• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen what game version do you prefer? Gold or Silver?

Bernardo1994

~NeW PassionS~
Years
  • Silver

In my childhood I got Silver (don't remember how, maybe in birthday) so I hadn't a choice, but with the HG/SS games I bought SS because I was already familiarized with the game :)

Hooh

Only if for a night.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Gold. Ho-Oh has always been beautiful, but Lugias just... Uck.

Oharo

̣
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I got Silver for Skarmory. The legendaries were just made for capturing for teh lulz then sent to THE BOX.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Gold, it was what I played first and what I got the most far in, but in all honesty, I like both :D

Venzeron

Canine Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Silver was the 1st handheld pokemon game that I ever played, and even though I couldn't get the pokemon that I really wanted back then, growlithe, lugia made up for that. Lugia, which just moght be my facorite legendary.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Although my first game was Gold, and Gold had Mantine in it, I'll say Silver. It had Lugia in it, which is always cool. Plsu, I always felt that Silver had more Pokemon to choose from rather than Gold. Silver seemed to have Vulpix, Meowth and a few others while Gold only had Mantine.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
  • I prefer silver far above gold because:

- It was my first game.
    - Lugia is so much cooler than ho-oh.
    - The color is more beautiful
    - I like the sprites much more.

I also bought Soul silver :)

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
  • (Crystal is better than them both.)I'd have to go with Gold, but I like Soulsilver better.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • Gold was the first game I owned, but after I got stuck in the Whirl Islands with no Flash or Escape Ropes I sort of went off it...
    Silver has been my favourite game ever since. To this day I'd prefer to play Soul Silver to any other game.

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
  • I've only ever played Silver, and every time I do it brings back so many memories from my past. So I couldn't bring myself to buy Heart Gold since Silver was too important to me.

Plus, Lugia is so much cooler in my opinion xD

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Silver. The first Pokemon game I ever played as a kid, and I still love it. Not a huge difference, besides the Version exclusives, but I just really like Silver. Lugia >= Ho Oh to me, but that's just cause I'm not a huge fan of bird pokemon besides Pidgey/otto/ot and some of the occasional others.

RHCPlover

Cyndaquil Obsessed
    Years
  • Well I have Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I love them all but if I had to choose one, it would probably be Silver.

Last edited:
    Back