• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What have you named your Rival?

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    I always name him "Ronald" after the guy from the Pokemon Trading Card Game for GBC. I always thought Ronald had a way cooler theme song, was a bigger jerk, and was more amusing as a character since he acts all tough and superior over a dorky trading card game. If Ronald and Gary ever got into a "yo mama" fight, Ronald would win hands down since he's such a bigger creep. Gary falls to his knees in defeat while Ronald busts out the double doors of the school cafeteria with his awesome theme song playing. XD

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2019
    POOPHEAD, or POOHEAD if it doesnt fit. It never fails. I've never had a different rival name. Always stuck to my guns of the first one I made in Pokemon Blue when I was little

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
  • I cannot think of any name that suit with him so i ended up naming him Stalker. Later then, i gave him a much nicer name. 8)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I always name him Gary, because

Spoiler:

Last edited:

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I used to always name my FRLG rivals after Gary Oak, but as I grew up I started giving him different names. Now I usually name my rival after one of my friends, so that way when I win a rival battle while I'm hanging out with my friend, I can clown on them and say "I just whooped you fam hashtag that"

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I named mine Oscar lmao. It's my cat's name and my cat always has a bad attitude, so...

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Over the countless times I played through my Leaf Green version, I never grabbed the opportunity to name my rival something like asshole or the likes. I believe I named him Gary most of the time, as that was the name I'd always identified him with, so I didn't really see much reason to name him anything else I guess. The funny thing is that he was the only rival this ever applied to (aside from the R/B rival since they're basically the same), as in most of the other games, I'd usually find some kind of condescending name to call my rival, but for the Kanto rival, it was just mostly always Gary, which I guess is just from how the anime has influenced me.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I named him Blue, because that's his canon name.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I named him Green when I played LeafGreen for the first time, I think. I also recalled naming him Annie and Rosie in future playthroughs. x)

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • I named my rival after my cousin Chris hahaha :-P
    He's the only person who really plays with me so that naturally makes him my rival.

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • It really depended on the playthrough really. I think I named him Gary during my first playthorugh of FireRed but would name him after my friends I used to play in real life with for a long time e.g. Jack, Thomas, Dylan. In more recent times I've called him Green, like he is in the original manga.

Back