• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Genre of Music: Rap, Rock, or Metal?

Zacch2

Awesome Trainer
Years
  • What genre of music do you like out of rap, rock and metal?
    I totally despise metal, and i sometimes listen to rap. So on a scale from 1-10,

Rap- 6/10
    Rock-9/10
    Metal-2/10

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • There are so many more genres than that... -_-

I guess I like Rock the best, followed by Rap, then finally Metal. But I also like orchestral, game, techno (in its many forms) music and other kinds as well...

Nitrous Oxide

Korporate Amerika
    Years
  • Metal 5/10 (Anything "harder" than Thrash is crap.)
    Rock 9/10 (Do I really need to say? Progressive Rock is the greatest genre ever.)
    Rap 1/10 (The only good rap is the kind that makes you laugh.)

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • Metal-10/10 Disturbed, Metallica, need I say more?
    Rock-10/10 rock is the shiznit my friends
    Rap-7/10 I enjoy the older rap the most

I like all genres of music except for elevator music. it just annoys me. but i love jazz. hm. my ideal elevator music is the Darth Vader theme song. Payed REALLY LOUDLY.

Last edited:

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • I'm surprised that pop isn't on that list.

Metal is effing awesome, rock is bearable and rap is utter fail

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • I don't make 1 to 10 in music genres. I should do this (in order):
    1. Hip-Hop/Rap
    2. Metal
    3. Rock

I listen to real hip hop music like Ja Rule, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, The Notorious B.I.G., 2pac etc.; I don't listen to crappy rap music like Soulja Boy Tell'em, the Stanky Legg song and other junk. In other notes, the rappers that I like sold over 20 million albums world wide.

Metal is good like Metallica and rock is good like Linkin Park. But the main music I listen to is R&B/Soul, Rap/Hip-Hop & Pop. No one can possibly hate an whole entire genre.

EDIT: In other notes, I commonly listen to Hip-Hop/Rap and rarely listen to metal and rock.

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I wonder why everyone hates rap music so much...

Out of the three, I like rock best. Then, second goes to rap. I never did enjoy listening to metal much.

Rock : 9/10
    Rap : 8/10
    Metal : 6/10

I can't believe that pop, country, or techno aren't in there. I, however, enjoy punk or alternative.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Rock:10/10
    Metal:10/10
    Rap:-1000/10

Gee I wonder what my most hated genre is.

This is how I vote too because I know that the majority of PC hates rap. Dont know why though, I think they are intimidated by it or just fail to understand it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I do fail to understand it. I mean its either bout the hood or their home boyz and either rehab or shooting or gangs and all it is is a bunch of mixboard sounds. Yep I sure as hell do not undestand it please enlighten me.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oops, i thought you voted Rap: 1000/10, I didnt see the negative sign. Its more about poetry and life experiences like any other genre when you are not influenced by what plays on the radio.

Amicus

Hipster Incubai
    Years
  • Rap:: 1/10
    Rock:: 7/10
    Metal:: 4/10

Hip-Hop:: 10/10
    Industrial Rock:: 10/10
    Technical and Brutal Death Metal:: 10/10

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • This is how I vote too because I know that the majority of PC hates rap. Dont know why though, I think they are intimidated by it or just fail to understand it.
    I think no one wants to hear a lame excuse for music. Seriously, rap is like hearing a cow moo and trying to sell that for music.

Rap: -3 / 10
    Rock: 8 / 10
    Metal: 4 / 10

I like pop.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You people are failing to understand that the way you treat Rap/Hip Hop is the exact same way Rock was treated in its early days. There is a reason why it sells more than any other genre.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I like all three. I have all three on my iPod.

Therefore I like all three.

Years
  • Rap ~ 7/10 (Depends, if it's "new" rap it can go **** itself)
    Rock ~ 9/10
    Metal ~ 3847537548375384754875847/10 (I love all types of metal.)

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
  • I have to edit my previous message in this thread. I have to confess. The truth is, I don't really like rock nor metal music. I even tried to like it for years and I still don't. Last Friday, I was listening to this girl's iPod. It had most the good highest selling rock bands, but I never even heard of most of the rock and metal bands on her iPod. I didn't want to hurt her feelings and say, "I don't enjoy rock and metal music." I only like a very few songs from rock and metal, like on video games. There is just something in this world that is hard for you to like (even if you tried so hard). Well, at least I enjoy the continuous multi-platinum rappers that make high hits on the Hot Billboard. :cer_smile:

EDIT: People need to stop complaining about why the thread maker didn't add more music genres. He did not want a full list about types of music. He just ask a simple question. "Rock, Metal or Rap." You people really need to start listening to questions and answering them very carefully.

Last edited:
    Back