• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What Graphics Would You Prefer?

What Graphics Would You Prefer?

• Fire Red - Leaf Green Style

Votes: 19 15.8%
  • Diamond - Pearl Style

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Either - I Like Both xD

Votes: 23 19.2%

• Total voters

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
Years
  • I much more prefer the graphics from the 4th generation. It does not make sense to me why there would be FR/LG graphics on a Nintendo DS. It's only natural that the graphics should improve with each generation. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    LGFR was good for its time but its 2009 and time to move on to better thing.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2009
    I would preffer Firered/Leafgreen and that it was on the GBA. Because my DS sucks ass, and my GBA is in perfect condition :p

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Play Liquid Crystal/Shiny Gold if you want FRLG graphics. After having all the 493 Pokemons, and all the new moves, the DS graphics will be the main reason i`ll play it.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I do not know which one I like more. D/P sprites look tacky just a little bit but its 3D. And for the older GBA games, lack of 3D, but not so tacky sprites.

Years
  • These are the graphics I prefer:
    Coolestpicsever.png

(Here's an example of how Johto would look with FrLg graphics. To see, open the spoiler. I made Mahogany Town using FrLg graphics (cred goes to spriters-resource for tiles and also, b/c I didn't make the interior of the building.)
    Spoiler:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I would have picked either but unfortunately I didn't play FireRed/LeafGreen a whole lot.

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
  • I am very impressed with HG/SS's graphics so far. However, I have one quibble, some of the grass looks goofy. It looks like curly hair! LOL

Ashje

+1 Dead Puppies
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    I'm not too picky, but I like the DS graphics over the GBA ones. I honestly don't care though.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Are you saying you've already hacked D/P/Pt? I'd really like to find a Map Editor for 'em...PM me if you know anything else. I'd really appreciate it!
    No, GymLeaderLily is not saying that she has hacked D/P/Pt. She wasn't even implying it. She just said that it's harder to sprite the 3-dimensional graphics. Also, no, there are no map editors for D/P/Pt.

Well, I'd definitely prefer the 3D graphics of D/P/Pt and especially HG/SS. It adds a new feel to the games. As long as the graphics aren't bad (which they obviously aren't), then I'm fine with it. Even if the graphics are bad, the game is still playable.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    This is what I hate when people talk on a product that hasn't even come out yet. You get so many complaints, but at the end of the day, the company knows what will work best and what will sell most. You should learn to trust what they are doing and step into the future. The games have the DP graphics for a reason, as they work best currently

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    If it were GBA graphics, they would have made them for GBA and not for the DS, I like both styles, but I think the D/P/P graphics ar better, cause the maps can look more beautiful then, and kinda more new as the GBA graphics.

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I think this thread somehow has no meaning. All of us are Pokémon fans, and except for the rare few, we will still play the new games regardless of graphics.
    However, if you think on a broader scale, outside of loyal fans, then you will realize that there would be very different responses than the ones from people posting here. For example, if when they made the new DS Pokémon games, they used FireRed/LeafGreen graphics, many people would complain. Fans would still play the games, but many others who aren't fans might have less reason to play them. When they make new games they have to consider drawing new fans in, so they try to create graphics that best suit the console they're working with.

In this case, they moved to the DS which has better graphical capabilities, and thus took advantage of those capabilities. I think they feel, however, that they couldn't have went fully 3D, because that would feel somewhat foreign to veteran fans of the series. So, the game has mostly 2D graphics, with the 3D perspective rolling effect on the overworld sprites, and 3D level graphics.

I like the direction they took with the move to the DS. I'm always open to improvements in graphics, and in my opinion, they improved them. I never liked their 3D rolling effect, because it makes the sprites look pixelated, and they should be anti-aliased on top of having that effect to remove the pixelation.
    I'm actually glad they kept those graphics for HeartGold/SoulSilver, because I've taken a liking to them.
    I just wish they had kept Kris from Crystal instead of completely replacing her with someone else. (I think they don't like blue hair. :P)

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I want Diamond and pearl style, but with add ons if you get what I mean? Like give it the Jhoto twist. lol

Back