• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if the Game is Completely 3D!?

Do you want Pokémon Alpha Sapphire and Pokémon Omega Ruby to be 3D?

• Yes

Votes: 55 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    It's be really weird to go back to sprites, and it would probably look awful. There would also probably be some compatability issues, I would imagine, with XY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Is there any reason in particular you want them to go back to using sprites? I already explained that I want them to both for nostalgia reasons and to see how they can improve on sprites but I'm curious as to why you want them since you didn't say.

No reason, really; I just thought that they looked cuter. Plus, I'm personally more used to them. n_n;;

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Yeah, I really liked the sprite concept, although they've used it a lot too much, and now by the hardpressed new technology, I don't think Pokémon was wrong to go with models. I would really appreciate sprites because of nostalgia and rips, but it won't be anywhere as near as promoting 3D models.

Years
    They will likely use the same models they used in X&Y, as they're already there and completed. Using sprites would be a step back, and ironically involve much more work

I know in past cases for remakes they tended to redesign sprites for the Pokemon in the featured region's Pokedex (Kanto Dex for FR/LG, Johto Dex for HG/SS etc) but I think they'll probably retain the models from X and Y this time around. They already look as fine as they are.

It's be really weird to go back to sprites, and it would probably look awful. There would also probably be some compatability issues, I would imagine, with XY.

Definitely agreed with him. Going from models back to sprites would be a dumb idea given we are well and truly in the 3DS generation now. I don't like it when some things take such drastic steps backwards due to the awkwardness that would result.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
    I feel like going back to the sprites would feel weird.

I've already gotten used to the models, and think that switching it up to sprites again would be hella awkward.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Can't seem them going back to sprites when they have all the models they need in 3DS form ready to go from X/Y.

Pinta77

I couldn't imagine them using sprites. I'm a big fan of the models, so I wanna see models.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I really wanted them doing sprites but it wont be possible since we have already transitioned to models so obviously its the models we are going to :(

LiquidForce

The Upper Downer
    Years
    I think the 3D in XY was enough, but that's my opinion. It would be cool to make it full 3D for the ones who want that. But the boxarts say no..

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Case is, every generation they tend to keep a similar style with minor variations. R/S/E & FRLG recycling a lot of mechanics and music between one another, DPP being quite a similar style to HGSS, BW1 & BW2 being the exact same style (and region bleh), and so on. I don't think much will change here either. There may be more focus on the 2DS, however. The 2DS actually sold pretty well, a couple million copies is nothing to snuff at. After the 3DS being out for so long, and the 2DS actually doing quite well; I imagine that Nintendo are realising now that the 3D fad probably isn't as popular as it used to be. That said, I imagine that the style of the games will be almost the same as X&Y's. We'll see the return of 3D models, perhaps a character model redesign (like the difference between R/S/E & FRLG), a 3D world, and so on. It did well, it served its purpose in X&Y so I don't think they'll change that. Though, as I say, I imagine that they'll change the frequency of physical 3D, assuming that's what they meant in their trailer. As right now, I think this next image could be interpreted in more than one way. However, I'm pretty sure they're just confirming that their 3D game can also be played in 2D.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Haven't they basically confirmed that this will be like X/Y when the 3D effect will only be in certian areas? I never use the 3D effect at all so I won't be interested if they do remove it. Anyway it would make the game run faster.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Case is, every generation they tend to keep a similar style with minor variations. R/S/E & FRLG recycling a lot of mechanics and music between one another, DPP being quite a similar style to HGSS, BW1 & BW2 being the exact same style (and region bleh), and so on. I don't think much will change here either. There may be more focus on the 2DS, however. The 2DS actually sold pretty well, a couple million copies is nothing to snuff at. After the 3DS being out for so long, and the 2DS actually doing quite well; I imagine that Nintendo are realising now that the 3D fad probably isn't as popular as it used to be. That said, I imagine that the style of the games will be almost the same as X&Y's. We'll see the return of 3D models, perhaps a character model redesign (like the difference between R/S/E & FRLG), a 3D world, and so on. It did well, it served its purpose in X&Y so I don't think they'll change that. Though, as I say, I imagine that they'll change the frequency of physical 3D, assuming that's what they meant in their trailer. As right now, I think this next image could be interpreted in more than one way. However, I'm pretty sure they're just confirming that their 3D game can also be played in 2D.

Spoiler:

The only thing that would suggest a slight revamp in the engine would be the argument that X/Y's is relatively half-assed; it's laggy, not fully 3D in some areas, has absolutely horrible controls and a 90s UI. There's so much that could be done, even whilst trying to stick to the same gen.

Back