• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What in the PokéWorld was I doing?

Years
  • Do you remember doing something stupid/embarrassing in a Pokemon game?

As for myself, when got my first Pokemon game (Silver), I didn't know how to walk out of my house until my sister showed me that the red thing was a rug.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • ^ Haha thats awesome xD

I would firmly believe in the Anime as a "guide" for the game, so when i first played Yellow i didnt get why my Pikachu couldnt beat Brock's Onix...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I first got a hold of Pokémon Blue, I remember getting stuck onto the exact, same part as Aeroblast. To finally get out of my house, it's taken me one, whole hour. xD;; Anyway, aside from this, I also used to think that whenever my Pokémon got poisoned and the screen started flashing, the battery's powers were low and needed to be replaced. Due to that, I wound up wasting ton of good batteries.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    When I first played generation 2, I was unable to find the exit of the Victory Road... turns out I was walking left and right 3 tiles below the exit and didn't see it for a good 20 minutes....

Years
  • One time when I was playing Black, I was on Route 18 and my Serperior was battling a Hiker's Boldore. I got him to 1 HP because of Sturdy, and I didn't see the caught symbol next to it. I had the volume off so I didn't realize it was a trainer's Pokémon. I threw an Ultra Ball, and I was like, "what the...?!" when it said the trainer blocked the ball. Ow. xD

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I spent a good day trying to figure out how to awaken the old man passed out in Viridian City. Did not realize that I needed to go to the PokeMart at all.

RemixinROMulus

Crit happens...
    Years
  • Probably my most embarassing moment was in Emerald. I was training my Shedinja and I decided to teach it Substitute. I was thinking, "This is awesome! Wonder Guard + Substitue!". I then saved the game and went into a battle to try the move. "But it was too weak to make a substitute!" I had the biggest facepalm ever, not believing I could've done something so stupid. I guess I just had a brain fart that day.

And it's pretty ridiculous that the game even allows you to do that. The only way you can ever get Substitute from a Shedinja is if another Pokemon transforms into it and uses the move.

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • Using an Air Balloon on Rotom-W.

Yeah.

Though, when I saw a video of someone Flinging an Air Balloon, I felt a little better.

Years
  • I once got lost in Eterna Forest on my first run of Pearl. It took me hours, even days just to find the goddamned exit.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • If I remember correctly, I tried to use the move "DIG" with the itemfinder, I thought that once you find an item, you need to use a pokemon with dig to get it.

Never figured out that you just need to press A.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I spent a good day trying to figure out how to awaken the old man passed out in Viridian City. Did not realize that I needed to go to the PokeMart at all.

That was basically me. Couldn't get past Viridian for a whole day or two.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I once got lost in Eterna Forest on my first run of Pearl. It took me hours, even days just to find the goddamned exit.
    That reminds me of the weekend that I spent 9 hours looking thoroughly for Feebas in Diamond, only to realize I was in the wrong lake cave entirely. .-.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • There were two times in Red/Blue that I got stuck to the point of looking up a guide on the Internet. The old man in Viridian City, and the gatehouses into Saffron city. XD

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Growing up, I had the same problem as a lot of people: Letting my starter get most of the XP. I balanced out my team a bit better by the time Gold came out, but I didn't distribute XP evenly til Platinum.

I also got stuck on Mt. Moon during my first playthrough of Blue, granted I was 5 at the time. To be fair, that was the most annoying early-game cave in the series, and repels weren't accessible.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Before Emerald, I played Leafgreen, and I was so stupid back then. xD; When I beat Brock, I was so confused on why wouldn't he go travel with me. I then realized that I have to find Misty to make both Brock and Misty be able to follow with me. I didn't even know why wasn't Misty over at Route 1 fishing or something? And why didn't I get a Pikachu?

Haha, I guess you could say that I thought the games were 100% based of the anime. :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2020
    My first playthrough of Pokemon Sapphire.

Route 110. I almost ended my game there. Having played only Red and Blue before Sapphire I never realised that u can actually go UNDER the cycling road XD

Years
  • For all of you saying you couldn't get out of the house. Let me top that.
    Pokemon emerald. I spent more then too much time trying to figure out how to get out of the starting truck, not to mention I had no idea it was a truck, AND, NOT TO MENTION, that I kept freaking out during the first part of the truck ride where it was shaking, and I thought game was glitched since you couldn't move.

Another one. Pokemon Sapphire or Emerald on my pc. Yay, I beat the game, yay I beat Elite Four, yay, credits, yay, let me save the game on ALL 12 EFFING SLOTS, yay lets continue...game file is corrupted....yay.
    I didnt know it wouldn't load, so I saved on all possible slots, and lost the whole game :L

:D

Back