• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your most nostalgic game of all time?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Hey there! The games we played during our childhood is what made us proud gamers today. From OOT to Super Mario World to Pokémon Red and Blue, we spent countless hours playing the games that have been etched in our hearts for an endless amount of times. So, in this thread, I want you fellow PokeNerds to say:

What is your most nostalgic or memorable game from your childhood?
    and
    What was your first console (handheld or a home console)?

My most memorable games from my childhood was Pokémon Sapphire and The Simpsons Hit and Run and my first console was the GBA.

pkmin3033

I think my most nostalgic game would be the original Sonic the Hedgehog, for the Sega Megadrive. I suppose the likes of Pokemon Red, Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land had more of an impact upon me in the long run - my first console was an original Gameboy, and I have always preferred handheld gaming as a result - but I grew up with Sonic, and I've always loved the classic 2D Sonic titles.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess probably Pokémon Red, since it was the first video game I owned and I played it so much. I remember where I was a lot of the time I played it, I remember who I played it with, and all kinds of peripheral things about the game. (Not to mention just remembering almost everything about the actual game itself because I was so obsessed for so long and didn't really have anything else to play!) Every single song from its soundtrack is extremely memorable, which I can't say about a whole lot of games.

There are plenty of games that get me really nostalgic but I don't think any of them top that one.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • Hey You, Pikachu! on N64. Neither my sister nor I were any good at it (getting Mystery Soup in every Ochre Woods mission springs to mind), but I still remember it and its music really fondly. And my sister had a large collection of miscellaneous items in it that I was always jealous of.

Years
  • That's a good question... what is most nostalgic for me?

Actual Childhood: Probably Yoshi's Island. We had a SNES when I was young and I loved the shit out of that game. It was a ton of fun to play and I really liked the art style. I like it a bit better than Super Mario World, which I technically watched/played before Yoshi's Island.

You would think Pokemon would be it considering I'm still into it, but I play Pokemon so much that I don't feel it's nostalgic like a game I haven't played in years.

Teenage Years: Tales of Symphonia. I played it way too much and was way too invested in it. If I pick it up, I still remember what I'm doing, i played it that much. I might have been 14 but it's still incredibly nostalgic to me. That probably doesn't count for most people though, even though it's been 10-11 years for me.

My first console that I remember was the SNES. My father was into Nintendo systems, so the three of us kids started our gaming habits at a young age. :) One of the few memories I have of my father is sitting in the living room watching the credits of Super Mario World.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    - Pokemon Sapphire
    - Final Fight 3
    - Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
    - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

mannakete

exec hymme Holy=Judgment sos yor
    Years
  • I want to say Pokemon Red is my most nostalgic game. It was my first game I owned, not my brother's. But at the same time FF7 is nostalgic for me (even though I can't stand it) because I remember my brother playing it non stop (and I found Leviathan when he couldn't)
    My first handheld that I ACTUALLY owned was a gameboy color. My first personal console was the Playstation 1. The first console I ever played was the N64.

Yukari

The single most nostalgic game for me would have to be the original Super Mario Bros. It was the first game that I even played and is one of the games I've played the most.

Then again, there's also Megaman X... Can I have some time to think about this? x:

DaHatMan

The Mad Hatter Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Most Nostalgic game for me would easily have to be Fatal Fury 2 on the Genesis. It was the game I played the most back when I was a kid and the reason why I love fighting games so much today. My uncle used to always body me with Kim but I didn't care because it only drove me to get better to try and beat him and it's because of him that whenever I touch a fighting game I do my best to learn everything about it and play it to the best of my ability.

As far as consoles go. The Colecovision was actually my first console. After that it was the Atari 2600. Not saying that I'm super old but my uncle started me off right.

Years
  • Pokemon Emerald, since it was the first video game that I've owned, as well as finish without guidance from anyone.

Outside of Pokemon, I would have to say Spyro: Year of the Dragon for PlayStation 1, and Crash Team Racing. I used to go over to my uncle's place with my family during weekends and play games with my cousins. They had a PS1 systems and played those games a lot, so it was always a lot of fun. Spyro was the game I've ever played on a PS1, so I always associate the PlayStation brand to Spyro as its mascot, even today. Crash Team racing was where I uncovered my interest in vehicles and racing games, so it could be said that the game influenced my career decision to pursue engineering in University to an extent.

Years
  • The first Spyro Game for playstaion 1 the one with the nasty guy I used to play it with my dad all the time when i was 4 years old. I would also say pokemon yellow which i had borrowed from a friend who rented it from blockbuster. After returning it to my friend; A few weeks later my parents bought me my own copy of the game. those hold the most nostalgia for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • For my early childhood, Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World and Tetris and Dr. Mario are what resonates with me the most. These were the first video games I played and I still love them to bits even today. I have so many memories from just...weird things in these games, haha. Mainly making up words to the music and other things like that. :P I'm not very good at Mario games, but I always make time to sit down and play All-Stars when I go to my grandmother's. I should also mention that it was her that introduced me to video games. <3

For my later childhood, my most nostalgic games are Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Pokemon Stadium 2, and Pokemon Sapphire. Kirby 64 was the first game I beat, Stadium 2 was always a blast to play with my best friend, and Sapphire was the first main series Pokemon game that I beat.

For my all my teen years, my most nostalgic games are The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Black and White, and Kingdom Hearts II. Twilight Princess was my first uhhh...how do I phrase it? It was my first time to be hyped for a Zelda game since becoming a fan after playing Wind Waker. I remember reading all the Nintendo Power articles about it...gahhh. Memories. :( Pokemon Black and White came at a hard time in my life and the week it came out here in North America, it allowed me to escape from my troubles for a few days as I blazed through the game and continued to help me in months to come. As for OoT and KH2, I played these years after they had been out, both in my senior year of high school, and I was totally obsessed. So while I didn't go out and do all the cool high school senior things, I did play the hell out of those games and they're some of my favorites in their respective series.

As for my current early adulthood, Chrono Trigger is super nostalgic for me despite only playing it about a year ago. I don't know why, it just really feels like I've played it more than that one time so it already has that timeless feeling with me. I'm sure that Tales of Xillia is going to be something that's nostalgic for this time in my life as well once some time has passed since my initial playthrough. Ughhhhhh I love that game...

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
    Years
  • Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. The soundtrack alone takes me almost too far back.

Last edited:

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
    Years
  • The first video game system I ever owned was the Gameboy Advance SP, and I loved it. My most nostalgic game that I played on it is Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. Whenever my family went on a long road trip, I always brought this game along. Sadly, I lost it and I can't find it anymore. I will always remember the time when my mom helped me beat World 2 XD

Years
  • First console was an NES. Or rather, it was my parents' since I was far too young to have a system of my own, but you know. Technical details there. That's not the system I get the most nostalgia over, however...

Although that's not to say there aren't any games from the NES that don't make me trip hard over memories. Two that come to mind instantly are Mega Man 2 and Mega Man 3. Actually, they're pretty much the biggest two in that regard. Definitely not the first games I ever played, but still some of the most unforgettable ones.

But as for most nostalgic overall, it comes from the SNES. I would say...actually, maybe not Chrono Trigger like I was about to say, although that's definitely up there because I crushed hard on that game, absolutely had to get it no matter what, and when I did finally get it I put so many hours into playing and replaying it. No, I think in this case, even though I never had a proper copy of it on the SNES, and had to rely on future ports to finally get it for myself...Final Fantasy 6. Even through just rentals and borrowing from classmates, meaning that I was always under time constraints and couldn't sit down and finish it properly, that game had such an impact on me. Just...everything about it back then, I loved it.

So I guess that's it.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to my most nostalgic game of all time, it would probably be either Lego Island or Logical Journey of the Zoombinis.

As for the first handheld console that I owned was a Game Boy Color that I shared with my brothers. It was not until Christmas of 2005 or 2006 that I got a handheld console that was just mine.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Final Fantasy X, actually. It was not the first game I played but it was the first game I played that actually had an intricate plot and deeper characters (I mean, before that I was used to stuff like Kirby and Mario, which are great and fun but kind of lacking in the story department), which I think was what really got me into games with a strong story-telling element.

And I have a ton of great memories associated with it because I used to play this with my cousin at my brothers' house, and I can still remember when I would actually print out tips for boss fights and strategize together, watch the cutscenes together and talk about the story. For a 9-ish year old kid, it was kinda like we were going on this cool journey together. :P

My first console that was bought for me was the Game Boy Color, which I do remember playing but they are kind of fuzzy memories. I think my GBA days are much more clear and I have more fond memories with that console over my first.

Back