• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your ideal Pokemon game?

4O4

Error 4O4
Years
  • Hello, its your friendly 4O4 here again. So I have a question, what is your ideal Pokemon game? It doesn't have to be as detailed as this one but if you do want it this detailed I asked for a few things. Plot, Pokemon, Rival & amount of rivals, Regions, and if any new pokemon. So lets get started with MY ideal Pokemon game.

Plot

I was thinking to have a Pokemon game that involved all the Regions but start in a new section of the Kalos region. After a huge war breaks out between all the Legendary Pokemon from their respected regions but 2 new Legendary Pokemon come to stop the war. The start of the game and till you face the Pokemon League in Kalos you are battling rivals, find out the mystery on the Kalos hidden region and why its hidden but the hunt comes to a temporary end when defeating Team Flare. Team Flare did not have any real clue on why the islands of the hidden section of were kept secret by the government. After defeating the Kalos region champion a huge war breaks out between all the Legendary Pokemon from their respected regions but 2 new Legendary Pokemon come to stop the war. The 2 new (Good) Legendary Pokemon are joined by Arceus that was holding the fairy plate. The cause of the war was caused by another new Legendary Duo called the "Chaos Duo" which was reawakened after the sudden rise of Legendaries. The Duo caused Chaos among the regions and tricked the legendaries. It started in Region Kantos Region. The Chaos Duo made them believe that the Kalos region. It continued throughout the other regions (Battle format below) and then war broke out after the Duo destroyed parts of each region. Causing tensions to clash. Then the Trinity (The 2 new Good Legendaries and Arceus) to step into play and they ended the war and defeated the Duo with the help of YOU and your pokemon team. During the battle legendary Chaos Duo become catchable. After you battle/catch the Duo the New Good legendaries spread out into their ruins. At that point you can hunt them down and catch them if you do certain tasks to open the ruin doors. The current legendaries will be unlocked in their regions after the war. The other regions will be unlocked as well.

War Format: Region 1 Vs Region 6, Region 2 Vs 4, Region 3 vs 5

New Pokemon

Dragneon
    Type: Dragon/Fairy
    Moves: Draco Meteor (Dragon), Zap Cannon (Electric, Psystrike (Psychic), Moon Blast (Fairy)

Omegron
    Type: Fairy/Ghost
    Moves: Phantom Force (Ghost), Dark Pulse (Dark), Moon Beam (New Fairy), Sludge Bomb (Poison)

Dragneon flies but Omegron stands on the ground. These Pokemon would be "siblings" to Arceus.

Rivals

5 Rivals from the first 5 regions.

Existing Pokemon that would be in this game.

Bulbasaur
    Grass · Poison

Ivysaur
    Grass · Poison

Venusaur
    Grass · Poison

Charmander
    Fire

Charmeleon
    Fire

Charizard
    Fire · Flying

Squirtle
    Water

Wartortle
    Water

Blastoise
    Water

Caterpie
    Bug

Metapod
    Bug

Butterfree
    Bug · Flying

Weedle
    Bug · Poison

Kakuna
    Bug · Poison

Beedrill
    Bug · Poison

Pidgey
    Normal · Flying

Pidgeotto
    Normal · Flying

Pidgeot
    Normal · Flying

Rattata
    Normal

Pikachu
    Electric

Raichu
    Electric

Sandshrew
    Ground

Sandslash
    Ground

Nidoran♀
    Poison

Nidorina
    Poison

Nidoqueen
    Poison · Ground

Nidoran♂
    Poison

Nidorino
    Poison

Nidoking
    Poison · Ground

Clefairy
    Fairy

Clefable
    Fairy

Vulpix
    Fire

Ninetales
    Fire

Venonat
    Bug · Poison

Venomoth
    Bug · Poison

Psyduck
    Water

Golduck
    Water

Mankey
    Fighting

Primeape
    Fighting

Growlithe
    Fire

Arcanine
    Fire

(List will be updated. Give it some time. Its a major work in progress.)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    My ideal Pokemon game would have:

-If it's a new generation, plenty of good new Pokemon
    -A regional dex with plenty of older Pokemon that I like
    -No Fakemon
    -Availability of evolutionary stones before the last Gym
    -Evolving the likes of Kadabra, Haunter, Onix, and Scyther without having to trade

Denver Broncos

Bucking Bronco
    Years
  • My ideal Pokemon game would have:

-If it's a new generation, plenty of good new Pokemon
    -A regional dex with plenty of older Pokemon that I like
    -No Fakemon
    -Availability of evolutionary stones before the last Gym
    -Evolving the likes of Kadabra, Haunter, Onix, and Scyther without having to trade

I totally agree. Especially with the trading evolutions. It would be easier and it benefit more then harm.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Basically, my ideal Pokemon game would be if you did some sort of mix of HG/SS, Black2/White2, and X/Y, with a more mature story and rival(s).

What I want is a game with all the good features of those games: PWT, move tutors, character customiztion, 3D visuals, Black Tower/White Treehollow, more than one region, lots of post-game content, and stuff (to name a few). I also wanna be able to catch every single legendary that has ever existed, in-game, not via special events.

A more mature story would be nice (but would sadly probably never happen in reality. Yes, I'm 21, many of the Pokemon players are 16+, but a large part of the target audience is still under 13). Someone else on a thread about what they want in Z said something about a story with choices, and you could possibly be good or evil. And I'd totally love that. Makes me think of all the fun I had in Soul Nomad's Demon Path. C'mon, lemme be an evil demonic tyrannical Devourlord in the Pokemon world, just for funsies.

Oh, and a couple of new Pokemon types I'd wanna see would be Fighting/Dragon, Water/Fire, Ice/Steel, and a non-legendary Steel/Dragon.

EDIT: And a Dark type gym. I don't understand why its still the only type to never have had a gym.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I think it would be interesting to have a Pokemon game set in the Pokemon world's past, like I would love to see a Pokemon game in a medieval environment.

Driskull

DADDY WAS A FALL DOWN MAN
    Years
  • Some thoughts:

- Why not a Steel or Poison type for the starting gym? G/S/C had the right idea with Falkner and his uncommon type. Boring types like Normal, Rock, and Bug are overused.

- Like others have said, ways to evolve trade-volution Pokemon without the use of another system/user.

- A Legendary Pokemon that DOESN'T have anything to do with the main plot. And for that matter, how about a main plot that's just you going on an adventure? No evil team, no side-quests, nothin'. Just you and your 'Mons attempting to beat the League.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    And for that matter, how about a main plot that's just you going on an adventure? No evil team, no side-quests, nothin'. Just you and your 'Mons attempting to beat the League.
    I couldn't agree more; the whole organized crime thing has never really appealed to me.

Pryze

Straight chillin
    Years
  • If it's just general things, then I would have to say the following:

- A more difficult game. One of the things I absolutely hated about X and Y was the difficulty level--it was far too easy for my liking. I liked what BW2 did with challenge mode, but I really wish you didn't basically need a second game and DS in order to play with it from the beginning.

- Having a more story driven game. This is probably just me, but I've grown more than tired of the whole, 'collect gym badges badges become champion' thing. I'd really like to see some interaction with the characters, the evil team of the game actually doing something underhanded, or you growing progressively closer to those around you on your journey. Primarily, I mean your rival.

- Pokemon from past generations. This is fairly self-explanatory. Having the ability to catch, say, a Pinsir in a 7th gen game would liven the whole thing up for me.

- Gym Leader, Elite 4, and Champion rematches. I like rematches.

- Have the ability to make your own choices. I really like the thought of having a game where the choices you make have a heavy affect on the outcome of the game. Like, being able to answer yes or no on whether or not you'd like to join team rocket, for example. And honestly, I get that it's kind of a staple of the Pokemon franchise, but why can I still not speak in the games?

As well as a few side features like the Battle Frontier or PWT, having a game include all of this would be heavenly for me.

Erladino

Dancing with the winds!~
    Years
  • I like this topic. Out of all the new posts, I found this one most interesting? Well, about ideal pokemon games I'd like one that efficiently produces graphic vector images that seem to be lacking in the current X and Y game federation of the 3DS. Quick Rendering would enable fast shredding would increase enjoyable game play.

Well, I'd like to see development in Pokemon Spinoff games such as Pokemon Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Rumble. Cool MMO's like PRO(link in banner) exist and such. But they lack story though PRO's a great think, I'm looking forward to more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    My idea pokemon game would be:

-New pokemon
    - More than 8 gym leaders, and more than 4 E4 (like HG and SS)
    - An elaborate computer system
    - A more involved story game
    - More rivals to verse

CharBrothers

Martin Mystery
    Years
  • I Want a Game with:
    -Complete 365 Pokemon
    -NO Tradevelutions.
    -Stones and Berries can be bought
    -All Items can be Obtainable.

I Want a Game with:
    -Complete 365 Pokemon
    -NO Tradevelutions.

Last edited:

yungdialysis

shoutout to britney spears
    Years
  • I think it would be interesting to have a Pokemon game set in the Pokemon world's past, like I would love to see a Pokemon game in a medieval environment.

Yeah that's what I want too, why don't they make something in a totally different time like future or far into the past, i would like to see that.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • A Dark Type Gym! I can't believe this hasn't been done yet. Are Dark-types considered taboo amongst Gym Leaders? I don't think so. Dark is only seen as an elite four members and Dark isn't even that strong compared to Dragon, and they had a Gym two different times.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • My ideal Pokemon game would be one that utilizes all regions and Pokemon giving your teams unlimited options. However, the catch would be that you have to leave the Pokemon you got in that region.

Also, I'd want the game to have the older graphical settings like the GBA games.

Finally, I'd want the game to be where you can chat with other people playing around you through Wi-Fi on your DS, the ability to trade and duel with those people and maybe do duo battles with them.

ALSO, I WOULD LOVE IF CHEAT CODES WERE TAKEN OUT.

It'd be nice to have a Pokemon game where you can't hack in rare candies and perfect Pokemon for once.

Years
  • I'd like to see a game where Pokemon and humans both exist, but humans aren't seen as superior: either an egalitarian setup or Pokemon using humans as servants. That'd be cool.

Pokemon would still be able to use attacks against one another, just like how humans can fight in real life, but it wouldn't be the be-all-and-end-all focus of the story.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I Want a Game with:
    -Complete 365 Pokemon
    -NO Tradevelutions.

I like your idea of no Tradevelutions, especially when some people like me can't get wifi access. As for the 365 Pokemon, we could be given one of these Pokemon each day, although I'm not sure how this is all going to work out when you consider evolved forms.

The main tweak I want in my game is that more than 3 players would battle at the same time. Now that will make battling more interesting! The more the better.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • A game with a harder difficulty, better, deeper storyline, and 12 gyms. Everything else should stay the same. I would also like where you can choose what you want to do. Do you want to join the evil team. It could be used to show your friends. Do you wan to be friends? No. You hang out with not so nice people or travel alone. More customization at the beginning of the game. Whether or not you have blond hair with blue eyes and a tan. Not how they did it before. More like this: choose your eye color, then choose hair color and 1 out of two basic hair styles, then choose the color you want your skin to be. Lastly, choose your name. I forgot gender: that goes first. Basically, I would like a harder game with an immersive and storyline that is well thought out. Oh! A large after game would be something I like. The larger it is, the better.

Reactions: Nah
    Back