• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if the Game is Completely 3D!?

Do you want Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon Omega Ruby to be 3D?

• Yes

Votes: 55 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    3D for sure. I don't care if they use the 3D switch on the 3DS but I at least want and expect 3D models like in X and Y. This is the perfect region to use the 3D models in!

After all, Game Freak spent way too much time on the 3D models to go back to the 2D ones. If anything though, I hope they don't use the graphics they used for Black and White. Those were ugly and terrible to look at.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I hate to say this but if you can read, in the trailer at the end of the trailer, at the bottom it says,"Game in 2D. Some areas playable in 3D
    Edit:
    Antemortem said:
    it would make 0 sense to wait all this time to release the RSE remakes only to have them in 2D, especially after XY has been released in mostly 3D. If they're not 3D then I'll be thoroughly unsatisfied.
    Ummm by 2D they don't mean 2D Like flat they mean no 3D Effect, the graphics will still be models.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I would want it to be in 3D, but I wouldn't want the lack of it to ruin the experience. I rarely turn on the 3d anyway, so it wouldn't bother me. They said that the game is mostly in 2D on the trailer. It was in the fine print at the end, and on the box art.

And it's definitely not going to be in pixels like the originals -- that would be stupid and wouldn't even make sense. Why have such limited graphics on hardware that can do so much more?

Well as long as they make the epic battle scene in stereoscopic 3D I'm fine with that.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    Now that I think about it, I don't think there will be too much 3D. With the 3D that was in X and Y, it lagged a bunch. Maybe they fixed it in these games?

However, I think the battles will be in 3D at least since they're main parts of the games. But I'm hoping for 3D contests. >w<b

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    3D ALL THE WAY! It is my hope to one day see all of the regions beautifully realized in full three dimensions. I kind of have a fascination those these graphics, and just love seeing them, so I really hope they will take more advantage of the 3DS' capabilities with these games than X/Y. I'm sure they will, as X/Y were really just experiments/trial test runs. And I don't really see any reason to go back to sprites on a 3DS. It just kind of contradicts the name.

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
    Years
    I would want a full 3D world if it doesn't sacrifice frame speed. I too, would also like to see 3D overworlds because that would be an amazing feeling to be immersed in that. It's way cool that we get immersed in battles via 3D. Now let's try for the environment as well :).

I'm way excited for these games! It's been a long time since I visited Hoenn last :P.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Off course , its gonna 3D !
    Game-freak won't stop it after XY .

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    That is more likely referring to the 2DS and 3DS saying like xY most of the game won't make use of the 3D feature except battles.

Which sucks. I still don't understand why the entire game can't be in stereoscopic 3D. Finding it very hard to believe that it's due to technical limitations. But if it isn't, what's the reason??

:[

Years
    Which sucks. I still don't understand why the entire game can't be in stereoscopic 3D. Finding it very hard to believe that it's due to technical limitations. But if it isn't, what's the reason??

:[

Someone said since at the time Nintendo was pushing 2DS they did it that way. Not sure.

Do new 3DS games push the 3D as much as the games from the early era? 2011-2012? I don't use 3D myself but the only game I think I played that pushed it was Kingdom Hearts 3D

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Someone said since at the time Nintendo was pushing 2DS they did it that way. Not sure.

Do new 3DS games push the 3D as much as the games from the early era? 2011-2012? I don't use 3D myself but the only game I think I played that pushed it was Kingdom Hearts 3D

As far as I know Pokémon is the only 3DS game that outright does not support 3D in more than half of the game itself. Could be wrong, though. And I don't understand the argument for pushing the 2DS as adding in more 3D support changes nothing on that front :p

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
    Models or Sprites?

For the most part we have had sprites with only X and Y having models so far. Which do you expect this game to use and which do you hope for?

Personally I'm expecting them to continue to use models since we have moved on from sprites with this generation. However, I would like it more if they went back to sprites for nostalgia purposes as well as to see how much they can improve sprites.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Models pleaseeeee. I feel like they were really pushing the limit of what they could do with sprites at the end of the DS era and now like... keep moving forward, right? Hopefully they've even improved upon what we got in XY.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I can't see any reason why they would downgrade to sprites again, now that they can do so much more with the models. So I really hope that the remakes keep the models. It would look like they gave some half-hearted attempt if they went back to using sprites, to be honest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Want them to go back into using sprites, but they probably won't; it would be a huge step backwards, haha. They're transitioning handheld Pokémon games from two-dimensional graphics to three, and using sprites definitely wouldn't help. They might utilize them here and there, but wouldn't really be surprised or anything if they don't. :P

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
    They will likely use the same models they used in X&Y, as they're already there and completed. Using sprites would be a step back, and ironically involve much more work

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
    Want them to go back into using sprites, but they probably won't; it would be a huge step backwards, haha.

Is there any reason in particular you want them to go back to using sprites? I already explained that I want them to both for nostalgia reasons and to see how they can improve on sprites but I'm curious as to why you want them since you didn't say.

Back