• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is outside the universe?

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
    nasa aready knows whats out there it just more universes...the only way to get to them is a worm hole...
    Actual, I've been working on a theory based on this idea, but it's probaly for likely a black hole which leads out into a whitehole which spuses out matter into the next universe; not a wormhole, HUGE Difference... but I'm glad to see the average joe taking an interest in this.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    To everyone who said that the Universe is infinite, or something along those lines, I don't think that's entirely true, because at least how I see it nothing is truly infinite. As I said in my post before, the universe has an edge, it's just ever expanding... goes so far that some people consider it infinite.

It has an edge that we can't reach it, but it has a limit to it's size.
    Yes, that's the right idea Rigel, though I guess it's the right idea in my mind, though it has some scientific evidence to prove it everybody has their own opinion and theories, who knows if any of `em are right.. there could be a giant Mudkip outside the universe that recites internet memes. You never know.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Well there really isn't any hard evidence of what exists outside the universe, only mathematical formulas. Not even Stephen Hawking would say that he was sure without a doubt that his theories--more like hypotheses--were actually true. Other theories like evolution and gravity have loads of data, experiments, and evidence to back them up. Any theories about the origin of the universe or what is outside the universe don't even come close. However, I think it's only a matter of time before we discover the answer to these questions.

Just so you guys know, you could not take a three-dimensional ship to the edge of the universe. Don't think of the universe as a sphere, but more like the surface of a sphere (albeit a hyper-dimensional one).

This is still going on? Seriously? The original question was "quantitative" (could be answered in a single fact) as opposed to "qualitative" (answers are based on opinion and perception). To ignore the answer after it has been given is choosing to be ignorant.

Why would you choose to be ignorant?

Conversely, stating that you know something for a fact that you cannot prove is ignorant. Trust me, if scientists had discovered what was outside the universe, they would at least make a NOVA show about it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Drake Byron says (11:55 PM):
    but propper awnser: more universe
    Rolo Zastava says (11:57 PM):
    i say nothing else how can it still be expanding
    but then i don't believe it is expanding either
    answer is cake
    Drake Byron says (11:59 PM):
    funnily enough, the univierse is too big to even need to know whats past it
    Drake Byron says (11:59 PM):