• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen what game version do you prefer? Gold or Silver?

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2013
    Easily has to be gold, but I prefer lugia. So I prefer the game gold but if the question was what legendary is better, I'd have to say Lugia :)

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
  • I prefer Gold, and then Crystal.

Gold was the one I was given, my brother got stuck with Silver. I think we actually had a fight over who would get what, and I'm glad my mom told me to suck it up and take the Gold, because I loved Ho-oh and it also had better exclusives. And then Crystal is a close close close second, like, I loved that game. I was given it as a birthday present because my brother stole my gold game and then lost it down one of the vents in our trailer, and crystal gave me my second love. Suicune~

I can't stand Silver because it was what my brother played, and I dislike my brother.
    Also Lugia is ugly to me.
    I am biased.
    Which is funny because I'm in love with water pokemon, but I hated it.

Uke4Life

I like things.
    Years
  • I prefer Silver because it was the second Pokemon game I ever got, so there's an emotional attachment. However; my copy stopped working some years ago, and I bought a used Gold version (nobody had silver)

I'm finding that I may enjoy it more due to Ho-oh being the story-legendary, even though I can get both. :D

SonGohan

ドラゴンボール
    Years
  • I like gold's version exclusive Pokemon better so I would have to go with that one even though silver was the first of the two I got.

-Cygnus-

It's an odyssey
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2015
    Silver. My reasoning is the same as everyone elses... But looking back now and looking out from under my massive nostalgia glasses (hehehe) I do think Gold has some things I would have appreciated in Silver, namely, Mantine. Silver had Delibird which I didn't care for, but it also had Panphy, which I have yet to use but I think is awesome... And Lugia >>> Ho-Oh

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • I prefer silver just because it seemed more "smooth" than gold if you know what I mean. Crystal still beats both, moving sprites anyone?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll always prefer Silver, since it's my favorite color, and I played Silver (and Red) during a rough time in my life. So yeah, that game means a lot to me. :) Plus I like the Silver sprites better.

Psyshock

Psychic Type Master
    Years
  • I like Lugia more than Ho-Oh so that's while I'll always pick Silver but now that I think about it, that doesn't really matter because you can get them both in both versions. I still pick Silver anyway...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Gold ftw. :D

I like Ho-Oh more than Lugia also I've always loved the Gold exclusives. :D

Hyperlust

Sassy McSasserson
    Years
  • I had pokemon gold for my gameboy colour but I would probably buy SoulSilver for the very sane reason of I wear Silver Jewelery.

Oh I wish I were kidding.

Back