• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What helps you go to sleep at night?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    Just as the title says. X3

Basically, what helps me sleep is having my TV on, The Fox by PelleK playing (cover of course lol), my room being cold and my Sebastian plushie as well. I can't sleep without any of these things. Believe it or not, watching TV actually helps me relax a lot easier. I know some people say that TV is bad for you before bed but... eh. I don't care lol.

So, what helps you sleep? Do you have any weird habits or routines you do in order to sleep better at night?

I hope this hasn't been asked before. It feels like it has been, but I'm not sure. D:

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I work myself to exhaustion in order to sleep. Since I have no schedule to adhere to that about does it. Hours of writing C, writing up build sheets for PCs, waiting on shit to transfer on my slow-ass setups I have now, or just about anything else when I'm not browsing PC in my spare time. If I could game I would, but no hardware lol

Sirfetch’d

I have a hard time falling asleep and unless I am just physically exhausted I normally have to take some form of sleep aid. I've been taking Melatonin lately though and it seems to help me a lot.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I have to be pretty physically tired, because if it's just mentally I won't sleep at all. Though, sometimes I swear I could run a marathon and my brain still wouldn't shut down so that I can sleep, even if I'm super worn out sometimes. Sometimes playing a game or lurking apps on my phone (with the brightness turned out hella low) helps me fall asleep. I'd like to say that music helps, but honestly that just keeps me away because I wanna listen to it. .w.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I need to be really tired in order for me to sleep. Not just mentally, but physically. If I can't sleep I'll go for a jog around the block and come back and read a chapter or two in a book. That will usually get me in the right mood to sleep! That being said, when I do lay down I have to watch a bit of TV so that I get my brain distracted and I'm not lost inside my head. Recently however, I've had to switch it off before I can actually go to sleep which is very contrary to how the rest of my life has been where I needed the TV on to stay asleep.

It has to be a good temperature! Not too hot and not too cold. Although I do prefer it to be a BIT on the colder side as I need a blanket/sheet/something to cover me while I sleep. White noise doesn't work for me because it's not distracting enough, but something like TV or Music does as long as I'm not interested in it too much. That being said I've noticed another good way to keep myself distracted is if I am texting someone and waiting for their reply. Especially if it is someone I really want to talk to! I always fall asleep waiting for their text back lol

Years
    Most of the time, it's looking at the clock that can help me fall asleep, especially on days that I know when I need to be up at a certain time.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Most of the time, it's looking at the clock that can help me fall asleep, especially on days that I know when I need to be up at a certain time.

Huh. Interesting. How do you think that works? If I look at the clock when I can't sleep I just get angry at myself for it being that late and me not being asleep which in turn wakes me up more, haha.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    It's easier to sleep in the winter as the more blankets I have, the better.

occasionally if that fails I may resort to desperate measures.

Though I've gotten so much better at getting to sleep when I try to in the past year or so. Routine helps too I guess. Inconsistent sleeping hours = inconsistent sleep.

Years
    Huh. Interesting. How do you think that works? If I look at the clock when I can't sleep I just get angry at myself for it being that late and me not being asleep which in turn wakes me up more, haha.
    If I can't fall asleep knowing when I have a deadline, I just usually think to myself that when I wake up in the morning, I shouldn't feel tired, or else I would have fallen asleep earlier. Sometimes it works, although often times the consequence is taking a nap late in the afternoon, which I am okay with, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I just lay in my bed and think about many things. It's kind of weird/hard to explain, but I know how to think a certain way that will eventually make me fall asleep, but sometimes I'm just not ready to do it. ummmm idk if this makes sense???

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have to have a pillow between my legs to buffer them cause they always hurt when I don't move them for a while or whatever. Then I have to have another pillow to hug all over. And I leave a video on to listen to as I fall asleep, usually a Let's Play or some other video game related thing, since that's what I typically watch when I'm, uh, not trying to fall asleep lol.

Sir Codin

No really, I take Klonopin every night and sometimes a couple of sleeping pills.

Years
    I have kind of a bad habit of sleeping late...

Around 8pm I take some melatonin and drink a cup of "Sleepytime Tea" that has chamomile and other ingredients that help promote sleep. Whenever I decide it's time to sleep (usually sometime between 12am-2am), I turn off all lights and stimulating electronics such as the TV, computer, and game consoles. Cuddling with my cat is also calming, hearing her purr.

Nakala Pri

Trying to think about things I've been wanting to think about all day. XD I usually can't wait to go to bed as soon as I get up so I can just think clearly, but I always fall asleep straight away.

My main problem is going to bed late. :(

Years
    I can't sleep if there's light. And that's kind of funny, because as a kid I used to be terrified of the dark...
    I'd say I can't sleep if it's noisy too, but I have so many clocks in my room... I'm pretty sure the ticking helps me get to sleep these days. Somehow.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I fall asleep more easily with lavender + eucalyptus essential oils being diffused on my bedside table. Having some sort of noisemaker is an absolute necessity for me. I have an air conditioner in the window next to my bed that I leave on every single night, including the nights it gets below 20°F...simply because I need the noise. I used to have a fan which was a little warmer than the straight cold air is, but it broke. I can sleep more easily being too cold than being too hot, anyway. I actually prefer to be a little too cold. *shrug*

I can't sleep with any form of light, television, radio, or anything like that. I used to take sleeping pills and such but they left me feeling far too awful in the morning, so I just toughed it out a few days in a row of going to sleep around 11 and waking up at 5 (with NO NAPS ALL DAY T-T) until I eventually got in the routine now of going to bed at 9pm and waking up at 5:30.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't really need any help getting to sleep - I can sleep literally any time, anywhere. I spend a total of three hours commuting to and from campus every other day and I tend to nap on the bus a lot, even though it's crowded af and really noisy. Sometimes I'm not even that tired, I just nap because I'm bored.

At night, I can fall asleep pretty much as soon as I get in bed. I say 'I can' because I usually sit up to watch Youtube videos or TV until my eyes can't open anymore, but if I just leave all distractions off, I can fall asleep immediately. I have a pillow and blanket on my desk because sometimes I fall asleep in my study while I'm working, too.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I usually listen to a podcast, as people talking makes me concentrate on that, instead of my thoughts just pondering about the meaning of life, how we came to be, why we are here, and if that girl really likes me or accidentally sent me that nude. I have an incredibly hard time not thinking if it's silent, so I absolutely need something to concentrate on.

Back