• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Internet browser do you use?

Which Internet Broweser is better?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 90 62.9%
  • Google Chrome

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Safari

Votes: 16 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    I use and recommend Firefox (and the no-script plug-in as a minimum)

I also have used most of the top browsers for testing purposes..
    I have the popular Aero Fox. There are some more good add-ons like NASA Night Launch, Noia 2.0 (eXtreme), Vista-aero, ACE Safari Foxdie, myFireFox, RedShift V3 and PitchDark. As for the no-sctipt plug-in, I always leave that on minimum.

Safari 4 Beta
    Much less laggy than its predecessors and I love it.
    Meh, I don't get tested software, I just wait patiently until the real version of software releases out.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    I just use Adblock Plus, No Script annoys me a little bit.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I use Opera. Lol, I tried all the free browsers there are to see which one is the fastest. x3

Years
    Firefox here... bad experiences with some browsers *cough*Safari*cough*...
    IE 7 is solid, but is lacking in its update frequency, leaving you very vulnerable if you tend to have risky browsing habits.
    Safari is very, very, very buggy, at least the one I can download for my computer.
    Netscape Navigator is no longer supported.
    Never tried Opera, because I assumed it had a price tag on it...
    Also, Google Chrome is lacking in some regards...

Years
    I use Opera. Lol, I tried all the free browsers there are to see which one is the fastest. x3
    This. I used to use IE, since it started up faster than Firefox, and at the time the differences in regular browsing speed wasn't big enough for me to change, so I stuck with it. Then IE started slowing down, and I wanted to try the alternatives. So I tried Safari and Opera, and gave Firefox an actual chance, and Opera started up fastest and felt more comfortable, so I stuck with it.

And now that I'm used to it and all the great features it has -- Speed Dial, Mouse Gestures, Notes, etc -- I don't think I'll ever change.

Firefox never really appealed to me. Without add-ons/plugins/extentions/whatever, it isn't anything special. And then after I got all these "amazing" add-ons, they slowed it down. It also has a bunch of little things that bug me. I don't like how it automatically hides the tab bar when there's only one tab. I now know there's an option that changes that, but at the time I didn't. It made it hard to open a blank tab. One TINY thing that ANNOYS ME SO MUCH is a scrolling problem. When you middle click to scroll faster/easier/etc, on most other browsers I've tried, when you get to where you are, you can simply scroll up or down slightly, and it will take it out of the fast scroll mode, or whatever you call that. But in Firefox, it doesn't. You have to click AGAIN to take it out of fast scroll mode. I know, it sounds stupid, but I can't stand it. It makes me insane.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Right now I'm using Firefox.
    I used to use IE due to my parents not wanting to get a new browser, but I've noticed it getting progressively slower, so I got Firefox.
    Opera is also used on occasions, but the other browsers I haven't bothered using yet.

Years
    One TINY thing that ANNOYS ME SO MUCH is a scrolling problem. When you middle click to scroll faster/easier/etc, on most other browsers I've tried, when you get to where you are, you can simply scroll up or down slightly, and it will take it out of the fast scroll mode, or whatever you call that. But in Firefox, it doesn't. You have to click AGAIN to take it out of fast scroll mode. I know, it sounds stupid, but I can't stand it. It makes me insane.

This problem (if it can be called one) doesn't exist in version 3.0.

UltraBlaziken

Cyber Trainer
    Years
    I used Firefox before, but I saw on a forum (will not say which) a TON of good comments about Google Chrome. I downloaded it to try it, and I ran it. I was very impressed by its very fast startup speed. Also, it is VERY EASY to use, its logo is cool and original, it is very fast (it played a flash game at 50 FPS!) and it has some little details that make it awesome (I sometimes get tired of having to go through a menu in Firefox to open a tab, in Google Chrome, I just click the "+" button next to the right-most tab and I get a new tab opened!) This browser made me like "OMG! This is so fast and easy to use!"

I now 99% of the time use Chrome, and I only use Firefox for things that aren't compatible with Chrome.

I am not trying to advertise Google Chrome, but I recommend you trying it (it's now out of beta phase, I think.)

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I use Safari 4. I cannot think of any other browser that even comes close in my book. I do however have Camino as a back up browser for now, until firefox gets off their bums and finally integrates the Mac OS X gestures into the Mac version I really won't use it.

Years
    The version I currently have on my computer is 3.0.8, and it's still there. :\

You must not do it the way I do it, then (I also have 3.0.8). I hold the mouse wheel down when I do it, and release when I'm done. It disappears at that. IE 7 doesn't go out of fast-scroll mode either, if you just click the mouse wheel instead of holding it. Same thing with version of Opera I've just tried (I have the newest one up for download online). From my experience, all three are identical in this regard.;)

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Everyone tells me not to, but I use IE. Purely because I've always used it, and never actually had any problems with it. o_o;

And because it was already there on the desktop when I bought my laptop, and I can't be bothered to download another browser.

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Internet Explorer 8, by far, has proven to me a much easier interface, much easier navigation, quicker, more secure, and more genuine. It is the only browser for me that works entirely with almost every site out there -- the only sites I have issues with are Mibbit (which I rarely use) and Facebook. Firefox has given me issues with MySpace, etc. and IE is the ONLY browser that will work for me with WYSIWYG. Also please tell me where everyone is getting that Firefox is so sleek fast n' sexy... FF2 was slower than IE6 and FF3 is hardly faster than IE7... much less IE8.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Internet Explorer 8, by far, has proven to me a much easier interface, much easier navigation, quicker, more secure, and more genuine. It is the only browser for me that works entirely with almost every site out there -- the only sites I have issues with are Mibbit (which I rarely use) and Facebook. Firefox has given me issues with MySpace, etc. and IE is the ONLY browser that will work for me with WYSIWYG. Also please tell me where everyone is getting that Firefox is so sleek fast n' sexy... FF2 was slower than IE6 and FF3 is hardly faster than IE7... much less IE8.
    FF3.1 beta is the fastest browser currently available; I've tested it personally against IE7, IE8, Opera 9, Opera 10 alpha build, Safari 3, Safari 4 beta, Google Chrome, and Google Chrome beta. The only one that comes close is the Google Chrome beta build, which is about even with FF3.1 in terms of speed.

As for security, IE is inherently easier to exploit for the simple reason that it allows ActiveX to run in the browser, a redundant technology that's very easy to abuse (redundant because anything it can do can be accomplished through other, more secure means).

If you prefer IE's interface, just use the Vista-aero skin and enable "Always show tabs menu" in the tabs section of the options; it'll look identical to IE.

If you run across a page that won't work in Firefox but does in IE, just use IE tab to view it. Know, however, that it isn't because Firefox is poorly designed that it can't display these pages, it's because the pages are poorly designed and don't conform to the W3 specifications. Many pages are designed to run on IE's flawed rendering engine (which, I concede, is significantly less flawed in IE8 than previous versions) instead of designed according to proper specifications, and thus will behave erratically on any browser except IE.

As for more "genuine," I have no clue what that's supposed to mean. If you mean it uses Windows "Genuine" technology, that's just marketing jargon that doesn't mean anything, other than Microsoft is associated with the program.

Everyone tells me not to, but I use IE. Purely because I've always used it, and never actually had any problems with it. o_o;

And because it was already there on the desktop when I bought my laptop, and I can't be bothered to download another browser.

This is an example of Microsoft abusing their power as an operating system vendor to reduce competition. This practice is being investigated in the EU, and if Microsoft is found guilty (which they have been multiple times for related charges), they could face huge fines and be forced to, for example, allow users to download a different browser upon Windows installation.

Last edited:

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    Don't worry, the IE marketing is 3x more than Firefox.

The Red Chain

I use Mozilla Firefox. The only browsers I have used other than Firefox are Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
    I like Google Chrome, but it's so blood boiling.. the speed is just awful on my computer.
    Internet Explorer.. half-work pop up blocker = Fail.

Last edited:
    Back