• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite type?

Favourite Type?

• Bug

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Dark

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Fairy

• Fighting

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Fire

• Flying

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice

• Normal

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Poison

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Psychic

• Rock

• Steel

• Water

• Total voters
    Years
    My favorite type is the Psychic. Since I first saw a Ralts in Sapphire I was hooked.
    I also really like Dark, Ghost and Fairy types, and I always try to include a Pokemon of these types in my team whenever possible.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2022
    grass gets an honorable mention. I am currently on a dark kick. Guess this is a sign I just like Pokémon. Lol

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Ice has been my favorite since gen 4.
    Before that it was a tie between Psychic and Dragon.

I guess that explains the premise of your "Wonderful Gifts of Surprise" event being centered around Ice, Psychic, and Dragon-types. 😌

As for me, my favorite type is Water. A lot of my favorite Pokémon are Water-type, such as Staryu and Starmie. I also love Feraligatr, Poliwrath, Greninja, Kingdra, Gyarados, Kyogre, Pelipper, Empoleon, Inteleon, Palkia, and Ludicolo. I love how the type is both defensive and offensive, only being weak to Electric and Grass, good against common types such as Fire, Rock, and Ground, and getting a 50% power boost in rain. I also always thought that the method of getting them was unique. I always enjoyed fishing for Pokémon in the earlier games because it was different than your typical random encounter. Gen 3 and their remakes took it a step further by having you dive underwater, which was fun. It also helps that I am very obsessed with marine biology as well. I also love how so many different types of Pokéballs exist that can help you catch them, such as Dive Ball, Net Ball, and Lure Ball. In fact, Dive Ball is my favorite Pokéball design. It's like the perfect ball for your Water Pokémon. Because of this, I always get excited when I reach the water portion of a Pokémon game where I have to Surf or gain the ability to travel on the water in some way, depending on the game. You can't do wrong with a Water-type on your team.

Last edited:
    Years
    I guess that explains the premise of your "Wonderful Gifts of Surprise" event being centered around Ice, Psychic, and Dragon-types. 😌

It was Dragon, Fairy, Ice & Water in the first iteration though. Invitations were extended to other type clubs as well back then.
    It's a co-operative event between multiple clubs, on a voluntary basis by the club owners.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Merged the thread from Pokemon Gaming Central into the existing thread in this subforum (Pokemon General).

Edit: Reopened the poll too. Remains open indefinitely now.

Last edited:
    Years
    Coming up with a favorite type is still difficult for me because there are too many pokemon that I like. I would say Steel types are my favorite because of Scizor, Aggron, Metagross, Lucario, Bisharp, and Empoleon.

However, I do like Nidoking and other poison type pokemon like Seviper, Salazzle, Venusaur, Vileplume, Drapion, Toxicroak, Dragagle, and Crobat.

Then there are grass pokemon, and aside from the two I just mentioned there are also Breloom, Serperior, Lilligant, Jumpluff, Shiftry, Cacturne, and Dhelmise.

And lastly, the three normal type pokemon I love: Porygon-Z, Teddiursa and Ursaring.

Too many good pokemon that I cannot decide my favorite type, and that's not even counting other pokemon from other types I love like Typhlosion, Absol, Hitmonlee, Ampharos, Swampert, Espeon, and Gallade.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2023
    Water for sure. If I were to make a list of favorites for whatever reason, virtually every Pokémon would be water type. I love those designs, there are very few water Pokémon I dislike, and very few I'm neutral towards. I just love water types.

Angel-of-Light-Kelly

Longtime fan
    Years
    I always say fire and Dark (I voted dark in the poll), but I think people associate me with flying more because my favourite Pokemon is Xatu, and I may not always have a fire or dark on my Pokemon team, but I heavily miss if I don't have a flying type.

Years
    • Seen today
    It became Ghost since Gen 4. I like most of Ghosts designs and concepts, they're inspired and varied enough, and I'm also a fan of spooky, mysterious and occult stuff (big fan of Survival Horror games). I like having a Ghost on my teams, although it's not a very abundant type, and there are very few options in some of the games so I don't allways do.

Strangely though, I realized that my most used type across in the recent years seems to be Normal, even though it wasn't intended at all, it just happened for some reason.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    Elementally, Ice is my favorite, because I love ice and cold IRL. I always have! However, there are a lot of Ice Pokemon that I don't really care for. I'm glad to say that in recent generations we've got a lot more Ice Pokemon for me to love!

In-game - Water, Fairy, Psychic, Dark, Fire and Electric tend to be my go-to types. They take care of pretty much anything the game throws at me. My top favorite Pokemon is Fairy and Psychic.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Rock is my favourite type and I'm overly mad with what Pokémon Scarlet and Violet did to it. There are almost no rock type Pokémon inside the Paldea region.
    Where's my Nosepass? Where are my fossils? Give me my beloved Armaldo at least, please.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Arcanine always been my favorite But the majority in of my favorites are Rock,

Kabutops, Lycanroc, Golem, Archeops, Rhydon, Gigalith

Was pumped when found out Hisuan Arcanine was rock/fire cus now for my gym leader/mono team I can have my fav too

Back