• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What HG/SS gym leader do you HATE!

Time Guardian

Requiem of the 13th Hour
    Years
    In HG/SS it was Jasmine, That Steelix was a downright pain for me to even beat. Ironically, I always found her easy in the old Silver and back then Whitney was always the one I hated.

But then again, I think the pokewalker and getting a male Nidoran early in the game helped with Whitney in SS.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
    Whitney, whom I hated in G/S/C, was a piece of cake in HG/SS because I fought her female Pokemon with females of my own making one of Miltank's bread-and-butter moves; Attract, useless. I wiped the floor with her with the Machop I got from the Dept. Store.

The Gym Leader I hate is Clair. She's a sore loser. I cleaned her clock with my Kingdra and she's all like "You don't get my badge."

Seriously, I beat her fair and square and she acts like a complete sore loser.

The Heckler

Its just a matter of opinion
    Years
    CHUCK!!!! CHUCK!!!! I HATE CHUCK SOOOO MUCH! IT TOOK ME LIKE A WEEK TO BEAT HIM! !!!!!! ARRGGGHHH..........wow. weird spout of anger. sorry. but seriously, i hate chuck. his poliwrath was almost impossible to beat. for some reason my team ended up ultra weak to him. by the time i actually beat him i had wpied out all my medicine and my pokemon's levels were twice as high as Jasmine's when i went back to Olivine.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
    Whitney never gave me problems, to be honest. I know most people's strategy is to use the Machop you get in a trade with the guy in the Goldenrod Store, but I just raised my Pokemon to higher levels and beat her with them. It's funny, in HGSS she doesn't spam Rollout in my file, she spams Milk Drink. :P

Clair, however, was one of my least favorite battles. I'm mostly to blame because I refused to train Pokemon that might have an advantage over her dragons and although my Gyarados knows Ice Fang, she was underleveled and grinding gets annoying after a while.

Other than that, my gym battles were mostly a breeze. :T

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
    I absolutely HATE Whitney's miltank but I beat her first try with my Croconaw on soulsilver. I had no trouble with any gym leader throughout that entire game.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2010
    Whitney. I remember when I was a kid playing the original 2nd gen's how long she took to beat. I hate Miltank sooooo much

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I think everyone on some level can agree
    Whitney and her Miltank are just awful xD
    Who would have thought Normal would be such the difficult gym-type?

metalsteelix

shadow
    Years
    lt surge was very annoying.
    i hated that puzzle, and his pokemon where such .... too :c
    that is because i had an high level thundaraz (ampharos) and that doesn't have much effect.

i see much people who hate whitney, but that one was very easy for me

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    EVERYBODY hates Whitney! :P

Bugsy was a challenge for me because of his Scyther's Quick Attack knocking out my Pokemon in one or two hits...

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    None of the Gym leaders were too bad for me.

I'll agree that Whitney can be a pain, though. I tried quite a few different strategies before simply teaching Quilava Fire Blast from the Goldenron Store. Fire Blast OHKO'd Miltank easily.

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
    Years
    Morty and Whitney, they are the two most annoying, the rest are a piece of cake.

But Gengar Dream Eater just pissed me off so much, luckily I had a level 5 Togepi and 15 Awakenings >:) Also Whitney with her Milktanks Attract, GRR.

Back