• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    What I don't want to see:

-The annoying beep of low health continuing even when healing (though they did make it just a tad less annoying. Compare 4th gen to 1st. 4th gen's beeping continued during healing. 1st gen's stopped the moment the lead pokemon's health started to recover)

-A billion legendaries (I would love it if they had a trio, the two or three version legendaries, and a single event legendary. They're getting too wide-spread. When you spent most of the post-game hunting legendaries, you know there's a problem.)

-The Pokemon Follow feature ('nuff said)

-Pokemon from previous games in the regional dex (I don't mind if there's new evolutions and pre-evos in the nat dex though. But I wanna start from scratch with the regional dex)

-A storyline that is an exact copy of every other main series pokemon game (aka going from gym battle to team (insert name here) to gym battle and repeat as necessary).

-Another paper-thin plot (When fangames have more plot than the actual games, there's a problem. I don't mind it if there's a childish plot as long as there's a plot.)

-A single Move Re-learner and Move eraser that to get to, you have to nearly be finished with the game (It's annoying when I really want to get rid of HM moves and have to wait for hours to get to the town with them in it.)

1- agree

2- agree

3- epic fail, follow me feature is awesome,only OCD people who freak over little tiny inconsistencies that dont even matter in game play dont want it.

4- agree

5- eh that wont change so i dont care

6- agreed, we need one in the first major city. then near the end.

Pokemon R/S/E
    had Zigzagoon in almost every route.

Pokemon D/P/Pt
    had Bidoof in almost every route.

this is annoying as hell.
    I'm playing ruby at the moment and i'm trying to search for some grass pokemon, but with almost every encouter it's a damn zigzagoon/linoone.

IMO: every route should have different pokemon, or at least many.

im 100% for this

I DONT wanna see that voltorb flip, its so stupid. What ever happened to getting A LOT of money and just cashing it in for a porygon? xD

lmao XD hell yes! my thoughts exactly!

my personal thoughts are:

NO MORE ****ING HMS!!!!!!!
    Except Surf,Waterfall,&Fly.
    I am sick of using cut,flash,strength,& rock smash just to get threw the damn storyline, this isnt the legend of zelda, or bioshock, or some **** where you have to fight your way threw obstacles just to survive, this is pokemon, its supposed to be all "lovey dovey" not piss me off cuz i wanna have my team& i got box 1for a goddamn HM slave

my rant over HMs is over :cer_laugh:

i also think the phone feature is stupid.

but i want them to take out the video chat feature theyve shown,it just screams multiple glitches...

also i think the old rod needs to go, why have a rod that can catch only 1pokemon?

sure in gen3 we would get tenta-not so-cool, but seriously all it gets is magikarps, give me the good rod,the super rod,& the pro rod.
    thatll be the right way to fish,since i love to fish in real life,i want the fishing to be more worth my time in pokemon, instead of: "oh wait til yo get your 3-4th badge then you can get something worth while,& screw you beat the E4 before you can get anything spectacular"

my rant on their horribly fishing set up is finished :cer_laugh:

& lastly pointless starter moves in a pokemons moveset its not like we are gonna get a lv1 charizard,so whats the point of having it start with: scratch,growl,ember,& smokescreen (or watever it knows) then learn it normally? when we could use those spaces on pokemon who dont learn many moves, exc.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    Yeah, I wanna see a REAL Game corner. Gambling problems from a Pokemon video game? WTH are people thinking? But we could do with not so many water Pokemon, there's just too many and they all look like fish. And not so many Key Items, we don't need 25 tickets to the moon (though they should ad 1). And I hope no more HMs, 8 is more than enough. Though I could live with replacing them... like whirlpool. Let's hope for Dive back!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    ^ Volroc, Why do you think the video chat will have glitches?
    I don't want to see them take away HM's I actually use them and love them :)
    I don't want 3 pokemon in the first route, rather more.
    Voltorb flip, I found it boring...

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    I don't think we will see the region rodent all over the place this time around. Sentret only appeared on a few routes in Heart Gold and Soul Silver. While this was most likely because it was a remake and they figured people had seen enough Sentret, it makes me think they realize how annoyedwe get by seeing the same Pokemon over and over again.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    What I don't want to see:

-The Pokemon Follow feature ('nuff said)

-Pokemon from previous games in the regional dex (I don't mind if there's new evolutions and pre-evos in the nat dex though. But I wanna start from scratch with the regional dex)

-A storyline that is an exact copy of every other main series pokemon game (aka going from gym battle to team (insert name here) to gym battle and repeat as necessary).

-Another paper-thin plot (When fangames have more plot than the actual games, there's a problem. I don't mind it if there's a childish plot as long as there's a plot.)

1st one. I completely agree. I hated the Follow Me feature. All HG/SS was was a Gold/Silver with Diamond/Pearl's Graphics and Game Freak added Crystal's story mixed into the main but ti played no major part in it and added Yellow's Pikachu follow feature. HG/SS was the biggest disappointment in Pokemon since Platinum.

Second and Third one. Sorry to say, but that's all there IS to Pokemon. The Plot is "Gotta Catch Them All and Become the Pokemon Master". There is nothing more than that. Colosseum and XD had a plot and see what they did to Pokemon catching in there. Pokemon with a major Plot isn't going to happen and something out side the Gym Leaders possibly won't ever be done because that's very un-Pokemon.

Something I don't want to see:

Evolutions and Pre=Evolutions to previous games. Its annoying to have them add on later. I think it was one of the most pointless additions. I don't want ANY evolutions and Pre-Evolutions in Gen 5. I was greatly disappointed in Mamebou's release. TTwTT Please no more Evolutions.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    1st one. I completely agree. I hated the Follow Me feature. All HG/SS was was a Gold/Silver with Diamond/Pearl's Graphics and Game Freak added Crystal's story mixed into the main but ti played no major part in it and added Yellow's Pikachu follow feature. HG/SS was the biggest disappointment in Pokemon since Platinum.

Second and Third one. Sorry to say, but that's all there IS to Pokemon. The Plot is "Gotta Catch Them All and Become the Pokemon Master". There is nothing more than that. Colosseum and XD had a plot and see what they did to Pokemon catching in there. Pokemon with a major Plot isn't going to happen and something out side the Gym Leaders possibly won't ever be done because that's very un-Pokemon.

Something I don't want to see:

Evolutions and Pre=Evolutions to previous games. Its annoying to have them add on later. I think it was one of the most pointless additions. I don't want ANY evolutions and Pre-Evolutions in Gen 5. I was greatly disappointed in Mamebou's release. TTwTT Please no more Evolutions.

About the HG/SS, that's EXACTLY what it was. Platinum graphics with the Crystal story. Like Fr/Lg were R/S/E graphics with R/B story. But I would like to see the following feature, just probably not gonna be in B/W. I also don't want the Union Room... too much of a wate of time. I like the new box trade system, and the High Link seems cool. Could also do wihout a professor that wants to see EVERYTHING you do.

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
    I don't want to see any more water pokemon. We literally have 93 water pokemon in total. We don't need any more. However if we are going to get more water let's get a non-uber water and fire with drizzle and drought respectively. On second thought lets just see a fire pokemon with drought

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    I don't want to see any more water pokemon. We literally have 93 water pokemon in total. We don't need any more. However if we are going to get more water let's get a non-uber water and fire with drizzle and drought respectively. On second thought lets just see a fire pokemon with drought

I would like more fire pokemon, and less lame Ratata clones. Maybe a fire/water combo? Also like to see less HM obstacles. They make fun puzzles, but can get in the way...

Years
    Drought and Drizzle are signature Special abilities of Groudon and Kyogre...I don't see them being given to any other pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012
    No more special Normal-type moves. It just seems out of character for Normal to have its own special movepool, as ordinary animals and humans can't shoot lasers out of his/her mouth or hands, control the weather or pull off any other superhuman or paranormal abilities what so ever.

Years
    No more special Normal-type moves. It just seems out of character for Normal to have its own special movepool, as ordinary animals and humans can't shoot lasers out of his/her mouth or hands, control the weather or pull off any other superhuman or paranormal abilities what so ever.
    Well the normal special moves are normal super powers, like shorting a laser...so it makes sense in a way...

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    I don't want stuff to just be GIVEN to you, as if you're the prodigy child going to save the world from destruction (well, you are, but that's not the point.) I want to have to look for stuff, solve puzzles etc.

I don't want to see TWO water pokemon when I'm surfing i want a variety.
    I'm also sick of just...water. Water is clear, so shouldn't we be able to see a little underneath it?
    What about swimming pokemon?
    I'm sick of battles that are too easy. I want your pokemon to be disobedient if you train it too high (e.g. level 15 max before teh first gym.)
    I WANT trainers to be higher levels than you. I want gym leaders that stand a chance. I don't want weak people. I want them to be a challenge rather than a chore.

Also, we need more attitude. I'm sick of people being all nicey-nice and hugging you and giving you a TM. I want to work for stuff. I want some stuff to be really hard.

I'm tired of gameplay being "do this, to get this, so you can do this, which gets this, so you can...etc". I'd love to see you NOT have to battle one gym leader because you're too weak. I want gym leaders with pokemon that can counter their main weaknesses. Pokemon is too.....easy.

Years
    I don't want stuff to just be GIVEN to you, as if you're the prodigy child going to save the world from destruction (well, you are, but that's not the point.) I want to have to look for stuff, solve puzzles etc.

I don't want to see TWO water pokemon when I'm surfing i want a variety.
    I'm also sick of just...water. Water is clear, so shouldn't we be able to see a little underneath it?
    What about swimming pokemon?
    I'm sick of battles that are too easy. I want your pokemon to be disobedient if you train it too high (e.g. level 15 max before teh first gym.)
    I WANT trainers to be higher levels than you. I want gym leaders that stand a chance. I don't want weak people. I want them to be a challenge rather than a chore.

Also, we need more attitude. I'm sick of people being all nicey-nice and hugging you and giving you a TM. I want to work for stuff. I want some stuff to be really hard.

I'm tired of gameplay being "do this, to get this, so you can do this, which gets this, so you can...etc". I'd love to see you NOT have to battle one gym leader because you're too weak. I want gym leaders with pokemon that can counter their main weaknesses. Pokemon is too.....easy.
    Well it's a game for kids...
    I do hope though that they aren't all the same personality.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2012

Well the normal special moves are normal super powers, like shorting a laser...so it makes sense in a way...

A laser beam's type could depend on the light source, so it probably would be ???-type for that reason alone. I think of "normal" as the complete lack of superpowers or extraordinary/weird characteristics as in the average Joe/Jane Q. Public.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Well I Don't want to see the protagonist be another random hero.At least have a person who is talked about through the region as the hero or something.Maybe that's who N is.

Also I don't want to see TMS easily obtainable since theyre permanent now.Makes it a little balanced.

I also Don't want to See that each Gym Leader is Dressed Like a person whose at a restaurant or works for a rich person..Dento and Aloe Already show that, being A Waiter and Maid Respectively.

And Finally, I DONT Want to see that hIUN city has a large dock and we can only travel to three other islands.That would seriously Irk me.You tell me that the biggest dock in any generation can only take us to small places ?GF, You ticked me of now.

Years
    Well I Don't want to see the protagonist be another random hero.At least have a person who is talked about through the region as the hero or something.Maybe that's who N is.

Also I don't want to see TMS easily obtainable since theyre permanent now.Makes it a little balanced.

I also Don't want to See that each Gym Leader is Dressed Like a person whose at a restaurant or works for a rich person..Dento and Aloe Already show that, being A Waiter and Maid Respectively.

And Finally, I DONT Want to see that hIUN city has a large dock and we can only travel to three other islands.That would seriously Irk me.You tell me that the biggest dock in any generation can only take us to small places ?GF, You ticked me of now.
    Well I saw a scan of Liberty Island and even thought it was only a scan I can already tell that it's bigger than most other event islands :)
    Aloe is actually a Cook but I see your point.
    I don't want to see only one legendary, I want to get both of them, plus the third like we always do :)

Back