• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Gender Is Your Character?

What gender is your character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I'm a guy, personally, and I usually pick the male sprite. The only exception was Pearl, when I thought I'd mix it up, and the male sprite didn't look especially appealing to me. When I got heartgold, though, I went back to male as the Gold/Silver character design was always my favourite.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • In Diamond I play as the Male Trainer, but in Platinum I play as the Female Trainer cuz the sprite looks cool.

larrysturtle

Let's battle :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2014
    The only girl i've eever been was crystal version, and you didnt have a choice for that game anyway...

Years
  • I'm a girl and my in game character is a girl.
    I was upset that in the old generations you could only be a boy, so now thats girls are in the games I don't ever pick being a boy.

Ataraxia

Wanderer
    Years
  • I was considering being a girl for D/P/P as I've been the male character ever since Crystal and I suppose I was getting tired of it, but... I dunno, she looked too thin.

So so far I've never been the female sprite :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    In my diamond version, I play as a female character. In my pearl version, I play as a male character.

Years
  • I play a dude. In MMOs sometimes I switch to do something different.. Pokemon isn't exactly an MMO.

I wonder when Gamefreak is gonna allow us to actually be able to change how our character looks..

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well in most games (Fr/Lg/D/P/P/PT/HG/SS) I go male, but when Crystal was first introduced and the Male & Female character option was, I went to female to try it out. :P

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I really dislike the male's design in DPPt. :( I love the female's design in D/P (not so much in Pt) so I've chosen her both times. Mind you, I do normally choose the girl but I felt I had no alternative this time around. XD;

Alexeon

← from acrøss T·I·M·E ☆
    Years
  • I seem to be part of a small group of people who actually like how Diamond/Lucas looks. xD Haven't disliked any of the protagonists yet, male or female.

I always play as the boy in each game, seeing as I do like to think I'm actually a Pokémon trainer, and not just controlling one. x_x And once I finish with my re-playthrough of LeafGreen, I'll restart Platinum, again as a boy, beret and all~

Years
  • Boy xD, i think no boy play as a girl...it will be..don't know just wrong xD
    Actually, my brother always plays as a girl when he plays games, since he likes looking like an attractive person and he finds women attractive. XP

I usually pick male when I play, because the males usually look better. Not this time though. Lukas looks like ass. I play as Dawn in all three.

Back