• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Gender Is Your Character?

What gender is your character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Devilware

Super Man has nothing on me
Years
  • I always play as the male character, mainly because the question that get's asked in the game Intro is:
    Are you a Boy or a Girl, and as a Guy, I can't find myself answering girl to that question :D

Misty4Life

~Paired with a bribed shipper~
    Years
  • I always play as the girl, although I've been thinking about playing as a guy once for fun. I might just play as Gold in HG/SS because I've wanted to try and I love Gold's outfit! :pink_love:

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2011
    I'm a boy and on Platinum have the girl and on Diamond have the boy. Once I get pearl I'll pick the girl again.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • I like to pick boy since that is my gender

but sometimes I play as a girl. Just to pick a starter and migrate the starter to Sinnoh

then I restart and choose either girl/boy

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
  • I picked boy for Pokemon Diamond... Even though I think he's extremely ugly. Seriously, what's with that hat? I honestly hate the fact that Pokemon Trainers are forced to wear ridiculous hats.

However, when I battle online, my Battle Pass character is female, ocean themed, and wears a pirate hat.

Yarrr.

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I'm a girl, and I've been playing as a girl character since Crystal. However, in PBR, I alternate between a male and a female character for a little variety.

Leitz09

*studying to draw manga...*
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    i'm a guy but i use the girl bcoz im tired of using boy hero ever since red up to emerald

bluecat

just another day
    Years
  • I'm a girl, but I typically always pick the male character. I just like the design more.

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
  • Da-ude. But this one guy in my camp chose a girl... -_-'. I'm not gonna judge cuz Im breeding a smoochum. -_-'

Last edited:

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
  • I have always used the male character.
    I'm a girl irl, but I really don't like using the female ones. I just don't like how they look. :o

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Male on Pearl, female on Diamond, and male on Platinum.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I played as Hikari on both Pearl, and Platinum.

Not too fond of Lucas' character design. :/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    When I played diamond, I was a boy because it was my brothers game, and thats what he wanted. LOL but i didnt mind it to much it doesnt effect anything. But I would have rather played a girl. My pearl game I havent played yet, but I'll be a girl in that game.

Back