• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What features would you want to see in a GS remake?

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Orange Islands, more changes in Kanto, more things to do, harder game generally especially elite 4 an more events of the anime. Kinda like Team Rocket in Pokémon Yellow!

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Joto, Kanto, Orange Islands and Sevii Islands should make up the regions... Maybe they could also expand on the place Cianwood City is situated.
    Also longer story.

Oh and no more than 50 new Pokemon w/o legendaries kthx.

Edit: I also think Dark Cave should actually be given a use (unless you don't use Fly, it is redundant), perhaps story related?

Last edited:

Ruffresia

Johto Coordinator.
    Years
  • No Sinnoh/Hoenn Pokémon.... o.o;
    Also, I really, really want the Orange Islands, and for them not have the significantly shortened routes in Kanto like the original G/S/C.

apolloman

Modern Looney
    Years
  • I think the best thing they could do make Celibi catchable. I find it anoying that us non-japanease werent able to catch Celibi in its debut game even tho it was part of the pokedex(i cud be wrong but i dont care)
    I also would like to see the legenary pokemon have more pressence in the story like in pokemon the movie 2000..

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • Expansion on the cave (i think its silver cave or something? wherever you battle Red)
    And yes the legends to have more part in the plot

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I would like to see a berry growing system like RSE instead of the one in GSC. I'd rather plant all my berries in one place instead of going berry hunting every single day all over Johto.

MikeTH

Sonic Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2008
    If they were remaking G/S I'd like it to take longer than a week to complete the story line.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2008
    NO hoenn or sinnoh pokemon, i mean NONE!
    if they added those pokemon it would just about completly ruin the game for me

other then that...
    harder opponents
    better kanto
    and orange islands

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    a battle frontier experience, tougher gym leaders, expanded kanto, and more.....

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I want the ingame trainers to have higher levels. I mean, Lv. 50 Dragonite as the highest of the Elite 4? I also want Red to return, and a chance to capture a wild Tyranitar.

kirby144

A proud Wotcher at heart
    Years
  • Well except for upgrading everything to 4th Gen quatily. The only remake the can pull off without any Honen or Sinoh Pokemon is to just sell the game for down on the Virtual Console. You might as well not have a remake if you weren't going to include or allow the newer Pokemon in.

Years
  • I thought there really weren't enough story elements in the originals. If the remake the games, they better include a better storyline with some focus on the version mascots respectively (Ho-oh for Gold remake, Lugia for Silver remake).

pokemonlover93

The Crystal Sharder.
    Years
  • I expect to see Graphics like Diamond and Pearl, ALL the Pokemon, Dramatic events like in D/P Dialga/Palkia, comes out from a diffrent Universe and renders time/space, those sorta events, I hope to see one, especially, Crystal! just wait what the future holds and thats it! Good luck on your guys theory, Oh! and A longer Kanto like everyone said, Better Pokemon Sprites!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2009
    Full Battle Animation : i.e. Animated Trainer Sprites, Animated Back Sprites and constantly animated Front Sprites at least.

At least TWO new dungeons.

Punctuation Unown - :;.," ' etc.

Erbe

Misses the good old days :(
    Years
  • MUCH harder E4, orange islands, and NO SINNO/HOENN POKEMON! i also read a post above about the berries, and i totally agree. we should be able to plant our own, also, the person who make the special pokeballs should be able to make more than one at a time, or shorten the time it takes for him to make one

KodaBear

Teh Lolzors.
    Years
  • I don't care much about graphics, gameplay options, or anything else techs like, but I like STORY. Like... More mystery, and things surrounding the legendaries, and.... I don't know, it's hard to come up with things. Other than that, better character design. The characters have always been dark haired with a hat and jeans. We should have a blonde haired guy with a fohawk, with plaid shorts and a red pokeball t-shirt or whatever. I'm really just typing out whatever thoughts come to mind. Another feature I'd like would be permanent party members. And you can ask any NPC you want. Except you don't always have to double battle with them, just when a double battle comes up.

PS. I've downloaded the game without Zango, but when I bring it up my computer says unown files or something, and then exits out the window, any help?

Back