• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What happened to the old simple Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    The simple Pokemon?

Red and Gold caught them all. You're now left with these ones.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    Gliscor is amazing. Rhyperior on the other hand looks like a fat guy with a bad nose job.

lololol'

really, if you want to play the same game over and over again. go get your gameboy or your emulators or something, and play Red and blue

No thank you. I'm enoying Platinum at the moment. The battle system is vastly superior to any other game, and I'm catching the Pokemon I like and ignoring the other ones.

I love how every time a new game comes out, the fandom complains about the change
    Not that it matters
    guys are still gonna buy the game anyways n_n

Of course I am. Just because I hate 50% of the new Pokemon, doesn't mean I don't like the other stuff, doesn't mean I can't just ignore the ones I don't like.

also. who says pokemon are supposed to be simplistic and look like regular animals
    they're Pocket MONSTERS for crying out loud o_o;;
    they can be as crazy looking as they want :U

It's a personal preference, that's all.

Years
    One of my friends "gave up on Pokemon" and sold every single one of his Pokemon games due to his outrage about the new pokemon designs.

"They're really running out of ideas," he said. "They made an ELECTRIC ZEBRA!"

Sorry to trash on him, but I have to say...the words Electric and Zebra put together sound pretty darn cool to me.

Some of the new designs aren't great, but hey, I'm sure there have always been certain pokemon that certain people don't like.
    As people get older their tastes in Pokemon change. I love Bird pokemon, but I don't like Delibird. Yet I'm sure I could grow to like him if I trained him. :)

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    I really don't understand the "they're running out of ideas" or "these Pokemon are so unoriginal" arguments.
    Let's take a look at Gen 1 (aka the only gen that did anything right.)

What happened to the old simple Pokemon?

Here we have the "create an evolution by taking the first one and making it bigger" method. Not too original if you ask me.

Next we'll explore the "create an evolution by throwing in some more of the exact same Pokemon" method.

And last but not least we have the "create an evolution by turning the first Pokemon upside down" method.

This is also, of course, an extention of the "take something you have already created (Pokeball) and reuse it for the sake of creativity" method.

Last edited:

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    One of my friends "gave up on Pokemon" and sold every single one of his Pokemon games due to his outrage about the new pokemon designs.

"They're really running out of ideas," he said. "They made an ELECTRIC ZEBRA!"

Sorry to trash on him, but I have to say...the words Electric and Zebra put together sound pretty darn cool to me.

Some of the new designs aren't great, but hey, I'm sure there have always been certain pokemon that certain people don't like.
    As people get older their tastes in Pokemon change. I love Bird pokemon, but I don't like Delibird. Yet I'm sure I could grow to like him if I trained him. :)

hahhahaha sorry if this offends but that guy is a dumbass! i cant even explain further. whats wrong with an electric zebra? a zebra with electric stripes (while the real thing has black and white stripes) is pretty cool

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Lol yeah =3=
    I won't ever sell my games ever even if I decide to quit, which'll probably happen the next time Jirachi awakens for Arceus's sake :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Like I said before, even when the Kanto Generation was current I hated how some of them were kinda stupid... MR MIME, PERSIAN, DITTO, if I can type in the Pokemon's name without Spellcheck kicking in something is wrong. Also, JYNX and MR MIME were the first to "not look like Pokemon". Dewgong, Pidgy, Seel, Raticate, and a few others look like real animals... ur going to get your flaws in every generation and that's been the case since the beginning.

Years
    The naturalistic style is virtually non-existant with Pokemon now, which is why people dislike them. There's no reason to be hatin' on people just because they prefer their Pokemon simple and with less round features. There's nothing more to it.

So far I hate all these Pokemon, so things are looking to good. I might resort to using only oldies this time around.

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    "What happened to the old simple Pokemon?"

It evolved :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...yes, Pokemon evolved and this thread died! Please don't revive dead threads.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back