• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What have YOU released into the Wonder Trade?

Years
  • Greetings! Sorry if there already is a thread like this. This is my first one and I'm kind of a new member so I am not 100% sure, but I went ahead and posted this anyway!

So, we've all probably tested the Wonder Trade mechanism in X and Y by now, and everyone knows that you can either get something great and awesome, or you can get a Caterpie caught on Route 2. Mostly the latter, unfortunetly.

But all of these Caterpies and Scatterbugs and Honedges and Bidoofs has to come from somewhere, right?
    So, I wanted to make a little confession thread where YOU can tell us what you have released into the Wonder Trade, be it good or be it bad. No one's here to judge you since we all have probably released one or two bad Pokémon into it ourselves at some point.

I'll start off:
    In the beginning, I released a Bedrill and a Farfetch'd into it (Pokémon which I actually used early in the game) and then later a couple of Luvdiscs. Awful.
    I also tended to throw every Pokémon that I got that I didn't want back into the Wonder Trade, which also was pretty bad of me all things considered.
    Now I am repenting for my actions by only releasing egg-pokémon bred with good natures, abilities and sometimes IVs. I've thrown in a shipload of Protean Froakies, Mawiles, Beldums, Speed Boost Venipedes and Tynamos! I also keep every Pokémon I get and release them instead of just sending them back in if they are spam-pokés, just to make the Wonder Trade alittle bit better!

SO, GO AHEAD AND TELL YOUR STORY.

Years
  • I've released the Kraken.

lol nope just kidding. I chain Wonder Trades to help fill up my Pokedex. I think I've only released a couple, an Oddish maybe, as well as an Espurr? But I just keep trading away the Pokemon I get in a Wonder Trade for new ones.

Years
  • I've ended up letting chestnaughts and charizards go before after receiving them ( I have a good bit of them for some odd reason ) I've let a tooonnnnn of 4 Iv pkmn go from tynamo to furfrou to drilbur to charmander, I usually only keep the 5 Ivs. Let a bunch of dittos go one time at my attempt to be gracious to ppl who might be just reaching the daycare but who knows how that went, but alot of the time I'm letting go crap trades i receive while wonder trading to be honest

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I usually put common Pokémon into Wonder Trade, such as Pidgey, Caterpie, Metapod, etc. Some people may be against this, but hey—it's our game; we should feel free to do anything we wish. Also, if I get a Pokémon from Wonder Trade and don't like it, then I'd put it back into the system as well. :p

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I've released the Kraken.

lol!

I generally send up the stuff I get from Wonder Trade that I don't want or need. Most of it is crap like elemental monkeys or Bunnelbys. A few of them have been good things too, and its just that I already had one or wasn't interested in using one.

There was also one time I bred up roughly 5 extra Protean Froakies, Gooey Goomys, Gale Wings Fletchlings and stuff like that. All had good natures. So I've put a little bit of good stuff into the WT too.

Kinda wish I wouldn't get Froakies and Charmanders and Gibles anymore. Get a fair bit of those, but I don't need them.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Any breeding leftovers that have 4 perfect IVs or less. That way it lets me get rid of them without releasing them, and I can further complete my dex at the same time.

Years
  • At the moment, i send out a lot of Haunters and Gravelers. I really don't like sending out useless commons from the first couple of routes. Even if i got something like a level 2 Fletching, i wouldn't send it back into the wonder trade.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Like Deceit above me, I tend to send any extra Pokemon I don't need (such as when I need a female - and I get 4 males), and other Pokemon I don't really want, I just catch them for the PokeDex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2020
    I've given a couple pokemon that arent terrible, like a Gyarados, and some graveler/haunter pokemons, but usually if somebody gives me a pokemon i dont need in a wonder trade i just wonder trade it away afterwords. This past hour ive been wonder trading away alot of fossil pokemon that i have like 5 of, such as shieldon, omanyte, and kabuto.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    The best thing i've released so far was a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 Gible, with Outrage and Iron head egg moves. It had sand veil as the ability though, if it had rough skin then I would've kept him.

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • I've just recently released Boxes of 4IV+ Charmanders, Honedges, Eevees, and Cyndaquils that needed new homes :U And some lvl 100 Pokemon I used previously. I tend to only send in good Pokes into the Wonder Trade because I'm just too nice for my own good xD

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Seeing how I revive a lot of 3-5 IV foreign pokemon, I ted to return the favor and send out tons of 3-5 IVd pokemon. Lately they've mainly been Pokebank mons such as Porygon,The Starters and Phione.

Feunard

Random Trainer
    Years
  • At first I traded every pokemon I had that I didn't want but after a while I started feeling bad and started to release eevees which aren't so great either. It went from eevees and charmanders to 4-5 IV vulpix with Drought and Hypnosis. I've been trying to MM a 5 IV vulpix for a while so a lot of people have been getting these. I half expect for someone to WT one back to me with how many I've sent out.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Feb 19, 2022
    I have sent out a LOT of starters, and here lately I've been sending out pokebank starters to help some people out, since I have all of them now and have been breeding them like crazy. I think I'll send out some meowth's soon. I've sent out a lot of pokerus pokemon as well, and some cool Friend safari pokemon. Today many people have received 3-4 IV Treecko's. xD

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    I have only done it a few times. I got a haunter and charmander. I'm afraid to use it incase I get a bad egg and ruin my game. What are the chances of that?
    Pretty much slim to none.

No one is able to hack X or Y yet and the 3DS hasn't been cracked, very few people still have access to pokebank, and even then bad eggs would probably be flagged by the game and not allowed to be transferred in. Wonder Trade for your life buddy, nothing bad is going to happen.

Back