or medical robotics. I'm gonna be in school for a while...

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
  • I am already grown up (my growth plates have been gone for over two years).

When I was younger (age 3-6), I wanted to be a paleontologist. After that, I wanted to be a physicist. Then I studied astronomy and considered that as a possible field. At age 11, I wanted to be a chef. After a year, I settled on some sort of scientific research, either chemical, physical, or biological.

The 6 years after that were devoted to deciding which of the three I would go with. I chose biology, but continued researching/studying other fields on the side.

I'm pretty good at cooking today, though.

Back