• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What helps you go to sleep at night?

Years
    I have to have a fan blowing on me at all times. Not because of the noise, but because moving air is incredibly comfortable. I also need total darkness to fall asleep quickly.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Rain when it does anyways. Otherwise melatonin sometimes. I often just bang my head against my pillow until I sleep though nightly.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I don't have anything that helps me sleep, really. I have my Doggy and Moomoo (yes, shut up, but they're important XD). Otherwise, I just lay there. Adamantly. Eventually I go. Sometimes I don't sleep for a long time/at all though, and just have to bare with it or get up again. I can't recommend sleeping habits because mine are dreadful XD

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Things that help me sleep are when my room is chilly but not frigid-cold, and when my bedding and pajamas have just been washed and are all warm. I doze off easily with the TV on, but I don't turn it on to help me sleep, because then it just distracts me lol. I like some white noise too - favs are things like rain and wind. I hate fans though, but that's because I hate any "humming" white noise, it reminds me of overheating electronics or something so idk. Plus it screws up my sinuses like no freaking other, I just don't like fans at all :(

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    My pillows must be in the proper alignment or else I can't sleep. There can't be too many pillows, and the cat most certainly can't be on top of my head. (Although she loves to do that, and I have to keep shooing her away.)

Also, blankets. There must be two types of blanket - one is a thin sheet and the other is a more traditional blanket that goes over it. Lastly, the air conditioner must be on. Its loud noise is what soothes me to sleep and I can't sleep with silence. Also, it's usually hot here, so we need that cool breeze.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    Leaving sports radio on. Maybe it's just me, though...since I've done this for 11 straight years now.

But hey, while I try to sleep, at least I learn something that's notable at the same time.

Years
    Things that help me sleep are when my room is chilly but not frigid-cold, and when my bedding and pajamas have just been washed and are all warm.(

Pretty much this. I really like having my room slightly cold, because it makes being in my warm bed that much more comfortable. Actually, I like having things be cold in general for that exact reason.
    And washed sheets feel AMAZING.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Doing a fairly mindless task on a Pokemon game often helps me fall asleep (e.g., breeding a batch of eggs or training a bit). I tend to forget how well that technique works, but it's much more effective for me than reading or just lying in bed thinking about things. Otherwise, my mind tends to race excessively when I try to fall asleep. Aside from that, I need a dark, quiet, reasonably cool room (I can't sleep if it's too hot). I also like to have two blanket options (or at least a sheet and a comforter) so that I can switch back and forth depending on whether I'm too hot or too cold during the night.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I get sleepy really easy so I don't really need anything to help me fall asleep. However, I do have the one or two days where I can't go to sleep no matter what, I just listen to music with headphones on and it sometimes makes me sleepy.
    Sometimes I have a snack which isn't the best before bed, but eating makes me sleepy apparently lol

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I have a lot of things that help me sleep at night. Having my stuffed animals with me in the bed is major thing that helps me sleep. I sleep with three but my stuffed wolf is really what matters. I need him to hold and sometimes prop my head up on. I also like having a fan on in the summer or a heater in the winter for the noise they make. I don't like complete silence. In my room, I like it to be somewhat cold, but not freezing. If it's too hot, I can't sleep. Rain and thunderstorms also really help me sleep. The rain is so calming and relaxing. I often tend to make stories/scenarios about any old thing in my head while I fall asleep and the rain really helps.
    I also liked to have soft smooth jazz playing but all the jazz stations in my city disappeared >_>

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Nothing. I either sleep all day, or stay awake.

That is me sometimes and it's probably not the healthiest but sometimes I just got to bed really early in the morning and end up not waking up to like 5 am. What helps me though is being in a dark room and turning off the lights. I sometimes listen to music or watch some tv and lay in a comfortable position.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I should probably start perusing this to try something new, honestly. Nothing seems to help me sleep at night anymore. Seriously, I could be sitting here, literally falling asleep as I'm playing a game or watching a movie, but the moment I turn everything off and crawl into bed, my brain is like, "What the fuck are you doing? Get back up, you were doing something." And then I just cannot stop thinking about whatever I was doing before.

-I've tried sleeping pills, but everything I've tried has made me hallucinate to a point that I'm afraid to try any others ever again.
    -I can't really sleep with any background noise like I used to because my boyfriend doesn't know what ear plugs are.
    -And obviously winding down with a game or a movie isn't working for me anymore, lol.

Snuggles with the boyfriend person help, but he can't sleep like that so it really only helps if I fall asleep before he rolls over. Some nights I just lie in bed and stare at my walls and wonder what we have in the fridge. D:

Years
    Me? If I start feeling tired then it's likely that I won't have trouble falling asleep. But while i'm in my dorm, if I start to feel warm while under the covers I pull my standing fan over to my bed and will put it on low setting.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Nothing helps me fall asleep. It doesn't matter how much activity I do during the day. I've ran a mile before, and couldn't fall asleep the same night. It doesn't matter if my body is tired, because my mind just refuses to calm down. I've tried so many things to fall asleep quickly and consistently, but nothing seems to work. I've tried sleeping pills, turning off all electronics an hour before I go to bed, writing down my thoughts, eating, not eating, silence, music, and nothing changes. There are at least two nights every week where it takes a couple hours of lying in bed to finally fall asleep, and I have about one night a month that I can't fall asleep ever, which makes the next day very painful. Falling asleep quickly for me is anytime under an hour.

Although, I guess listening to music does help me to a certain degree. It doesn't change the nights where I don't fall asleep, but it gives my mind something to focus on in the meantime.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Melatonin, mostly. And complete silence. Otherwise, the only way for me to fall asleep is when I'm so exhausted I just can't stay awake any longer.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lyricless music on low volume helps me get sleepy quickly.

But also what Went said, haha. It's actually really nice to go to bed when you're completely super tired.

Back