• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite opening and ending of any anime

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
The sailor moon ending(English)-why? I love the animation thing with Usagi and the shortened song.
Final Fantasy VII:Advent Children starting-It just creates some suspense at the start with those creatures(or Red XIII)

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Since everyone's named the obvious good openings I'll just name some dub openings.

Dragonball Z - DBZ Theme (Bruce Falconer one. The one on Toonami.)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds - Hyperdrive
Yu Yu Hakusho - Smile Bomb

Mr.Kirby

off the wall
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 13, 2009
My favorite anime opening would have to be the one for Lucky Star, it's called "Motteke! Sara Fuku!" I think. xD /can't remember. It's just so catchy and cute.

As for endings, I don't really have a favorite anime ending song. '~'

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I couldn't pick just one. I'm also probably missing lots. :(

OPs:
→ Sakura Saku (Love Hina)
→ Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (...)
→ Naraku no Hana (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai)
→ Karma (Tales of the Abyss)
→ Catch You Catch Me (Cardcaptor Sakura)
→ Platina (Cardcaptor Sakura)
→ Scarlet (Ayashi no Ceres)
→ Silky Heart (Toradora)
→ Voice (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)
→ Warriors (Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters)

EDs:
→ Cyclone (Romeo×Juliet)
→ Don't Say Lazy (K-ON)
→ One More Chance (5cm Per Second)
→ Vanilla Salt (Toradora)

megahaosguy

Populi Dux
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
My favorite opening would be Shakugan no Shana OP 2 - Being
I can't think of a ending

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 15, 2015
This is going to take quite a while.

Favourite Openings (abridged, in no particular order)
  • Access - Hitomi no Tsubasa [Code Geass, episodes 24-25]
  • Aya Hirano - Bouken Desho Desho? [The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya]
  • Aya Hirano, Emiri Kato, Kaori Fukuhara, and Aya Endo - Motteke! Sailor Fuku [Lucky Star]
  • Flow - Colors [Code Geass OP1]
  • Flow - Days [Eureka Seven OP1]
  • Hitomi Takahashi - Aozora no Namida [Blood+ OP1]
  • Jinn - Kaidoku Funou [Code Geass OP2]
  • Mami Kawada - Hishoku no Sora [Shakugan no Shana 1st season OP1]
  • Mami Kawada - Joint [Shakugan no Shana 2nd season OP1]
  • Maximum the Hormone - What's up, people?! [Death Note OP2]
  • Mell - Red Fraction [Black Lagoon]
  • Nami Tamaki - Believe [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED OP3]
  • Nami Tamaki - Realize [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED OP4]
  • Nirgilis - Sakura [Eureka Seven OP4]
  • Origa - Inner Universe [Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex]
  • Origa - Rise [Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG]
  • Sachi Tainaka - Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni [Fate/stay night OP2]
  • Shoko Nakagawa - Sorairo Days [Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann]
  • The Brilliant Green - Ash Like Snow [Mobile Suit Gundam 00 1st season OP2]
  • The Seatbelts - Tank! [Cowboy Bebop]

Favourite Endings (abridged, in no particular order)
  • Aya Hirano, Minori Chihara, and Yuko Goto - Hare Hare Yukai [The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya]
  • Azami Izawa - Fly Away [Eureka Seven ED2]
  • Halcali - Tip Taps Tip [Eureka Seven ED3]
  • Ilaria Graziano - Christmas in the Silent Forest [Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG, episode 26]
  • Jyukai - Anata ga Ina Mori [Fate/stay night]
  • Mai Yamane - The Real Folk Blues [Cowboy Bebop]
  • Mami Kawada - Triangle [Shakugan no Shana 2nd season ED1]
  • Maximum the Hormone - Zetsubou Billy [Death Note ED2]
  • Mika Nakashima - FIND THE WAY [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ED3]
  • Scott Matthew - Lithium Flower [Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex]
  • See-Saw - Anna ni Issho Datta no ni [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ED1]
  • Steve Conte - Living Inside the Shell [Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG]
  • Tatsuya Ishii - RIVER [Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ED2]
  • The Pillows - Ride on Shooting Star [FLCL]
  • Yoko Ishida - Aka no Seijaku [Shakugan no Shana 1st season ED2]

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
My favorite openings are Higurashi no naku koro ni from the anime, Naraku no hana from higurashi no naku koro ni kai, season two, O2 from code geass, the first death note opening, fighting dreamers, naruto.

For endings, the only one I really like is the death note ending theme

Cloche

エスパーレディ
Years
. : : . Openings . : : .
Kiseki no Kane - Sakura Taisen, The Movie ~ Not only is it beautifully animated, but the song just is amazinly performed, and one of my all around favorites.
Ar Tonelico ~ Melody Of Metafaica For a game opening, it is beautifully sung.

. : : . Closings . : : .
Glaring Dream ~ Gravitation/Kotani Kinya ~ The Gravitation ending theme just explains my life in a nutshel, and I've always loved his work.
Redemption ~ Gackt ~ FFVII : Doc ~ I just love Gackt, and the worlds pertain to my life. I love it!
Koe - Fatal Frame Beautiful vocals, I can listen to it over and over agian without getting tired of it.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
This is a brief, rough sketch of my fave opening and endings. ORDER: (song title - artist {anime} [notes]) Question marks indicate uncertainty of title/name/artist:

OPENINGS:

• GO!!!/Fighting Dreamers - FLOW (Naruto) [FAVORITE ALL-TIME OPENING!!! :knockedou]
  • RISE! - ?????? (Naruto) [used as opening theme for the first 2 seasons of U.S. dub only]
  • ROCKS - Hound Dog (Naruto)
  • Haruka Kanata - Asian Kung Fu Generation (Naruto)
  • Seishun Kyosoroku? - ?????? (Naruto) [5th American opening; title translates to Rhapsody of Youth]
  • Digimon Theme - ??????? (Digimon Adventure 01-02, DigimonTamers) [so addicting! :)]
  • Digimon Theme Season 4 - ??????? (Digimon Frontier)
  • DigiRap - ???????(Digimon: The Movie) [nice "remix", despite lyrics]
  • Ready, Set, Go! - L'Arc~Ciel (Full Metal Alchemist) [1st U.S. theme of FMA]
  • Change The World ?????? - (InuYasha) [1st Opening]
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! Theme - ?????? (Yu-Gi-Oh!) [opening of the majority of YGO episodes in U.S.]
  • Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Theme - ????? (Yu-Gi-Oh! GX) [used for all of YGO GX seasons in U.S.]
  • We Ride To Survive - ????? (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds) [runner-up theme in 4Kids online poll. SHould've won!]
  • HyperDrive - ????? (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds) [sadly, winning theme in 4Kids online poll; should've been ending theme instead! Argh! :cer_pissed: At least worse songs weren't chosen]
  • Make Me Wild Like You? - (Ranma 1/2) [I think 1st Season theme, where characters are running in place during the opening]
  • AzuManga Daioh Theme? - ?????? (Azumanga Daioh) [theme used on U.S. DVD releases of episodes]
  • Air Gear Theme? - (Air Gear) [theme used on U.S. episodes of anime]
  • RAVE-O-LUTION - ?????? (Rave Master) [theme used on U.S. episodes of anime]
  • One Piece Rap - 4Kids (One Piece) [*holds up shield* Hey, it was catchy, OK? I hate 4Kids crappy dub edits, too!]
  • Sonic X Theme - 4Kids (Sonic X) [*holds up shield again* This was catchy, too! Sorry!]
  • Hikari E (English Version) - ????? (One Piece) [Vic Micgnogna? (FMA - Edward Elric's voice) can sing!]
  • Season 1 Bleach Theme - (Bleach) [used for 1st Season of Bleach]
  • Currently all Pokemon themes except DPGB's; see below for reason - 4Kids, Pokemon USA (Pokemon)
*[Except DPGB's theme, all Pokemon themes have been awesome! Especially the original theme, the remix of the original theme, and the first 3 Advanced Generation themes! For a more comprehensive list, search Bulbapedia. You'll get to them eventually! ;)]
ENDINGS

• PokeRap, Pokemon JukeBox Songs - ????? (Pokemon) [JukeBox was fun to sing along to; the PokeRap is simply classic, catchy, and cool]
  • Come - ?????? (InuYasha) [Season 4's Ending Theme, I think]
  • Season 1 Ending/EPISODE #167'S Ending? - ?????? (InuYasha) [I think it's used as 1st season's ending; used for the ending of the anime's last episode. Features Kagome riding a train and Sango wading in water during the opening]
  • Remix no Jutsu* - Starlight Studios' remix (Naruto) - [not an actual ending, but was derived from an actual ending of Naruto. Depicts Naruto as a child, I think. I like both the actual ending and its remix]
  • The Power of One - ?????? (Pokemon The Movie 2000: The Power of One) [used as ending to 2nd Pokemon movie with Lugia; sounds similar to ocarina song Melody plays that is used to awaken Lugia]
  • Raspberry Heaven - ?????? - (Azumanga Daioh) [opening looks so funny!]

Other Notes:
1. There was another ending theme I liked in Naruto; I think it was by Orange Crew. Had army-like chanting/marching.
2. Digimon Season 5's Opening Theme, called Never Surrender, is okay, I guess, though it destroyed the awesome song streak the Digimon anime had.
3. I'm slowly warming to Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles's theme tune, but I still think the clips/scenes used are horrible, for the most part (should've used many of High Touch!'s scenes from DPGB's opening theme of Japan). First time that I've had to question a Pokemon theme's likability! :o (And currently, the U.S. DPGB Theme has THE WORST ending for an anime song I've ever heard! You don't bring in Pokemon just to randomly screech their names and pose while ruining the ending! Sheesh!)

This is all I can briefly remember for now. I might touch up on the list later. Really sorry for all the uncertainty (the question marks)!; I'm kind of in a rush right now...! :nervous:

toyaki

the lengendary swordman
Years
My favorite opening is shijou saikyon no deshi Kenichi opening 2(sorry i didn't found the name of the this op) and the ending will by hmm soul eater - STRENGTH (its the 4)

Ozzy

Banned
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Opening - D. Gray man, "Gekidou" The beginning is awesome.

Ending - Not Sure but Probably Kanon's first ending, I love it.

Back