• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Genre of Music: Rap, Rock, or Metal?

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Huh.

Rap: 2/10
    I don't like it. Maybe one song or two, but they weren't all rap.

Rock: 8/10
    Rock is usually fine, but there are times when it's a bit annoying.

Metal: 9/10
    Metal is usually very enjoyable to listen.

But what I really like is Pop music, so yeah.

notbob

ZE ULTIMATE POWA
    Years
    Metal: 9/10
    I hate death metal, it is the worst genre ever.
    Rap: 5/10
    When it turned to the 90's, rap was dead, like disco.
    Not as awesome as metal, but still cool.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Rap: 3/10 — I simply haven't explored the genre enough, perhaps a plausible explanation being that a lot of the lyric nature is morally concerning.
    Rock: 5/10 — Little more than pop dressed up with guitars, but it works sometimes.
    Metal: 7/10 — This genre is my competent all-rounder; if I feel like nothing else, it's what eventually gets played. That three removed from the ten is mostly the death metal bands.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    In order of most liked to the least:

1) Rap
    2) Rock
    3) Metal

I grew up around rap, so it's only natural that it's my favorite genre. However, there are rappers like Soulja Boi that just kill the entire genre. I've only recently started exploring rock music, but metal is just a no-no for me.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Rap: 10/10
    Rap/Hip-Hop is my favorite genre, but I hardly listen to mainstream.

I like various forms of rock, but since their are so many, some I'm not fond of, I lowered the score.

Metal: 8/10
    I'll really like some metal, but others are meh.

In general, I love all genres of music one way or another except Country and I don't listen to Techno really (I don't dislike all of it though).

SiLvER32

Pokemon League Developer
    Years
    Metal: 8/10
    Rock: 9/10
    Not listening to a lot of metal & rock lately.
    Rap: 9/10
    Greek rap is awesome.

The fact that the amount of metal/rock songs with greek lyrics is limited is the reason I turned to rap, the scene here is great, people write about life and don't care about the money and the fame. I used to bash rap because I didn't know the groups I listen to now existed, it was wrong of me.

Mihael

Tara X willow=OTP
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2012
    Rap: 7/10. I do not enjoy listening to most of it, however the older rap is a very acceptable art form.

Rock: 9/10: Modern rock is just plain boring. However I thorughly enjoy bands ranging from Jimi Hendrix to the Ramones, to Led zeppelin.

Metal: 10/10
    My personal favorite genre, as I think it is the best sounding.
    Bands such as Motley crue, Megadeth, Motorhead, And Maiden are some of my favorites.

Back