• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Well I saw a scan of Liberty Island and even thought it was only a scan I can already tell that it's bigger than most other event islands :)
    Aloe is actually a Cook but I see your point.
    I don't want to see only one legendary, I want to get both of them, plus the third like we always do :)

Well then, let me scratch off the Part about Rich people then.
    And that kinda is disheartening as well, to not be able to get both.At least IN GSC you could get both at some point.

Oh, And I don't want to see Pokemon With Types they Can't Learn.(I.E. Gyarados Is Water/Flying but can't Learn FLY.)

If I ever, and I mean ever see Voltorb Flip again...
    I am going to snap.

You too?I actually expected to see a slot machine, and I came to Goldenrod and saw a Guy behind a table?I actually though there were rooms in the back where the wall was, that's what it looked like xD.Voltorb Flip did tick me off though.But at the same time, it gave a balance to how Coins were obtained and the pokemon prizes,especially if you wanted Dratini early like I did :P

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well then, let me scratch off the Part about Rich people then.
    And that kinda is disheartening as well, to not be able to get both.At least IN GSC you could get both at some point.

Oh, And I don't want to see Pokemon With Types they Can't Learn.(I.E. Gyarados Is Water/Flying but can't Learn FLY.)

You too?I actually expected to see a slot machine, and I came to Goldenrod and saw a Guy behind a table?I actually though there were rooms in the back where the wall was, that's what it looked like xD.Voltorb Flip did tick me off though.But at the same time, it gave a balance to how Coins were obtained and the pokemon prizes,especially if you wanted Dratini early like I did :P
    I agree I think that Gyrados should learn more flying moves, I don't want it to have mostly Fighting moves, give it Aerial Ace at least, GF!

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years

Drought and Drizzle are signature Special abilities of Groudon and Kyogre...I don't see them being given to any other pokemon...
    While I totally understand what you are saying I need to point out, Sand Stream and Snow Warning. The fact that non legendaries got these abilities imho makes light of the fact that only legendaries can make sun and rain. It's kinda like Groundon looking at Abomasnow "I make it sunny" and Abomasnow laughing and going "Sun what in the heck is that?"

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    This :
    What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

I Know its a fake but on the slightest chance the evo looks anything like that i will make it my personal mission to attack it any chance I get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    1st one. I completely agree. I hated the Follow Me feature. All HG/SS was was a Gold/Silver with Diamond/Pearl's Graphics and Game Freak added Crystal's story mixed into the main but ti played no major part in it and added Yellow's Pikachu follow feature. HG/SS was the biggest disappointment in Pokemon since Platinum.

Sorry, but HGSS is the most well loved by many here, for nostalgia sake, and for the follow me thing. I won't even go back to my Diamond and Platinum now.

Years
    1st one. I completely agree. I hated the Follow Me feature. All HG/SS was was a Gold/Silver with Diamond/Pearl's Graphics and Game Freak added Crystal's story mixed into the main but ti played no major part in it and added Yellow's Pikachu follow feature. HG/SS was the biggest disappointment in Pokemon since Platinum.

Second and Third one. Sorry to say, but that's all there IS to Pokemon. The Plot is "Gotta Catch Them All and Become the Pokemon Master". There is nothing more than that. Colosseum and XD had a plot and see what they did to Pokemon catching in there. Pokemon with a major Plot isn't going to happen and something out side the Gym Leaders possibly won't ever be done because that's very un-Pokemon.

Something I don't want to see:

Evolutions and Pre=Evolutions to previous games. Its annoying to have them add on later. I think it was one of the most pointless additions. I don't want ANY evolutions and Pre-Evolutions in Gen 5. I was greatly disappointed in Mamebou's release. TTwTT Please no more Evolutions.

HGSS is the biggest dissapointment since Platinum?? It has sold 8.4 Million copies since it was released. So, i doubt that. Pretty much 99% of everybody on the site will disagree with you.

The only thing i dont want to see is the pointless phonecalls really. they're annoying

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
    This :
    What DON'T you want to see in the new games?

I Know its a fake but on the slightest chance the evo looks anything like that i will make it my personal mission to attack it any chance I get.
    lol it looks like a snowman :D

I really don't want to see so many stinkin water types. They drive me C-R-A-Z-Y!
    I'm glad they're dumping Zubat and Tentacool in the fifth generation, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I don't want to see HMs that are unforgetable. I mean, you can keep HMs, but have a way to forget them easier than progressing halfway through the game to get access to a move deleter.

WarpstarX

The Green Trainer
    Years
    I don't wanna see only a handful of trainers in each route {exactly what they did in Ruby/Sapphire (somewhat fixed in Emerald). In other words I don't wanna have a team of three or even TWO! to have a decently leveled team.

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
    I don't want repetitive routes and locations; I'd love to travel to all different kinds of places as that would mean more unique habitats for Pokémon :) . Apart from the snowy bit near the end and the Volcano in the fight area place, DPPt was basically all grass/marsh locations which means nearly every route had boring Starly and Bidoof. I really don't see the point in having loads of routes next to each other that might as well just all be one combined route if they're all going to have the same scenery, same Pokémon and same challenges.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
    HGSS is the biggest dissapointment since Platinum?? It has sold 8.4 Million copies since it was released. So, i doubt that. Pretty much 99% of everybody on the site will disagree with you.

The only thing i dont want to see is the pointless phonecalls really. they're annoying

Definitely. No more callin to say he still has a Rattata every f-ing 5 minutes.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    :( I dont want any teams in my pokemon games, they tick me off, beacue theyre just stupid and incompetent, except for team magma and aqua, they had a cool hideout and were like actually trying to succeed instead of stupid rocket constantly having dumb grunts spouting nonsense and killing their own organization :@
    Since we already got team plasma i hope they make it better involved into storyline then those guys before them.

Drought and Drizzle are signature Special abilities of Groudon and Kyogre...I don't see them being given to any other pokemon...

:S what would happen if groudon and kyogre were in the battle at the same time? Would it be raining or sunshine, or they would just cancel each other out.

Years
    :( I dont want any teams in my pokemon games, they tick me off, beacue theyre just stupid and incompetent, except for team magma and aqua, they had a cool hideout and were like actually trying to succeed instead of stupid rocket constantly having dumb grunts spouting nonsense and killing their own organization :@
    Since we already got team plasma i hope they make it better involved into storyline then those guys before them.

:S what would happen if groudon and kyogre were in the battle at the same time? Would it be raining or sunshine, or they would just cancel each other out.
    One of them cancels the other...I used to think we could have both..
    I don't want only one Weather effect in play but two at least at a time ;)

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
    Oh yeah, it would be nice if they cut down on the hax on trainers' (especially Gym Leaders and Elites) Pokémon. Blisseys with movesets like Softboiled, Protect, Double Team and Toxic are just annoying.

Years
    Oh yeah, it would be nice if they cut down on the hax on trainers' (especially Gym Leaders and Elites) Pokémon. Blisseys with movesets like Softboiled, Protect, Double Team and Toxic are just annoying.
    Yeah they are annoying but if it wasn't for moveset's like that than it wouldn't be OU now would it :)

Years
    Definitely. No more callin to say he still has a Rattata every f-ing 5 minutes.

oh my god, when i get Pokegear calls it makes me want to smack my DSi. Really it does. some idiot calls you and is like "DUDE OMFG I TOTALLY CAUGHTZ A RATATTA TODAY I IZ HAPPY" Or maybe they can make the call feature again, but you can disable it or something. i woulnt mind that.

Years
    I want the vs.Seeker back. In sinnoh and Kanto, rematching trainers was easy. I don't need a phone to complicate things. (or make things annoying)

I'm pretty much open to anything in this generation. It's just the phone thing I hate.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    • Rock Climb as a Normal Type
    • Mom saving money option, completely useless if she keeps spending it
    • Me having to obtain running shoes to actually run, what kind of shoes am I wearing that I need to change them just to run
    • Dive/Whirlpool/Flash
    • The Traditional surf/waterfall/huge cave to get to the E4 they should mix it up now, like a long path or underground tunnel system
    • Honey Trees
    • Battle Tower system, I'd like more than a point for 10 battles
    • Wifi Room/ Why must I walk to the person, was scrolling so hard?
    • Mud/Swamp/Marsh They should at least decrease the amount times you can fall and the way to get out
    • The deep snow, can we get snow shoes like how in Emerald we had the Goggles for the sand storm
    • Zubat/Geodude Please reduce the amount of times I run into them.
    • A rival like the guy from HG/SS or a childhood friend like Barry, was it only me that thought he was on something; I wish I had his running shoes.
    • Underground digging place
    I think it's established that no one likes the Cellphone, it's been repeated plenty of times. Yup

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Zubat/Geodude Please reduce the amount of times I run into them.
    You're actually in luck. Zubat and Geodude are not going to appear in Isshu, since the Pokedex is completely full of new Pokemon, if I recall correctly.

Haha at the call feature. Really, I wouldn't mind if that changes to where they only call for battles/share items, which are really the reasons why I add trainers to the Pokegear. Just hearing about their top-percentage Rattata and picnics with Bulbasaur gets annoying.

Back