• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What Footage Would You Like To See This Weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The thing is were close to the release then XY. So let's see where XY was 3 or 4 months in. And while some may view this as how BW2 was done the thing is we knew a lot more about BW2 since it was the same engine as BW. The thing here is that it is a 12 yr old engine being revamped on a new one and while new info is likely to be less than a new gen since so much has changed since the GBA era we may get a good chunk of info over the 6 month. The question is how much. Like is it just a remake or is it a remake with a revamped story maybe even characters. I would not be shocked if it shows a few areas plus the playable people and maybe confirming if pokemon are able to follow you and if you can change outfits. After that sprinkle stuff over the next 4 to 5 months.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    The thing is were close to the release then XY. So let's see where XY was 3 or 4 months in. And while some may view this as how BW2 was done the thing is we knew a lot more about BW2 since it was the same engine as BW. The thing here is that it is a 12 yr old engine being revamped on a new one and while new info is likely to be less than a new gen since so much has changed since the GBA era we may get a good chunk of info over the 6 month. The question is how much. Like is it just a remake or is it a remake with a revamped story maybe even characters. I would not be shocked if it shows a few areas plus the playable people and maybe confirming if pokemon are able to follow you and if you can change outfits. After that sprinkle stuff over the next 4 to 5 months.

Nah, this isn't a new thing. This was also how HG/SS was done, as well as BW. We're not really any closer to the release of the previous games when compared to how these announcements have played themselves out in the past.

Years
    I am hoping they show footage of UNDERWATER. I'm assuming Graphic wise it's Fiona look like X and Y, but I'd really like to see how underwater looks now.

Also real life footage of Bigfoot lol xD(:P)

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    How could I have forgotten...I also want to hear some of the music! I remember they placed a focus on revealing Ekruteak City's music fairly early for HGSS, and it was so amazing. So tack on "playing some of the new music for us" as part of my footage wishlist.

Years
    I'd like to see glimpses of the region itself, the protagonists and maybe a quick scene with the starters all doing a move, similar to the X/Y trailer that showed the Kalos starters doing the same thing :)

blue

gucci
    Years
    How could I have forgotten...I also want to hear some of the music! I remember they placed a focus on revealing Ekruteak City's music fairly early for HGSS, and it was so amazing. So tack on "playing some of the new music for us" as part of my footage wishlist.

Yes, I was just thinking that now. I'd like to hear a snippet of Littleroot Town since I adore that soundtrack.

Years
    You know Iwata might have said the games are remakes but at the same time the fact he also said that Groudon and Kyrogue are getting new forms/megas that makes me think new things will be added. Unlike the other remakes the mascots never got new power ups so really even if it is a remake I think it will be a remake/enhanced version. Again just a thought but I would not be shocked if the teams use the new names in the team name Alpha Aqua and Omega Magma. Since we never had remakes where the mascots got new forms we can't say %100 new story parts won't be added

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'd love to see if they're still going to be starting it all in the moving truck. c:
    Also would love to see side by side showings of the male and female characters homes and such, as well as meeting their rivals. Hopefully they show a little peak of the battling, and maybe a town or Route. I'd honestly be perfectly happy with just a showing of Littleroot. I'd also love to see maybe the intro clip of the game. c:

Years
    I'd love to see like, the first few scenes of the game such as the starter selection, the first rival battle and the introduction to Pokemon scene. But I'd also love to see how the battle scenes look in the game, I wonder if it'll be similar to X/Y while having special backgrounds when battling against major characters such as Gym Leaders, Elite Four and the Champion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back