• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does "Pokémon" means for you?

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
  • I always think of Crystal version and the cards. Thats what comes to my mind.

Its weird, but I grew up with the cards more than anything.

KaptainKaty

Tony Stark's Wife
    Years
  • pretty much the games. that's what I grew up with. I didn't start watching the anime/movies until later. And I never even heard of the manga until like 3 years ago.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Actually I'd assume them to be talking about the anime instead of the games/tcg, because that's what is most known to people here. And that's also what people base the whole franchise on which they shouldn't, because I don't really like the anime at all anymore.

Years
  • Game Boy games for sure. It's what I've spent the most time on as far as Pokemon related things are concerned, so naturally that's what would pop into my mind first.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • My mind immediately travels to Pikachu, then to the Gameboy games, then to the anime and movies and then to the trading card game. I think the games are where it all began so it's safe to assume people are talking about them. It's been years since anybody has actually brought up Pokemon in conversation for anything other than the games lol.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • When people notice that I like Pokémon, their minds usually wander off to the childish Anime, Pikachu and other things never really liked. I usually have to tell them that I'm not a fan of the anime, and that I like playing the games which, aren't always quite as childish, and living the fandom in a more mature, less pink-clouded way, but that's hardly enough to whipe the doubtful look off their faces even if they say "I believe you..." OTZ
    Pokémon's got a way too negative connotation where I live, though I laugh at the how many of my class in university actually have a hidden Pokémon fan in them. A friend told me that in her class people were playing Pokémon (both on rom and GBA/DS) during class. That amuses me to no end, seeing how it was so shameful back in middle school.

For me, Pokémon links to the games and, more broadly, to the world and creatures themselves. Seeing how I'm in a Pokémon competion on dA, it's something that comes to mind quite frequently in the shape of my trainer OC and her pokémon.

rmmstnr

The Seeker
    Years
  • My mind wanders off to the early gameboy games and anime, I lost track of the show when the Orange Islands adventures started but I still give the games a go every now and then. Overall what really sticks in my head is the overall way the games and anime fed each other; the games gave you a chance to explore that world and the anime expanded on it. That combination fed my young imagination with all I needed to spend many hours losing my self in a fantastic world full of adventure and wonder...

And inevitably my mind snaps to the present and I remember just how many years ago that was. Still, fond memories of a childhood universe within my head

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Pokemon means my entire childhood. Literally. :)

also, when I hear the Pokemon, I first remember Platinum and my adventure days. Then PC.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Immediately, I think of Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow and the original Game Boy. Then I think of the first season of the anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back