• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What have YOU released into the Wonder Trade?

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 24, 2014
    I send out a lot of poliwhirl. From my need to find another King's Rock I catch a lot of them.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • Adamant Trapinch with some decent Egg Moves under their belt. I breed them for funsies, practicing breeding tactics, and I figure that because they're actually rather decent that someone would appreciate them. Other than that if I receive a Pokemon I dislike through Wonder Trade then I will trade that one off too.

Years
    • Age 34
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    The last thing I traded was a couple of adamant Mawiles with 5 perfect IVs and Fire Fang as an egg move. Mostly the stuff I get back I release afterwards, because I'm at a point where I have a lot of them anyway and otherwise I would run out of space pretty fast, considering that I have only a few empty boxes left. Pokebank, where are you, I need you right now... xD

Well, sometimes I chain trade, but mostly to get a few Pokemiles and you have to see it from this side: others might get rodents when you trade them away, but they get more Pokemiles, too. :P

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jan 25, 2014
    Well, I sent in a few Bunnelby's, Caterpie's, and other Pokemon into the Wonder Trade, Hoping to get something useful, But no dice. Most recently I sent in over 104 Eevee's freshly hatched from eggs after I finally got my Shiny Eevee (Which is now a Sweet looking Espeon) and I thought I would at least get something useful (I mean I got a Shiny which has a 1/8192 of encountering, couldn't I get something useful in wonder trade?) Well The best thing I got besides a bunch of egg hatched experiments and other random Pokemon was a Feebas which I breeded Until I got a Timid Nature and Now I have a beautiful Milotic. :)

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Sep 17, 2019
    Admittedly, I do send out a lot of bad stuff like Fletchlings when they are given to me. However, I will send out some Pokemon left over from breeding, but they usually aren't that great because I get to about three perfect necessary ivs and then give up out of laziness

Years
  • I don't even remember what I released... its been so long..

Well, they usually end up being my breeding experiments. Which have been, Cleffa, Hawlucha, Pineco, Bulbasaur, Sandile, Mawile, and Growlithe. I usually end up having tons of these guys, and rather than deleting them, I'd rather send them out into the wild as it were to see if they find a home somewhere amidst the Wondertrade system. I didn't start wonder trading till well after completing the game, so I never got to experience the joys of trading a caterpie and getting a Xerneas for it.. for better or worse.

What I get in return, however, is usually the stuff I release, resend out or keep depending on what it is, as you probably would of guessed. I sometimes end up with good stuff, Spewpa, for example, is something I always keep because you can evolve it and trade it for just about anything if you happen to get one from a region thats not all that common. I usually keep fossils, because they tend to also be "hot items" on the GTS from what I've experienced. Though they haven't netted me a Heatran yet, so I guess anyone who has one probably won't let it go for anything less than a Keldeo or something silly like that... I usually always resend out a Pokerus guy though, being I have several with it already, and deleting it would be a waste.

Moving forward though, I really hope Gamefreak overhauls the way you store Pokemon. The numbers be climbin, and it's just so tedious and kind of backwards doing things the old way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    The best thing I sent out was a box and a half of Friend Safari Dittos.

I have also sent out half a box of Totodiles when I snagged my first one off the GTS and felt like sharing the love. Did the same when I got a Porygon.

LicensedJet

Playing Pokémon Y ~
    Years
  • After doing a little breeding I have a box each full of Adamant Avalanche/Ancient Power Mudkips, Timid Protean Froakies, Timid Dragon Pulse Charmanders and Adamant Huge Power Marills with Aqua Jet.
    Some have the desired IV's, others do not but I'll spend the evening throwing these into the wonder trade system!
    The Pokémon I get in return I will release unless they're not just a random 'filler' Pokémon then either breed or send them back in.

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I WT all of the Pokemon I don't need. If it's the usual (Fletchling, Bunnelby, etc.) then I'll release them (even though I didn't use to). If it's a Pokemon I don't need but it's still good then I'll WT it again. Since I'm collecting all of the Vivillon forms then I keep the Scatterbugs I get, as you never know what pattern they could have.

I don't WT any of my non-shiny breeds, I just find it easier to release them. However, I'm going to MM for a shiny Cyndaquil (I managed to get one on the GTS). I'll be nice and WT the non-shinies.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Several boxes of Pineco, Skarmorys, Miltanks and a few safari Forretress' while I was IV breeding and needed some PokeMiles.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I've Wonder Traded pretty decent Pokemon, usually being 2-3 IV bred Pokemon that weren't my desired results, some having egg moves, or even some flawless Pokemon with the ability I didn't want. I don't like getting those Fletchlings, Bidoofs, or Bunnelbys that everyone seems to love to circulate though, and if I get one of those and they don't have a hidden ability, I delete the person off my acquaintance list so they could never contact me if they wanted to.

I keep the Scatterbugs in case I want to collect the Vivillon forms, but in the case of pre-Lumiose Pokemon, it's off my acquaintances list. Don't contact me. :/

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I sent some phiones out last night, may send more today.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I just catch a bunch of common pokemon, level them up, teach them good TMs, and WT them.

I'm doing a shiny hatching, but I don't think people would be happy with weedle.

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
    Years
  • I always trade away my failed attempts at either Pokemon with perfect IVs or masuda method fails. Every once in a while I'll send some pokerus around though.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I've released many breeding rejects, including ones with hidden abilities and special moves. I sent almost a whole box full of male Tyrunts with Poison Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang and Fire Fang. I also sent my Eevees that know Wish, Charm, Covet and Baton Pass. Several Gooey Goomys. I also Wonder Trade Pokemon from the Friend Safari that don't have the right nature, hidden ability or not. Oh, and a lot of Pokemon just for the heck of it.

Years
  • At first I thought about X exclusives, sent a Clawitzer and got a Phantump. I actually received japanese pokemon with good IVs, a few ordinary ones, but it's been a long time away from trades. I have 3 boxes full of Abras 3 IVs I want to evolve before sending, but I'm too lazy to do this now.

DearBigfoot

Mareep everywhere!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    Just sent out a 3 box horde of Amaura with pokerus and 3-5 IVs. Enjoy to those who got them. >;o

Back