• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

Pokemonguy1990

Pokemon Shoto Saga Creator
Years
  • Personally I don't like Jasmine. I normally have a Typhlosion by the time I get to her, and with no Gym Trainers (got excited the first time I went in, the trainer walked up to me... but just talked >.<) However, I'll agree that Whitney is a pain ( especially in GSC days)

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Pryce...

The resting Pokemon just CANT stay asleep for 3 turns.

I just pummel the Dewgong with attack and attack and it keeps using rest... Then Sleep talk sleep talk sleep talk. It got on my nerves.

tbh, Whitney wasn't that bad. But when I beat her I'm like badge please.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    I don't hate any of 'em, but my least favorite is probably Clair. For me, she was somewhat difficult, and when you beat her, she doesn't give you the badge.

Isn't that illegal or something?! D:

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Whitney is easy, catch ghastly, level it till it learns curse, curse, profit.

Morty, send out a pidgeotto knowing roost to take the sucker punches, proceed to win.

Palcks

some nights.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 30, 2012
    I hate Whitney. She took me literally a few days to beat. She overused Attract and Rollout. The only way to beat her is to overtrain your Pokemon so that they are overleveled or to paralyze her Miltank.

I hated that too, but for some reason, my male Krabby was hardly affected by Attract. Miltank used it, but my Krabby attacked 95% of the time ^^ I got really easy too after I spammed Mud Shot, which didn't do much, but after a while she kept missing because of the lowered accuracy :3

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • I hate it when weak trainers are really strong.

Sorry, I misspoke. I meant personality wise she is weak. Falkner...Flying types, grass type starter, nuff said.

Who else was insanely tough? Hmm, I had to face Morty like 1,000 times because of his gengar (as well as my Pokemon being underleveled. They still are...) That's basically it.

Years
  • There is an easier way to do things. On your travels this is one option you can take.
    Faulkner - Catch a Geodude/Mareep to annihilate him easily.
    Bugsy - Geodude again or if you chose Cyndaquil as your starter this battle is easy.
    Whitney - Geodude can again take care of this, alternatively go catch a Nidoran (I prefer the male of the species, I find Nidoking to be a cooler final evo ;]) because Double Kick will work a charm if you grind a few levels.
    On your way to Goldenrod though, catch an Abra. Level it up a bit.
    Morty - The aforementioned Abra that should well and truly be a Kadabra should pretty much decimate Morty, especially if its to the level where it learns Psybeam, about level 24ish.
    Jasmine - The fire starter will take care of Jasmine for you. Either that or on your way to Ecruteak, catch a Growlithe/Vulpix and level it up a bit.
    Chuck - Trade your Kadabra and get yourself an Alakazam. It'll dominate this gym on its own, even with its weak physical defense. Fighting pokemon are quick, but they will never match up to Alakazam.
    Pryce - He is relatively easy to take care of. If you caught an electric type like Mareep near the start, or have been levelling up another it will destroy the water types, any fire type will work for Piloswine.
    Clair - I recommend having gone to union cave on Friday and catch a Lapras. It learns Ice Beam around Level 33, this will all but destroy her team. Your electric pokemon will do Gyarados in one hit probably.

So going on this you should have a well balanced team to beat the gyms.

Typhlosion/Arcanine/Ninetales
    Alakazam
    Golem/Nidoking
    Ampharos
    Lapras

And then finally as a filler you can choose something else, it won't make too much difference to beating the gyms or not. :)

Veronika

work your blonde.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2011
    Clair. First and only time I've legit wanted to kick a sprite in the face. Give me my ****** badge!

Years
  • I've fought seven of them so far, but it's all been smooth sailing. The only complain I have is with Whitney's Miltank =/ It's so tanky.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Chuck.
    I was underleveled against him, and took torturous amounts of grinding to beat him.

Surprisingly, I have had no problems with whitney, niether in soul silver nor gold....

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I don't hate any of them. In fact, I almost hate Whitney for being too easy to defeat in HeartGold and SoulSilver. And Bugsy for not evolving his cocoons when they're way past level 10.

Sazandora

bleh
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2015
    I hated Falkner in HG/SS, plainly because of the Pidgeotto's Roost-stalling shenanigans.

Back