• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your pet peeve?

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • What is your pet peeve?

(a pet peeve is something that just annoys you)

My pet peeve is how pretty much everybody hates cats and thinks they are mean. Don't hate something until you have lived with it.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Bad grammar on the internet is a pet peeve of mine...
    I just don't understand why people can't just type out the words as they would be spelled on paper. Is it really that hard? :\

Years
  • ...believe me, I don't hate cats. But I'm living with a cat that's currently topping my list of annoyances-I-want-to-annihilate.

I have a few pet peeves, but one that sticks out the most to me would be anything that plays a loud noise constantly. A prime example would be a mug that my mother bought for my dad on Father's Day, it's a rather loud singing mug that can.never.shut.up. It will continue to trigger that same song even without you touching it; it's beyond annoying.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What is your pet peeve?

(a pet peeve is something that just annoys you)

My pet peeve is how pretty much everybody hates cats and thinks they are mean. Don't hate something until you have lived with it.

I have never heard of that term before, just saying. As for your latter statement; I had a cat once. His name was Tibbles and he was unsociable. He would never look you in the eye, he would never want you to pet him, he would never do anything that was of remote interest to you. All he cared about was food, sleeping and walking on his own. When he died, I was sad, I admit that, but I still dislike cats.

Anyways, the thing that annoys me are little kids. It's not that I have anything against little kids like a vandetta, but when a toddler has his/her mind set on something, that toddler will be in his/her own little world and he/she will expect everybody to do what he/she says. I can appreciate the fact that their brains aren't as developed as they will be in the coming years, but, honestly, nobody cares if there's a football pitch over there so why do you expect us to listen to you say it repeatedly?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • a pet peeve of mine is how my little sister acts >_<
    she burps and farts....
    a LOT! i have never seen a girl that burps and farts that much!
    i also made possibilities that she was a dude in disguise, or that she had butt cancer(from farting too much). and do u know why she does it? to stink up my room and annoy me >_<
    plus, she never stops talking most of the time. sumtimes i just wanna put tape over her mouth and rip it off just to make her shut up... ¬_¬

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • Bad grammar isn't a pet peeve for me... although it is still annoying.

I would have to say bad graphics, especially on a webpage. Ugh, I don't know why, but if the webpage doesn't look good, then I just can't stand to stay on it.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I have 2 pet peeves.
    1. When someone repeats either what they said or what you said. That is just so annoying, listening to it over and over again.
    2. When someone doesn't pay attention and I have to repeat myself again, and most chances are that they won't pay attention again. So I have to repeat myself again and again to say 1 thing to them sometimes.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    People who imitate other people because they think it makes them look cool.

Bad drivers anger me to no end. Not to mention who talk really, really, loud. It's like, do you know what you sound like right now?! >O
    *deep breath* >>

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    People who say the word "Like" every 13 seconds. tyuhkjdenf3wh3uilfbvliuyrv IT JUST PISSES OFF SO MUCH >O

And fake people. Like, people who pretend to be someone that they're not just to fit in with everyone else, even when you can tell that they're lying about who they are =/

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Well sweeties, here's my list:
    1. pEoPlE tYpiN lEiK diS
    2. Video Game Ignorance from New Generation gamers. (Basically some guy who plays Halo and Guitar Hero and calls themselve a gamer, yet never heard of Zelda. Stuff like that.)
    3. People going on to my profile JUST to ask me for stuff. >> That's so rude.
    4. People in real life that barely talk to me, come calling acting all nice just because they want something.
    5. n00bs being n00bs.
    6. Immature jokes.
    7. People who hate Nintendo.
    8. People that still believe in the stereotypical nerd personality.
    9. How the media portrays video games.
    10. Using "lol" as a general response.

Well sweeties, I'm done. XD

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
  • Well sweeties, here's my list:
    1. pEoPlE tYpiN lEiK diS
    2. Video Game Ignorance from New Generation gamers. (Basically some guy who plays Halo and Guitar Hero and calls themselve a gamer, yet never heard of Zelda. Stuff like that.)
    3. People going on to my profile JUST to ask me for stuff. >> That's so rude.
    4. People in real life that barely talk to me, come calling acting all nice just because they want something.
    5. n00bs being n00bs.
    6. Immature jokes.
    7. People who hate Nintendo.
    8. People that still believe in the stereotypical nerd personality.
    9. How the media portrays video games.
    10. Using "lol" as a general response.

Well sweeties, I'm done. XD

It sounds like 4 and 6 apply to me. XD

Another pet peeve of mine is how every year they come out with new iPods. It's a good thing and a bad thing. It's good as they make them better and (usually) cheaper but bad as most people have an older one and don't want to go out and spend more money on a newer one. I know someone who still has an iPod mini XD and the thing still works great. I have had my iPod nano 2nd gen for almost 2 years now and have had no problems with it yet. Yet another pet peeve of mine is iPod earbuds, they last you a week and then they are broken. Yet the other ones I use cost $10 and they have lasted me almost 3 years. And the iPod ones cost $50. And last but not least is how you will never see an Apple Product on sale.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Here's my list of trivial things that annoy me to no end :D!

1. People who say, "I beg to differ." I don't know, it's just something about that phrase that bothers me... XD
    2. People who don't act like themselves; who pretend to be someone they're not just to impress other people. It's happened so many times in my life.
    3. Children. .___.;
    4. My job, and 90% of the things about it.
    5. People who use "lol" when they have nothing else to say. >:
    6. CELEBRITY GOSSIP. Don't even get me started on that. XD
    7. The radio.
    8. "Your face" jokes.

That's all I can think of atm. XD

Lollypop

Member since '07 <300 posts
    Years
  • 1. New people who keep on SPAMING and never read the RULES! It's so annoying. They spam just to get their post counts up!

2. People who continuesly ask this cliche " Can I be a beta tester? " It's even worse than spamming.

3. People who post hacks starting with this: "Can someone please make a hack for me?"
    or: Story:
    Spoiler:
    Screenies:
    Spoiler:
    Rest:
    Spoiler:
    It wastes my time in the scrapbox!!

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
  • People who assume their right all the time, are adamant about their opinions and are oblivious to how lunkheaded they're being ^_^

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I could also make a list of all the stuff that annoys me, but probably that'd take me like a week... O.o

Anyway, I guess my biggest pet peeve should be... myself. Because when I dont manage to figure out something (or find how to fix something) I really get angry at myself and I get into "cuss mode" (if annoyed enough, which happens often when I'm doing Uni stuff)

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2010
    My biggest pet peeves are:
    People who ask me so many questions
    People who talk more than me
    People who point out the obvious
    People who ask the dumbest questions
    Probably more but I can't think of any more

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My pet peeves would be people teasing me for liking Pokemon and people on here asking me and others questions, when they can't just use a script, map, and simple questions thread. :\

Back