• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does your keyboard say about you?

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
  • None of the letters are worn off on my laptop keyboard, but you can tell they've been used a lot by the little bumpy things being worn off. Like, they're almost all completely glossy and smooth. Normally there's tiny bump things on them.

Whatever though, I don't really care all that much as long as I can see what key I'm trying to press.

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    My faded ones are ... ASMN ... and the l key is completely ruined (it doesn't actually exist, so I have to c/p the letter l :| )

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Despite being over a year old and being used constantly, none of my keys are worn. The only thing that really shows how much I use my keyboard is how dirty it is. I have the horrible habit of eating at the computer (comes from not having a kitchen table), so this keyboard gets all sorts of crumbs and dressings/sauce dropped on it. Though the right side of the space bar is just beginning to show some wear, since I only use my right thumb to hit the space bar.

Years
  • Well my keyboard A and E keys are pretty faded but my backspace key is the worse :P
    so it looks like i keep typing e&a by mistake and have too erase it using backspace XD

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
  • None of mine are worn out.

Though if my keyboard could say something it'd be "Police, help! He keeps locking me away in a dark confined space. Aah!"

My old laptop had a few worn out, as well as some keys missing. I'd sometimes pop them out to clean its keypad, I must of lost some of them. It was three years old though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • My laptop's keyboard isn't worn out yet, though my "R" button may be a bit screwy at times. It's also protected by a keyboard protector. What it says about me is that I tend to be a neat freak most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I should have Unown on me lmao. Because lettters are so yesterday

Years
  • The fact that my keyboard is in mint condition says something - I tend to fork out lots of money on keyboards and mice on a regular basis. I know that at one point, the rubberised finish on my Razer Lycosa will where out above the WASD cluster, as the keyboard is mostly used for gaming. I know that the right hand side is more likely to wear out earlier, though, thanks to my guitar-picking nails on the my right hand.

The keyboard itself says that I am a wannabe gamer and spend lots of money on whims... it's sitting next to over $100 worth of mouse and mousepad.

My laptop keyboard is well worn, though. The letters are fully visible, but the textured keys have worn a little shiny. I worked out the other day that it's had around 5000hrs usage, so I'm hardly surprised. I have stickers over lots of the keys, just to piss off people who can't touch type. :D

Years
  • My keyboard has a broken 5 key, which is not due to being worn out, but to me being an idiot and trying to taking it away and putting it back - the second part of that didn't quite work. It also is a bit dirty (especially under the keys) due to me sometimes eating in front of my laptop.
    There are no really worn-out keys though, which is probably because the keyboard being white on black and not vice-versa. There are some keys that are dirtier than others though, for example Space and RShift aren't exactly looking nice anymore, and I use both of them a lot when playing Pokemon on emulator. WASD are looking ok though, which shows that I'm not playing shooters much.

Conclusion: If I'd clean my keyboard, I'd look like new again. I should probably do that. Then again, there's stuff under the key I won't be able to remove, or my other keys will fare just like the poor 5.

Jin-Roh

VGC or Bust.
    Years
  • my keyboard hates me, i never replace the batteries so it's always stuck connected to the computer. and they hate each other. the mouse however... is a free spirit. my keyboard is jealous and causes many typo problems as such.

if it talked to someone what would it say about me...
    "That jerk is always playing favorites to mouse. it just has bigger clickers then me. but i got a space bar!"

other then the batteries my keyboard is kept dang near minty fresh so I can't complain

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • my keyboard hates me, i never replace the batteries so it's always stuck connected to the computer. and they hate each other. the mouse however... is a free spirit. my keyboard is jealous and causes many typo problems as such.

if it talked to someone what would it say about me...
    "That jerk is always playing favorites to mouse. it just has bigger clickers then me. but i got a space bar!"

other then the batteries my keyboard is kept dang near minty fresh so I can't complain
    Okay......
    Never thought of a keyboard getting jealous of a mouse, I must admit.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My new laptop hasn't been worn down yet, but on my old one, my CAPS LOCK button was just black with dents around the edges. Shows how much I use capitals for emphasis, I guess.

Years
  • You can't really tell much about me if you see my keyboard. It's still fairly clean; not a lot of dust. None of the keys are worn. It looks pretty new still. :)

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • My Z,E,B,D and O keys are the most worn out because I have to keep spelling my username over and over to people who always spell my username wrong. No joke! xD;

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Well, before I replaced it. I had broken the Escape and a few function keys.
    The escape key was from cancel casting wayyyyyy to much in Guild Wars and WoW when I played. Also from the heavy use it received in Photoshop, Illustrator, and AutoCAD.
    I dunno really why the random function keys were broken.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • Apparently I use "T", "E" and "A" a lot, as proven by the fact that the paint is chipping off of the keys and I haven't even had the computer for a year yet... So either the paint job is really poor or my fingernails are too hard on the keyboard. But I can type without looking, so it's not a problem.

Last edited:
    Back