• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Ash do you want?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Either way, anything said about Ash is past-tense and no konger applies. Therefore we no longer need another Misty arch-type, especially not in Serena. We also don't need Ash to lose anymore conferences. None of those things from the past call for any retribution.

Considering how the Pokemon Anime ranking & Merchandise selling are dropping , They need another ''Bulma'' like ''Misty'' and Ash need to stop acting like a Good Boy .

It would have been fun to see Ash making a girl angry by commenting about her weight ! You just need to read '''Pokemon Doujin : Festival of Champion'' to know why this show needs a ''Bulma'' and an narcissist version of Ash.

Looking at this picture is enough to tell what I want--
Spoiler:
You can see That This Red is way closer to ''Original Ash'' then Current Ash despite being stronger & sharper then him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Yeah, and none of the stuff Misty and others did in the past deserve you bashing her to heck and calling her and the others the worst things alive, yet here you are doing it.

Either way, the only thing I even care about regarding what Ash should be right now is whether he actually WINS a Pokémon League now, a Game-region Pokémon League anyways, and becoming a Pokémon Master, thanks to the Anime for some reason not counting the Anime-only Orange Islands as an actual win, certainly enough of one for the show to end. That, as well as actually reuniting with those Pokémon he specifically promised to catch up with (like Butterfree and Pidgeot. I'm not counting Primeape because he never actually promised to reunite with Primeape in the Japanese version, though even there the narrator does imply they'll meet again so maybe him as well). Probably the closest he's come to actually reuniting with any of them is Butterfree, and that's only due to the opening in Battle Frontier which shouldn't even be considered canon.

Misty can snap back at any time. Sorry to sound sexist, but that's just how females are (as far as every tsundere writer is concerned), especially when it comes to anime, especially when it comes to tsundere, especially those with nasty tempers.

So far, I've gotten nothing but more bad blood out of this anime than I needed and come to think of it, you're the one who compared Ash to Jesus Christ and wants Serena to be like Misty so much that you'll throw gif examples or her rare negative moments in people's faces so much, that you rile people up and give them the wrong idea. It was you!

Just stop encouraging it already. Serena will never be what you want her to be, and I will take a personal stand against anyone who tries to make that so and gets far enough.

Pokemon is supposed to be an entertaining anime about pocket monsters, not a show the writers make the main character look as stupid as possible and have the females give him hell for it, just so they can feel useful and important.

I don't have enough evidence to cry out foul play, but I can detect intentional set up. If a protagonist manages to rise past his rookie mistakes and develop some redeeming qualities for some amount of time, snap him back to stupid, give him some new flaws (even some mundane ones that are quite trivial to the plot), and have the female lead go to town on him through verbal tounge-lashing or physical abuse over the slightest infraction.

Such excellent chemistry......

In a nutshell, Misty's actions were always intentional. While Ash's actions (and not one-time situational misdemeanors) were usually unintentional or good-natured. Unlike Misty, he doesn't get up peoples' asses, or else he'd be a jerk who would have to apologize.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Misty can snap back at any time. Sorry to sound sexist, but that's just how females are (as far as every tsundere writer is concerned), especially when it comes to anime, especially when it comes to tsundere, especially those with nasty tempers.

So far, I've gotten nothing but more bad blood out of this anime than I needed and come to think of it, you're the one who compared Ash to Jesus Christ and wants Serena to be like Misty so much that you'll throw gif examples or her rare negative moments in people's faces so much, that you rile people up and give them the wrong idea. It was you!

Just stop encouraging it already. Serena will never be what you want her to be, and I will take a personal stand against anyone who tries to make that so and gets far enough.

Pokemon is supposed to be an entertaining anime about pocket monsters, not a show the writers make the main character look as stupid as possible and have the females give him hell for it, just so they can feel useful and important.

I don't have enough evidence to cry out foul play, but I can detect intentional set up. If a protagonist manages to rise past his rookie mistakes and develop some redeeming qualities for some amount of time, snap him back to stupid, give him some new flaws (even some mundane ones that are quite trivial to the plot), and have the female lead go to town on him through verbal tounge-lashing or physical abuse over the slightest infraction.

In a nutshell, Misty's actions were always intentional. While Ash's actions (and not one-time situational misdemeanors) were usually unintentional or good-natured. Unlike Misty, he doesn't get up peoples' asses, or else he'd be a jerk who would have to apologize.

No, I never compared Ash to Jesus Christ at all. Actually, I cited a lot of flaws Ash did commit to, several instances of stupidity that he made, so if anything, I actually made a case that he ISN'T Jesus Christ (as Jesus Christ never made mistakes at all). The only one who even came close to actually comparing Ash to Jesus Christ (being absolutely perfect beyond his not forgiving Team Rocket, in other words) is YOU. I've seen your posts, and you keep on insisting that Ash is perfect and consistently ignore a lot of glaring flaws with his character.

Also, I only said that Serena did some bad things in the episodes. I never compared her to Misty in any way other than your hypocritical insistence that any character who does any bad thing once, no matter how minor, is automatically the worst thing ever and is automatically disowned by you. Stop putting words in my mouth. And those images were taken from Famon and his citing how Serena could have been more interesting, so if you really want to blame anyone, blame him, especially when unlike me, he actually does think Serena should be more like Misty. And personally, I could care less if Serena is more like Misty in any case. So long as she's NOT of the type used in Love Hina or Battle Vixens or Maron (Krillin's first girlfriend) from Dragon Ball Z, or even Kandi from Two and a Half Men) (or for a Pokémon-related episode, the Fiorello Fangirls from the episode Princess vs. Princess) or otherwise a militant misandrist feminist, she could be girly for all I care.

And BTW, there were a lot of instances where Ash's actions were definitely intentional, even if it was the result of his not thinking things through. Pidgeotto and Caterpie is a good example (and please don't claim one-offs were exempted, especially when you count them for other characters, including pretty much all the girl characters as well as Brock, Cilan, Max, Clemont, and the like.). What would be unintentional is something like tripping and accidentally getting Misty's pants down, or his tripping and it accidentally setting of a Spearow flock against him as a result.

So honestly, just stop with this. Besides, Misty more often than not actually tries to help Ash, and she certainly treated him far better and far more like a friend than Naru Narusegawa and the other Love Hina girls did to Keitaru Urashima (who unlike Ash, actually doesn't deserve any of the punishments and abuse they afflict onto him).

I'm sorry for having to say this, but it really has to be said: you're a hypocrite. Had I been you and gave up on various main characters for even the most minor of infractions as you yourself said on another topic, I would have given up on Ash a very long time ago, the moment he sicced Caterpie on Pidgeotto and nearly got him killed at the earliest. Actually, scratch that, maybe when he got Pikachu endangered by hitting a Spearow in the head with a rock. I really don't want to call names, but you unfortunately are matching the definition by your behavior. And honestly, either you or Famon were the ones who brought Misty into this topic. All I did was respond to you, and I also get irritated whenever you actually dismiss ANY characters as the worst ever for even minor infractions especially when you conveniently ignore that rule with Ash. Like I said, if I lived by your rules, I would have given up on the show by the first episode, if not the third. Just go worship Wesley Crusher or Ritchie, for all I care, since by your behavior, you definitely are the type to do that. And either way, drop it. Don't mention Misty at all, or Serena, or ANYTHING like that, and DON'T mention anything that comes close to implying that you view Ash as being virtually perfect.

Anyways, my point still stands regarding what I care about Ash, which is he needs to win a league, actually revisit the Pokémon he has released and promised to meet again (ie, Butterfree, Pidgeot, maybe Primeape as well).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016

Definitely sexist. I seriously hope this show hasn't changed your opinion of women...

Uhh...

The only thing Ash is truly guity of is showing no remorse towards Team Rocket.

And no, Ash isn't Jesus Christ (and that isn't even a fair comparison), Red is.

What lol? I could say the exact same thing to you.

It's also a show used to advertise the games they put out. The writers won't care about making a show with a cohesive story with visual growth and original and inventive plots. If you're looking for a show that has the storytelling caliber of something like Legend of Korra, you need to look elsewhere.

I don't have enough evidence to cry out foul play, but I can detect intentional set up.

Now the whole show is a conspiracy?

If a protagonist manages to rise past his rookie mistakes and develop some redeeming qualities for some amount of time, snap him back to stupid, give him some new flaws (even some mundane ones that are quite trivial to the plot), and have the female lead go to town on him through verbal tounge-lashing or physical abuse over the slightest infraction.

Just because someone moves past their rookie mistakes, it doesn't make them perfect. It was really only Misty and Iris that truly verbally "abused" him, though even I can't say "you're such a kid" qualifies as verbal abuse.

Where did this come from?

I guess Misty had no redeeming qualities whatsoever?

So I guess I'll end with this

So far, I've gotten nothing but more bad blood out of this anime than I needed

If you've gotten nothing but bad blood from a children's anime, then why are you still watching and posting on forums related to said anime if you know you won't like it. If you've been watching from the beginning or at least have watched all episodes from beginning to present, that should be a good enough track record to tell the show won't change.

I'll bite, I agree that it isn't a good anime story-wise. For me, it's nothing more than a 22 minute enjoyment to clear my mind while watching game characters animated using the latest animation tools. The point is, if you don't enjoy it, why bother torturing yourself?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Definitely sexist. I seriously hope this show hasn't changed your opinion of women...

Yeah, I agree. I'd understand more as well as be a lot more sympathetic if he was talking about Love Hina (where the girls actually do beat up and enact extreme retribution against Keitaru Urashima for things he wasn't even at fault for. In fact, I'd even argue Misty would have been flat out disgusted with the Hinata Inn girls for their treatment of him.), but Pokémon? I think Pokémon is one of the few franchises where the girls do gripe against something the guy does that the guy is actually at fault for. I'm not sympathetic to misandrists myself, but even I wouldn't become misogynistic for women acting even slightly bad.

What lol? I could say the exact same thing to you.

Yeah, me too.

It's also a show used to advertise the games they put out. The writers won't care about making a show with a cohesive story with visual growth and original and inventive plots. If you're looking for a show that has the storytelling caliber of something like Legend of Korra, you need to look elsewhere.

Well, to be fair, the Original Series did originally care about making a show with a cohesive story with visual growth and original and intensive plots, but yeah, I agree.

Just because someone moves past their rookie mistakes, it doesn't make them perfect.

Yeah, I agree. Heck, there are plenty of instances where Ash made some mistakes despite not being a rookie anymore (not rookie mistakes, of course [Barring BW, that is], but mistakes nonetheless).

It was really only Misty and Iris that truly verbally "abused" him, though even I can't say "you're such a kid" qualifies as verbal abuse.

Yeah, and even with Misty, using the term "abuse" to describe her interactions with Ash is way too much of an exaggeration, as most of the times she does that were actually for stuff Ash did wrong (I definitely know she was in the right for telling Ash off for nearly getting his Caterpie killed senselessly regarding Pidgeotto, for one thing), not to mention she does in fact strongly support him regardless (heck, she even offered to let Ash borrow her Water Pokémon so he'd have a fighting chance against Brock).

If you've gotten nothing but bad blood from a children's anime, then why are you still watching and posting on forums related to said anime if you know you won't like it. If you've been watching from the beginning or at least have watched all episodes from beginning to present, that should be a good enough track record to tell the show won't change.

Yeah, I agree. It's pointless to even comment on here if you don't like it.

I'll bite, I agree that it isn't a good anime story-wise. For me, it's nothing more than a 22 minute enjoyment to clear my mind while watching game characters animated using the latest animation tools. The point is, if you don't enjoy it, why bother torturing yourself?

Yeah, at least I'm not actually watching XY or BW anyways. And I don't even watch AG or DP anyhow. I will say the Original Series was pretty good, but the rest definitely weren't that good.

Years
I have to say the fist Ash form the first series release on television he is far the most confident and number 1 Ash.

Kind regards,

Wondermeow

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2016
You guys are broken records. Let's just close this thread, since there's nothing left to say. It's not like the writers are ever going to listen to any of us, so there's no point.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Ok, this thread is about your perfect version of Ash, it's not the "catch-all personal views of the anime" thread. I'd recommend dropping the argument or at least having it stay on topic rather than bringing up things like sexism or why someone shouldn't be posting here or your expectations of the female traveling companions, to name a few.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Ok, this thread is about your perfect version of Ash, it's not the "catch-all personal views of the anime" thread. I'd recommend dropping the argument or at least having it stay on topic rather than bringing up things like sexism or why someone shouldn't be posting here or your expectations of the female traveling companions, to name a few.

Yeah, and at this point, the only thing I even care about regarding improving Ash is making sure he actually WINS a league for once, especially a game league since for some reason the Orange Islands doesn't count, as well as actually making sure he actually revisits Pidgeot, Butterfree, and the other Pokémon he said he'd revisit yet never did. As long as he does those things, I'll be content.

EDIT: Oh, and actually depict Ash as a skilled trainer who knows what he is doing, especially after the mess that was BW.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jan 15, 2015
An Ash who disappears into the sunset =3 that would be my perfect Ash.

Ok, ok. An Ash who has the capacity to learn from things would be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
You guys are broken records. Let's just close this thread, since there's nothing left to say. It's not like the writers are ever going to listen to any of us, so there's no point.

So why are you still here then?

My intentions for reentering this thread were incorrect, and I apologize.

On topic, I'm not sure if I've seen anyone mention an aging Ash. The timeline in the anime is so messed up, so if there was realistic aging in general, it could open up plenty of doors for Ash to mature further as well as go back and interact with characters he'd previously encountered. For example, going back and having the battle against Max that he promised.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 1, 2015
An Ash with a decent team like this, which would probably never lose at a conference.

Pikachu Lv100 @ Light Orb
Static
Brave Nature
252 SpAtk
252 Spd
4 HP
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Tackle
-Iron Tail
-Electro Ball

Charizard Lv100 @ Charizardite Y
Blaze/Drought(M)
Modest Nature
252 SpAtk
252 SpDef
4 HP
-Flamethrower
-Fire Blast
-Seismic Toss
-Rock Slide

Snorlax Lv100 @ Leftovers
Thick Fat
Hasty Nature
252 HP
252 Def
4 SpDef
-Stockpile
-Swallow
-Spit Up
-Rest

Sceptile Lv100 @ Razor Claw
Careful Nature
Overgrow
252 Atk
252 Spd
4 HP
-Leaf Blade
-Solarbeam
-Synthesis
-Extremespeed

Garchomp (From Gible) Lv100 @ Dragon Fang
Sand Veil
252 Sp.Atk
252 Spd
4 HP
Naughty Nature
-Sandstorm
-Outrage
-Dig
-Dragon Pulse

Staraptor Lv100 @ Sharp Beak
-Intimidate
252 Atk
252 Spd
4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Fly
-Brave Bird
-Drill Peck
-Roost

As i said, he would never, ever lose. EVER, with this team. Having never watched B/W I don't know which Pokemon to take from that.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 5, 2015
Not sure if "incredibly smart" and "immature" goes well together... "incredibly smart" people aren't "immature", they just act like that.

So you're saying that an incredibly smart person cannot be immature?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Hayv does have a point. As much as I hated the film Amadeus for several reasons, Mozart, no doubt a brilliant conductor, was most certainly depicted as a huge idiot and manchild more than a few times (like his introductory scene where he was making lewd comments to his fiancée like "eat my..." well, eat my defecation to keep it kid friendly.).

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Not sure if "incredibly smart" and "immature" goes well together... "incredibly smart" people aren't "immature", they just act like that.

Hayv does have a point. As much as I hated the film Amadeus for several reasons, Mozart, no doubt a brilliant conductor, was most certainly depicted as a huge idiot and manchild more than a few times (like his introductory scene where he was making lewd comments to his fiancée like "eat my..." well, eat my defecation to keep it kid friendly.).

Actually , Being Immature is a sign of being genius .
Its because all the genius of world were Irrational & Immature , They able to invent great thing and progress Mankind .
Mature people are just too mature to take risk and do great thing.
If Everyone in the world were Mature Then We will still live in a Cave Because nobody is immature & irrational enough to take Risk , Go Outside and try dangerous thing to progress Mankind .

Truth is , All Mature People are idiots ! All they do is stop Genius from doing great thing.
Rationality & Maturity often hold others back !
Thats Why I want a strong , Smart , Sharp and Overpowerfull Immature Ash !!!
BW Ash was actually mature but dumb.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaad the pooooooooost again. *hypnotizing*
You may notice that you misinterpreted the meaning.

"Not sure if "incredibly smart" and "immature" goes well together... "incredibly smart" people aren't "immature", they just act like that."

Yeah, well, tell that to that bad movie "Amadeus" where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was pretty obviously depicted as a huge manchild and a boorish, lewd, irreverent, and petulant idiot (to the extent that his debut scene had him playing a crass word game with his fiancée and laughing childishly whenever she translated one of his crass statements accurately), to such an extent that it's a wonder that his music is even reputed to make people smarter.

And frankly, Ash was immature and a total idiot in BW from what I've heard of him (honestly, even Indigo League Ash was smarter than BW Ash, and at least Indigo League Ash had his newbie status as an excuse). We really need a character who actually knows what he is doing.

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
We really need a character who actually knows what he is doing.
Certain episodes and stupid writing moments like Raimon Gym aside, Satoshi has been presented as someone who's known what he's doing - when it comes to Pokémon battles, anyway - since, at least, the end of the Orange Islands. He'll still lose and make mistakes from time to time (as will most people in life, because that's what people do), but he's also pulled off some amazing stunts as a trainer. Satoshi always ranks highly in Pokémon Leagues, has defeated legendaries, and has earned the respect and praise of trainers ranging from experienced Gym Leaders to members of the Elite 4. His last Gym battle ended with him beating a Mega Lucario. Satoshi's not the greatest or strongest trainer out there, he probably never will be, but he certainly knows what he's doing most of the time.

I think what Satoshi needs most at the moment is a challenge that'll frequently frustrate him on his journey, so as to effectively show us how much stronger he's growing. One of the many reasons I love Satoshi's final victory over Shinji is that it only comes after an entire series of Satoshi constantly struggling with, and losing to, Shinji and seeing how much that bothered him and how determined he was to finally catch up to Shinji and prove that his training methods could work. It's a moment that Satoshi actually earns, and it shows how much stronger he and his Pokémon had gotten throughout Sinnoh (they had always failed against Shinji before). And while Shigeru himself wasn't much, in the OS we got to see a lot of episodes about how much Satoshi had to learn about being a trainer beforehand. His improvement in the Jouto League, and his victory over Shigeru with the same Lizardon that cost him his first Pokémon League, is a great moment for the franchise because we know how much stronger Satoshi has had to get. And because of that, one gets the feeling that he's not the rookie trainer who started that series anymore.

XY doesn't have anything like those, and it's making Satoshi's journey especially boring. He's being presented as a good trainer for the most part, but - aside from some small-scale challenges - he doesn't have any big obstacles to overcome. I had this exact same problem with Advanced Generation, as I've mentioned before. It's not fun if he's just going from Gym Leader to Gym Leader with nothing else. And as I've said in another thread, Mega Evolution would have been a great way to provide that. Mega Evolution is a test of the bond between a trainer and their Pokémon, and Satoshi has been all about demonstrating the power of that bond since the first episode where he risked himself to save Pikachu from the Onisuzume. It would make for an interesting arc for him to actually struggle with bringing out the power of that bond, like Corni and Lucario did in their storyline, over the course of the XY anime in order to be able to use the new power effectively. I would much rather see Satoshi and Jukain go through that than him just catching another regular Kalos Pokémon to fill his last slot. I'm still hoping the writers go in a similar direction in the future.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Certain episodes and stupid writing moments like Raimon Gym aside, Satoshi has been presented as someone who's known what he's doing - when it comes to Pokémon battles, anyway - since, at least, the end of the Orange Islands. He'll still lose and make mistakes from time to time (as will most people in life, because that's what people do), but he's also pulled off some amazing stunts as a trainer. Satoshi always ranks highly in Pokémon Leagues, has defeated legendaries, and has earned the respect and praise of trainers ranging from experienced Gym Leaders to members of the Elite 4. His last Gym battle ended with him beating a Mega Lucario. Satoshi's not the greatest or strongest trainer out there, he probably never will be, but he certainly knows what he's doing most of the time.

I think what Satoshi needs most at the moment is a challenge that'll frequently frustrate him on his journey, so as to effectively show us how much stronger he's growing. One of the many reasons I love Satoshi's final victory over Shinji is that it only comes after an entire series of Satoshi constantly struggling with, and losing to, Shinji and seeing how much that bothered him and how determined he was to finally catch up to Shinji and prove that his training methods could work. It's a moment that Satoshi actually earns, and it shows how much stronger he and his Pokémon had gotten throughout Sinnoh (they had always failed against Shinji before). And while Shigeru himself wasn't much, in the OS we got to see a lot of episodes about how much Satoshi had to learn about being a trainer beforehand. His improvement in the Jouto League, and his victory over Shigeru with the same Lizardon that cost him his first Pokémon League, is a great moment for the franchise because we know how much stronger Satoshi has had to get. And because of that, one gets the feeling that he's not the rookie trainer who started that series anymore.

XY doesn't have anything like those, and it's making Satoshi's journey especially boring. He's being presented as a good trainer for the most part, but - aside from some small-scale challenges - he doesn't have any big obstacles to overcome. I had this exact same problem with Advanced Generation, as I've mentioned before. It's not fun if he's just going from Gym Leader to Gym Leader with nothing else. And as I've said in another thread, Mega Evolution would have been a great way to provide that. Mega Evolution is a test of the bond between a trainer and their Pokémon, and Satoshi has been all about demonstrating the power of that bond since the first episode where he risked himself to save Pikachu from the Onisuzume. It would make for an interesting arc for him to actually struggle with bringing out the power of that bond, like Corni and Lucario did in their storyline, over the course of the XY anime in order to be able to use the new power effectively. I would much rather see Satoshi and Jukain go through that than him just catching another regular Kalos Pokémon to fill his last slot. I'm still hoping the writers go in a similar direction in the future.

I was referring to moments like how in the beginning of BW he actually mistook a human being like Iris for an Axew despite it being extremely obvious that she isn't. Even Kanto Ash never made such an idiotic mistake like that (the closest he came to doing that was with Officer Jenny in the Kangaskhan Kid episode, and even THAT was at least justified because she was wearing a Chansey hat and the rest of her was hidden inside the bushes, while this wasn't as Iris wasn't hidden, her height alone made very clear she was NOT an Axew, and she didn't even have anything on at all that even made her look like such). The battles in BW were just the tip of the iceberg, and although I myself hated how AG did the Gym Leaders (and based on what you said about BW, apparently what it did was even worse), at least Ash actually showed himself to know what he was doing right there, and did not make any egregriously stupid moves unlike how he met Iris.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Ash is suppose to be your typical shonen protagonist, who is hot-headed but reckless most of the time but will win a fight through sheer willpower. He's wise up since the Kanto days, only to revert back to his old rookie self in the Unova saga. There's nothing wrong about having a wiser Ash while still retaining his hot-blooded personality - for the sake of his archetype, which I believe is the best version.

Back