• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What handheld do you play Pokemon on?

Years
  • I currently play Black and my 4th Generation games on my Ice Blue DS Lite.

I might upgrade to a 3DS in the future.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I'd like to hear some other's opinion's on the 3DS. Assuming you've had the previous systems in the past. I have stated before I prefer my DS lite to the 3DS because of the colours on the screen, loading time and the feel of it in my hands (Heavy and flimsy) on the plus side though I like the new toggle/joystick button.

Zeus

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Game Boy Colour for Silver and Crystal, DS lite for the DS and GBA games. ATM I use my 3DS now for the DS games, seeing it's the best system I have atm (what with a broken DS Lite hinge and all too -_-).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Game Boy Pocket for Blue version, Game Boy Colour for Gold (as well as sometimes Blue), Game Boy Advance/SP for Sapphire and then DS Lite for Black. Because my handheld gaming revolved mainly around Pokemon, I'd tend to get the next iteration of the Game Boy/DS whenever a new Pokemon game was about to come out. Thinking about it now, it seems very wasteful... but I was young and naive all those years ago. :P

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I began to play with my Yellow Gameboy Color, then with a gray GameBoyAdvance SP (and black patterns) and currently I'm playing with a pink DS Lite (unfortunately I think she's gonna die soon, she has a lot of glitches :pink_frown:).

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • My first handheld console ever was my black GameGear...but that's not Pokemon related, lol, so my first real handheld console was my Transparent Purple Game Boy Color (played Pokemon Blue and Pokemon Silver on it) which I still own. Then I used my light blue Game Boy Advance SP for playing Pokemon Emerald on it. And nowwwwwww I used my Black and Red DS Lite for Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Soul Silver, and Pokemon Black! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Started on a Game Boy Pocket, then an advance. Then fat DS. I play Pokemon on my Lite the most nowadays, with my SP behind it. And that puts my 3DS last. I just got it though...however, I don't like how DS games look on it anyway, so I probably will stick to playing Pokemon on my Lite.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    Started with DS Lite, then got DS from my friend, and then bought 3DS. But I don't prefer playing DS games on 3DS because you must change it's resolution to smaller so they don't look blurry.

Years
  • I like heafty systems. Things that you can really hold on to.

Origional DS is my favorite.
    DSxl
    Gameboy advance when it's bright enough to play without a backlight.

I don't like the Advance SP or the DS lite, DSi etc. Their edges are too pointy. The power buttons are located in inconvenient places. Haven't touched a 3DS yet.

Would really like to try a gameboy pocket for the portability and convenience on the go.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I first played gold on my red GBC, then Ruby on my Gameboy Advance SP (also FRLG and Emerald). Then, when my dad gave me my DsLite, I had a chance to play Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, and the awesome PMD games. But most of the time, these are kept away so I use emulator.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I once played all of my games in my DS Lite, but I replaced it with a DSi XL.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I only play on my NDS lite now. I still have my pink see-through GBA, but it's in storage in my mom's garage. :P

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Gameboy Color for Gen 1 & 2. Nintendo DS Lite for Gen 3 to Gen 5.

Houndoomed

Battle Master
    Years
  • I went to my local game shop yesterday and saw that by chance they still had a brand new DSXL in the display case, It was bronze and I had always wanted one but never got around to it, as I was told they distort the animation because the screen is too large, I bought it anyway and now Im in love with it! My eyesight will thank me later.

Zeus

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I'm cheap, so I play mine on a broken DS Lite. The top screen has dead pixels and the hinges are broken so it won't stay closed on it's own anymore. xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2014
    I had been using a black/red DS Lite for the past couple of years. I went and bought a black 3DS a couple weeks ago because my top DS screen was nearly dead.

Back