• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is the most challenging aspect of B/W for you?

coolnick37

Absolute Power
Years
  • >< lvling up my pokes, i never train them so when i arrive to a gym im always 1-3 lvls under :(
    And the gym leaders seem to be much stronger then in the previous games, i acctually feel like having to use some strategy. :D it is much more challenging and i luv it

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • For me the most challenging thing is training atm...somehow it's much harder to train in B/W than in any other generation... The levelings which where missing in G/S/C/HG/SS are now in B/W...I mean in no other generation, the levels of both, wild pokemon and trainers pokemon raised that fast. So you need to train quite a lot to keep on track... I've played around 20h now and have 5 badges and my pokes are around 34 - 38 :D

Also is it just me or are there less trainers on the routes than normal? I mostly train in the darker green grass as there are to less trainers where you can train optimally and in the dark green grass, you'll encouter stronger pokémon and sometimes 2 so you can raise a weaker one with a stronger one in slot 2 :D

Esmas

General
    Years
  • The battles are a lot harder for me :/ My lvl 22 Chaobuu almost fainted to a lvl 14 Otamaru... yeah, I know :S And I actually lost to the first Gym Leader once, and some of the trainers inside the Gym. I HATE Bide >:

Years
  • Leveling was easy and the gym leaders/elite 4 were even easier, hardest thing was to find out the move names/item names/pokemon names/city names/gymleader names. obtaining the Liberty Ticket and using it, took me 2 hours Q_Q

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2011
    waiting for the European release it takes even longer than the American release because the censors are stricter here.Its gonna be a llllllooooooooooonnnnnnnggggggg wait.
    but the new ranger games are going to keep me busy when i get them which i gonna take a while :(

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
  • And I'm so slow the "understanding Japanese" would only get me a "fail".

So I'm going to say the difficultly of grinding in this game. I love grinding. I really do, but something seems "off" in B/W. Like the experience is lower than what is to be expected from defeating enemies at the level I'm fighting. It just makes leveling up and grinding more like work to me, and that in turn makes the game itself challenging because I can't match my opponents' levels.
    i seem to have the same problem... and i noticed that in double battles if your pokemon are not the same level, their experience gain is different. It's pretty frustrating since im trying to use the double-battle grass to train two of my pokes

Alyssachu

Trainer in training! ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    The most challenging aspect for me is...waiting for it to come out in America. XD

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
  • Having to adapt to a new world with different Pokémon and different enviornment, climate, and culture

My mind can't handle so much essences of pure awesome-ness in such short notice.

Honus

exploding with sloppy murders
    Years

• Same here >_<. Also I have a question to those who have played it, what would you rate it in the Difficulty level?

On a scale from 1 to 10 I'd probably put it around a 6 or 7 which is actually pretty high-ish for a Pokemon game. There aren't a lot of filler Pokemon with terrible stats and movepools so everything seems a little more balanced (harder).

As for the most challenging aspect, for me that would probably be putting the game down. Black/White has easily become my favorite generation of games. I just want to see the rest of Isshu and see how these new Pokemon do in battle, etc.

Last edited:

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Waiting for the games to come out in Europe >.>
    Also; enjoying the fact that people are saying the games have a more 'difficult factor' will make the game more interesting to play, atleast!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    For me it has the be the change in levelling up, I like it, but when you want to run through and just see the game, its annoying, proper release will be good though :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • New Reigon, Different language = getting lost all the time, not knowing where to go or what to do next :(. Can't wait till I get the English version though! :).

JMS

The cake was a lie.
    Years
  • That electric flying squirrel that trainers like to spam Double Team with. -_-

Also getting through the first true cave you run into was very tedious. I must have encountered a wild pokemon at least every 3 steps.

Same here >_<. Also I have a question to those who have played it, what would you rate it in the Difficulty level?

8.5/10. You really gotta train your butt off 5x more compared to the previous gen.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Ha, I don't have any problems with Japanese with help of kanji ~

The hardest part of me is that all the Pokemon are different though. It was quite hard figuring out some of those types when you're pitting your Pokemon against a new Pokemon. Usually gets me pwned that way.

Also the fact that I will never see N in my game after that final battle. I'm going to go slowly, translate whatever he says, and savour every moment of his appearances yo <3

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I don't know the typing / movepools of the new pokemon. It makes battling difficult. Also, I need to check the computer everytime something wants to learn a new move, because I have no idea what it is. Not understanding what the items are that I pick up makes me think I may have something very useful that I don't know about, which is frustrating.

Overall, most issues stem from the language barrier. It's frustrating not understanding the storyline, because it seems Nintendo have gone into great depth this time around. I suppose this play through will be a familiarisation for myself before the english release.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Same here >_<. Also I have a question to those who have played it, what would you rate it in the Difficulty level?

Well, so far i've only got 3 badges however, I have had alot of trouble so far especially with the Gyms, took me several times to beat the 1st Gym, took me around 3/4/5 try's to beat 2nd Gym and about 3/4 times to defeat the 3rd Gym, also training and leveling up is quite difficult so overall currently i'd rate the difficulty

8/10

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • ^ How can you rate a pokemon game in difficulty? The difficulty depends on the time you spend. If you rush through the game not challenging the trainers you don't need to, the trainers you DO need to battle will be harder. If you take your time challenging each trainer to gain experience, and levelling a team equally, then it becomes infinitely easier.

Difficulty = Time spent, same as all pokemon games.

Years
  • Difficulty = Time spent, same as all pokemon games.
    Inversely, if you spend more time levelling up, the other trainers are easier.

To be fair, certain things are harder, like the experience bottlenecks at certain points in games (yes RSE's Norman, I am looking at you) tend to make things harder.

Anyway, how's it been, mate?

Back