• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite Photo editing program?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2011
    MS paint comes in handy for simple tasks (cropping, etc.)

But what I really like is Gimp 2.4. It's free and I used it to make my avatar.

Guest123_x1

I use GIMP for my photo editing tasks. Although not quite as powerful as Photoshop (which I never have used), I use it because it's free, and most of what I do with photos (usually color correction, contrast/levels-enhancement/correction, sharpness, cropping and resizing) can be accomplished quite easily on GIMP.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I use Paint.NET under most circumstances. Why? Ease of use and familiarity is the reason why I use it. I use it when I need to do some quick resizing, cropping, or some light touch-up. It also starts fast. I reserve GIMP for extensive editing and repairs.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Photoshop Cs5 . I am just accustomed to the Adobe system and I love it's illustration capabilities for painting. I have been using Photoshop since 6th Grade and it does what I need it to.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I use GIMP for real image editing but for quick jobs, nothing is better than mspaint. (The old-school mspaint, not the Windows 7 atrocity)

For you Linux users out there, you can run mspaint perfectly under Wine.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
    I use GIMP, it's pretty much the only and best option if you're using Linux.

Edit:
    For you Linux users out there, you can run mspaint perfectly under Wine.
    There's no need for that because there's KPaint if you want simple drawing program like MS Paint for Linux. Its GUI is pretty much like MS Paint but it's features are better, it even supports transparency.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    For photos specifically, only XnView.
    It's 'light' (starts up quickly, doesn't use much memory) and has features for anything I'd want to do to a photo.

SparklingMistral

The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!
    Years
    Photoshop hands down. It's what I first used, & I'd use it forever if I could. ;D I use MS Paint for sprite stuff though.

I also don't mind using GIMP if I have to (like I do now since I lack Photoshop on this new computer), but it's not my favorite.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    I generally use GIMP...however, it doesn't have as much layer control as photoshop. So, in the long run, I'd choose photoshop, but I'm so familiar with GIMP now, I just normally use it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My favorite is Photoshop. I like CS5 and Elements better, but I'm more comfortable with the latter, since I find it easier. I normally use Photoshop for pixel art as well, but I also use a specialized program called Grafx2 to make quick things.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I usually use a mix of GIMP, PhotoScape and Adobe ImageReady CS2. I find these programs easy to use and pretty much straight forward, seeing as I have never used Photoshop and I don't think I ever will due to the price. So, I just use as many free programs as I can!
    I use GIMP for effects and stuff. I use PhotoScape for adding renders onto backgrounds and adding text, as well as more effects. I also use ImageReady for rendering and also adding text (mainly Japanese text, though...).

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2019
    cs5 on my slow windows computer, GIMP on my fast Linux one, or when I want to use the tube effect.

Years
    I use Photoshop 7 (I'm cheap >_>) for my main editing as it can do effects to layers that can be disabled and re-enabled when you need them to be, unlike GIMP, which makes the effects (like a drop shadow) as seperate layers.. I, do, however use GIMP as a file conversion factor as it can open some files that Photoshop cannot, such as SGI.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I use GIMP and only GIMP. XD My mom had a Paintshop disc, but had lost it, so before we found it, I downloaded GIMP and fell in love with it, and just decided to ignore PS and just do my best with GIMP.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
    Depends on what I need to do; just a quick resize, or pasting a print screen then its MS Paint because it loads quick. Anything heaver than that I use Photoshop. I learned PS on the job. I've tried GIMP, I just could never could get use to it.

Back