• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What is your local GameStop Cool enough for?

What is your GameStop doing for X and Y

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • I have two Gamestops, but ended up pre-ordering from one at a nearby mall (awesome service) so I don't think they will be able nor willing to do an early release. They will be dressing up as different trainers and a Xerneas though. XD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The UK equivalent of Gamestop (GAME) is currently holding pre-order bonuses which are Pokéball 3DS game card holders.

What is your local GameStop Cool enough for?

They look nifty and I should be getting one since I pre-ordered from GAME back in May, now just four days!

Years
  • I work at a locally owned game store, sadly we will not be opening at any special times. HOWEVER I do work Friday and Saturday maybe i can do my own unofficial midnight launch heeheehee!

DamienHelvian

Legendary Lucario Warrior
    Years
  • The one I preordered at has a midnight release, and are doing a little bonus thing for people who come early.
    I'll be dressing up, in what..
    I'm not saying >.w.>

CBBXD

CBBXD
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2014
    The UK equivalent of Gamestop (GAME) is currently holding pre-order bonuses which are Pokéball 3DS game card holders.

What is your local GameStop Cool enough for?

They look nifty and I should be getting one since I pre-ordered from GAME back in May, now just four days!
    Lucky Ducky! In USA GameStop gives us 1 poster if we get X or Y and a time-line if we get X & Y.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • In previous years I've gone to the Gamestop near the Walmart in town... this year I went to the one inside the mall and preordered it. I got a Keldo poster when I preordered, since apparently that particular gamestop somehow got a bunch of them in a box and decided they'll give away said poster for preordering. This was back in June.

So, a few days ago, I went back there to pay off the rest of my game and pick up the double sided poster that all gamestops get. so I got that, and then the lady that was working there was telling me about how they're going to have to have a Launch Party on the 12th at this coffee shop called The Boston Beanery. So, yeah, I'd say they're pretty cool, I might go back to that one again. x3

lealvenom

A Bearded PKMN Trainer.
    Years
  • The only thing my local store is doing is giving out a two-sided poster on release. As far as I am aware, they are not planning to open early on release day.

There might be some midnight releases in Toronto. Eshop is having a midnight launch.. And you don't even gotta leave the house! ;) AWESOME!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    There might be some midnight releases in Toronto. Eshop is having a midnight launch.. And you don't even gotta leave the house! ;) AWESOME!

As much as I love travelling by GO Train, I don't plan to head off to Toronto. But I do have to correct my earlier statement. My local store is opening a whole hour early, at 9am instead of 10am! That means a whole extra hour of play!

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • My local Gamestop has no choice but to wait until 9am at the earliest, sitting in the middle of an upscale mall. I don't blame the Gamestop for this, but wish there were more options locally.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    My local Gamestop has no choice but to wait until 9am at the earliest, sitting in the middle of an upscale mall. I don't blame the Gamestop for this, but wish there were more options locally.

Hmm weird. A game stop in my mall has done a few midnight release before. Maybe it was a bigger game. I know the did halo 4 and CoD.

Zethremar

Entirely Uninteresting
    Years
  • Sadly, where I live we don't have any midnight releases only early 8:00 am openings, but oh well I'd probably too tired to play past 1:00 am in the morning anyway.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Unfortunately the closest Gamestop to my city that is having an event for the games is 2 hours away from me. My nearest store is opening earlier at 9am instead of 10am though so nothing extremely special. They are also having the special timeline poster and Kalos map with pre-orders. That's probably because this is Pokemon we're talking about and not Call of Duty.

Years
  • Some Game Stops around here had the game 2 or 3 days earlier xD That's the coolest thing in my opinion.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Hmm weird. A game stop in my mall has done a few midnight release before. Maybe it was a bigger game. I know the did halo 4 and CoD.

Depends on the mall and the location in the mall. If there is street access for the store, they don't have to worry about the mall's hours and policies at all, the local one here does not have that. It has to wait until the mall opens the doors before the employees can even get into the store. Downtown Seattle is a pretty screwed up place for commerce, everything still follows 1950s hours. Only a few modern businesses actually have the freedom to open when they please, but the whole city shuts down at 2 am and doesn't open back up again until 6 am, and then, only restaurants and cafes are open before 8 am.

FireOfExile

2363-5961-4897 (3DS)
    Years
  • I just got a message on the phone, apparently my Gamestop will have a midnight release tomorrow night! :D Also they mentioned events at 10 PM, so I'm going to have to look into that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2013
    they're giving me the timeline poster even though I didn't pay for both copies at same store

Back