• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is outside the universe?

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    if you go on outside theres nothing then when you start seeing a light its the same universes so basically you go around in circles

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Andromeda, Planets, Moons, Stars, Asteroids, other Galaxies, Chunks of Tiny Rocks, Black Holes, Chemicals, Gasses, Air, and Compounds...

Too many to think of actually... :D

Years
    A wall. A white freaking wall, with your other selves on the other side of it.

Kidding aside, who knows? Not like most people are gonna fly that far to find out. IDK.

Years
    Well there is a simple answer to this: Nothing.
    [font=Times new roman"]The answer might be simple to you. But you can not prove that. No one can prove it.

You could argue that there is nothing because this is it.
    How do you know?
    That might be your opinion, but that is all it is!

Nothing is "simple" when it comes to the unknown.
    [/font]

Years
    That's only because we don't, in the simple sense of the word, know.

If I took a ship to find the outside of the universe, I wouldn't live to tell about it. Space is too damn vast to find out. Besides, just because people don't live through black holes, doesn't mean they die right then and there.
    (Well, to ME anyway IMO.)

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    Why do threads like these go on even after the question has been answered?

The nature of the universe has already been determined through metaphysics and dimensional analysis. The best place to get all this information in one place is Hawking's books and theories on space-time (the surface of the aforementioned hypersphere).

If Hawking isn't for you, there is a fiction book, "The Boy Who Reversed Himself", that is surprisingly accurate in its references to multiple dimensions (spatially, not regarding "4-space monsters").

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Here's what I believe, there's some scientific evidence to prove it, but I can't exactly cite where it comes from.. The universe despite popular belief isn't infinite, it does have an edge, and it's ever expanding. So as the first post said it's pretty much one "universe" and another, and another. If somehow you were to step off that edge you wouldn't exist because the concept of existance, well, hadn't reached that place yet. On a slightly off topic tangent, some say that the universe will expand so much, that like a rubber band, when you stretch it too much it will snap into nothing very quickly... But quickly is more than millions of years so no worries.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    You people are basically trying to give an answer to "What is on the outside of everything in existance?"

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    You people are basically trying to give an answer to "What is on the outside of everything in existance?"
    That's assuming we are the only universe. When you assume we aren't, well, welcome to the multiverse theory.

I believe there is either:

Black nothingness. There would not be white. In order for there to be white, you need light. If it is a big batch of nothingness, there is no light. Therefore, black.

or..

More 'uni'verses surrounded by black nothingness. Or surrounded by dark matter.

or..

Just a huge pile of dark matter.

The Scientist

PKMN Scientist/Mathemagician
    Years
    This is still going on? Seriously? The original question was "quantitative" (could be answered in a single fact) as opposed to "qualitative" (answers are based on opinion and perception). To ignore the answer after it has been given is choosing to be ignorant.

Why would you choose to be ignorant?

Back