• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite video game controller?

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
Years
  • 1. I like the Wii controler and its peripherals because of all the functionality.
    2.The Dualshock 3 seems like the pefect conventional controller. Wireless, rechargeable battery, usb port, motion sensing, familiar layout... Way better than the X-Box 360 controller IMO.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Cube for sure. It feeels great and fits in my hands. Oh and i really love the XBOX360 one although it has a crazy amount of buttons. Never liked the Playstation controller even if it was my first ever controller that I used. Yes I adore love and go crazy about Nintendo and started from Sony. ZING!

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The PS3 controller fits in my hands which is a definite plus for me. The 360's controller is a little awkward in my hands, but whatever.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I love the Gamecubes and the Trackball for my laptop (if that counts). The gamecube controller fits perfectly in my hand, even if I don't play it as often anymore. My trackball is basically the best mouse there was, but one improvement could be made: make it wireless. Then it would be perfect. Just to say who made it and who to give the credit to, Logitech.

Years
  • I honestly don't have a favorite because most of the controllers I've used felt comfortable for me except for that awful N64 controller.

If I had to choose, it would be any controller that was wireless. :P

Tacogeddon

Pokemonidae
    Years
  • The Steel Battalion controller deserves a mention.

What is your favourite video game controller?

Just look at all the buttons, you know you like buttons!

Years
  • NES. That may seem like a strange choice to some, but honestly, in my opinion, you can't beat the classics.

Also, lol at all the hate for the N64's controller. Really, it isn't that bad; I've often heard about people complaining that it's hard to hold onto, but I don't see how it's all that hard unless you have really small hands. My only real main complaint about the N64 controller is the durability, or lack thereof, of the control stick. The original Mario Party has ruined over half of the controllers in my collection. =P

Honorable mention mention for favorites goes to the GameCube controller; standard and WaveBird are both really good overall.

H.Lecter

Two-dimensional
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2015
    But it is, they can make it better.
    They make it better.
    Dualshock 1 --> 2: longer wire, directional pad with more grip, black design
    Dualshock 2 --> Sixaxis: No Dualschock funcntion (which I think was a bad idea), Sixaxis function, PS-Button, wireless, really good new L2 und R2 Buttons especially for racing etc.
    Sixaxis --> Dualshock 3: Dualshock function which is a better one than the one of the Dualshock 2 and because of the "rumble-things" inside more weight which makes the Dualshock 3 a lot better than the Sixaxis.

The quality of the pad and the sensitivity of the buttons raised by any new version of the pad.

I think you can already imagine what is my favorite controller. It is the Dualshock. The position of the buttons are perfect. The symmetry of the analog sticks is perfect and I cant understand why other consoles especially the xbox controllers have to have one analog stick where it is at playstations position and ones position is changed with the one of the d-pad. The d-pad is the best one. It was the first controller with 2 L and R buttons. The labels of the buttons circle, X, triangle and quadrat is cool. The Buttons work great, the controller is comfortable and the design is cool.
    The Dualshock 3 is the best for me because of the Sixaxis function, the PS-Button, the L- and R-Buttons and the fact that it is wireless. The Sixaxis is the worst one I think because the little weight is really annoying for me.
    I want to name the Gamecube controller too because he is the most comfortable I have ever used. I althoug must say that the Xbox controllers are getting better. I hated the first ones. The Xbox 360 Controller is cool and comfortable. I like the button in the middle which name I did not know. But it is not as good as the one of the PS3 espicially the thing with the analog stick and the d-pad.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Always found the Gamecube controller to be the most comfortable, and it feels great holding it in my hands, so I'll pick that.
    Snes and N64 are pretty close, though.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • The Wii's Classic controller rocks. The green transparent PlayStation DualShock controller is also cool.

Back