• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the rarest card you own?

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • Don't really know what my rarest card is, but I'll list some of the ones I think are rare:

Mew* delta, Shining Raichu, Shining Charizard, Imakuni?'s Doduo, Dance Neo* Imakuni?, Ooyama's Pikachu, Hama-chan's Slowking, Mewtwo Strikes Back (Jumbo), Pikachu-Clefairy-&-Jigglypuff (aka Jiggly Jumbo), Surfing Pikachu (reprint), Mew with Bubbles, Lilypad Mew...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2010
    I own a lot of rares after buying seperate my rarest are, flying pikachu german, (Mew players ex, celebi players ex) very rare and mewtwo ex

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Don't really know what my rarest card is, but I'll list some of the ones I think are rare:

Mew* delta, Shining Raichu, Shining Charizard, Imakuni?'s Doduo, Dance Neo* Imakuni?, Ooyama's Pikachu, Hama-chan's Slowking, Mewtwo Strikes Back (Jumbo), Pikachu-Clefairy-&-Jigglypuff (aka Jiggly Jumbo), Surfing Pikachu (reprint), Mew with Bubbles, Lilypad Mew...

Nice, Ooyama's Pikachu! That's a vending machine series card, as is the Imakuni, how'd you get it? I'm working on my vending machine sets but it's tough, you can basically only find them on ebay and they aren't cheap. Dance!Neo*Imakuni? is something I NEVER see, that's quite impressive!

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • I like to collect cards not battle with them and so far here are my rare ones:
    (I don't know if they are rare but oh well)

1. Shiny Charizard
    2. Kyogre EX
    3. Jirachi from the movie

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Holographic Charizard from the original Pokemon set
    Holographic Shining Tyranitar
    Holographic Dark Raichu (Rocket set)
    Holographic Shining Magikarp

I have the entire original Pokemon base set rares in holographic and non-holographic versions, perfect condition.

I also have the Johto starters and their evolutions in holographic form, Japanese, in the original packaging.

I also have all of the original Promos, including Mewtwo, Dragonite, Mew, Ancient Mew, and Dark Persian Promo.

Latios and Latias from the movie; Jirachi; etc.

I've others as well, but I'm too lazy to root through my storage to find the binder.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    I have the entire original Pokemon base set rares in holographic and non-holographic versions, perfect condition.
    I don't think there were non-holo editions of the holos in base set. :/

Rettan

~Oddish_Smoker~
    Years
  • My Shining Mewtwo (Neo Destiny)
    Southern Islands collection
    My Team Rocket´s Mewtwo (Gym Challenge)
    Regice (I think its EX Sandstorm)

Idk what other :P

Daanvv

Card collecter
    Years
  • Top half is a little rarer and worth more at the moment. :\ Between the people at my league, I think we've gotten 8 bottom halves and three top halves since the set has come out, most coming in the last couple weeks. I actually have two of the bottom half, and none of the top half.

Anyways, I think my candidates for my true rarest card are:

Machamp (base set)
    Pidgeot (Jungle holo)
    Kangaskhan (Jungle holo)
    Mr. Mime (Jungle)
    Hitmonchan (base set)
    Gyarados (Base Set)
    Charizard (base set)
    Victreebel (Jungle holo)

Are those rare? I think the Gym cards are far and far more rare, there aren't much gym cards nowadays, and the base machamp was in a deck!

This is true. Holofoil rares were one set of cards, and a different set of cards were the rares, at least in the Base Set.

I like this, Bush/Fossil and rocket have the same cards holofoil and rares

Last edited:
    Years
  • Are those rare? I think the Gym cards are far and far more rare, there aren't much gym cards nowadays, and the base machamp was in a deck!

I like this, Bush/Fossil and rocket have the same cards holofoil and rares

They are fairly rare when you consider that many of the original collectors were kids whose parents probably threw out the cards when they lost interest, and the fact that they aren't in print anymore. I also have a pretty even distribution of rares from the Gym sets and the Base Set, with most of the Gym set rare being from Gym Heroes.

And most modern sets have a separate group of rares and holofoil rares now.

Daanvv

Card collecter
    Years
  • They are fairly rare when you consider that many of the original collectors were kids whose parents probably threw out the cards when they lost interest, and the fact that they aren't in print anymore. I also have a pretty even distribution of rares from the Gym sets and the Base Set, with most of the Gym set rare being from Gym Heroes.

And most modern sets have a separate group of rares and holofoil rares now.

Thats true, do you guys know if a fereligatr neo genesis first edetion is rare? ( check my post thread)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Nice, Ooyama's Pikachu! That's a vending machine series card, as is the Imakuni, how'd you get it? I'm working on my vending machine sets but it's tough, you can basically only find them on ebay and they aren't cheap. Dance!Neo*Imakuni? is something I NEVER see, that's quite impressive!

Ebay. A collector's dad bought his son a buch of cards for Christmas a couple years ago (I think) and sold back the ones his son already had. He sold them for about half the original price, cutting it down to about $30 instead of the usual $75. The Imakuni?'s Doduo actually isn't from the Vending Series set, as it's from the Gym expansion. I got it for around $25. DanceNeo*Imakuni? was included with a Japanese CD I bought.

gugtup

Master Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2010
    What is the rarest Pokemon card you have/have had.

Just post what the rarest pokemon card you have/ever had.

mine...

Probably the Empoleon level X with the mistake. It's worth about $400

Years
  • I have a hard time believing that a misprinted Empoleon Lv. X is worth $400. :\

My rarest card that I have ever had/still have may have to be... not a clue, actually. A lot of my cards are pretty common or have no collector's value... could be the Expedition reverse holofoil Vileplume I have, though, because it's the reverse foil of the holofoil version of the card.

Back