• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Ash do you want?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 10, 2015
I want the dense ash.
the ash of indigo league who is oblivious of the things which is happening around him.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2015
I want an adult Ash who is a pokemon master, famous for his skill. One who grew up and fulfilled his dream and meets a the series new heroine. A girl specifically, because it's been about a boy for over 15 years. I know it'll never happen, though...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
How Many of You Watched Ben 10 Omniverse ???
Because , I think The Ideal Ash Ketchum should be like Ben Tennison (Ben 10 Omniverse).
Lets be honest , Original Ash was just as mischievous , gluttonous and Ego Maniac as Original Ben.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
The anime has in last time low raiting in japanese tv.
That can be a cold shower for the writer of the show and maybe hope for their change mind.
I hope the future episodes of pokemon have more humorous and comedy scenes like the original series.
That is another one point what is missing on pokemon anime.

Years
I'd like to see Ash age even slighty, learn how to battle like an Ace Trainer instead of teaching his pokemon multiple STABs and not evolving them like a Noob and not cry at the slightest emotional thing. Every movie he crys like a little girl and that BW: Advetures in Unova where he cried about that Butterfree he barely even knew leaving? Seriously, is he just a big crybaby?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I'd like to see Ash age even slighty, learn how to battle like an Ace Trainer instead of teaching his pokemon multiple STABs and not evolving them like a Noob and not cry at the slightest emotional thing. Every movie he crys like a little girl and that BW: Advetures in Unova where he cried about that Butterfree he barely even knew leaving? Seriously, is he just a big crybaby?

Odd... I don't recall him crying in Mewtwo Strikes back. I certainly don't recall him crying in Temple of the Sea, either.

That being said, if he did indeed cry when he released that Butterfree in the Decolore Islands, that actually is bad. At least with Ash's Butterfree, it's understandable, as it was his first caught Pokémon so he does have a huge emotional attachment to him. Ash barely even knew that Butterfree, so he had no real reason to bawl for it's departure, even if it was a bit deja vu to his own Butterfree.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I want Super strong , smart , Sharp and Competent Ash who Bizarre childish stuff that cause others to look down upon him .
Such as ----

---- Putting a Tantrum over silly thing .

---- Get obsessed over silly stuff like an Action figure , Ice Cream and Toys .

---- Showing ''Brutal honesty'' to the point of saying unpleasant thing to people .

---- Forgetting sudden people name to anger them .

----Act a little selfish .

---- Trying Dangerous stunt for fun.

---- Always trying to get everyone attention .

---- Always Claiming himself as the Best like an Narcissist.

---- Sometime joking with other people .

---- Act completely dense and Clueless to Sudden people taunt.

---- Get scolded by Clemont alongside Bonnie for their immaturity ! Or may be Serena should be the one scolding him .

FYI : Maturity doesn't mean smartness. Most Mature people are stupid as They are afraid to try great thing in life because of their Maturity . That why , Most great people in History were immature .

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 5, 2015
I would love an L - Ash fusion. It would instantly make the anime 100 better for me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2015
I want Super strong , smart , Sharp and Competent Ash who Bizarre childish stuff that cause others to look down upon him .
Such as ----

---- Putting a Tantrum over silly thing .

---- Get obsessed over silly stuff like an Action figure , Ice Cream and Toys .

---- Showing ''Brutal honesty'' to the point of saying unpleasant thing to people .

---- Forgetting sudden people name to anger them .

----Act a little selfish .

---- Trying Dangerous stunt for fun.

---- Always trying to get everyone attention .

---- Always Claiming himself as the Best like an Narcissist.

---- Sometime joking with other people .

---- Act completely dense and Clueless to Sudden people taunt.

---- Get scolded by Clemont alongside Bonnie for their immaturity ! Or may be Serena should be the one scolding him .

FYI : Maturity doesn't mean smartness. Most Mature people are stupid as They are afraid to try great thing in life because of their Maturity . That why , Most great people in History were immature .

So you want a Naruto post war skill level character with Vegeta and 12 ys old Naruto's worst character traits incarnated into Satoshi. So, a jerk***, arrogant, overly impulsive, prone to anger outbursts, butt monkey, retard-level dense and... well, all of the worst traits from Vejita. Forgot to add prone to go into fistfights against everyone who insults or calls out to him.

Men, I don't think that could work. Japs. doesn't see onto an attention seeker with psychopath tendencies. Given the tendecy of the franchise to pander to a Shounen/Seinen audience (at least on the games), maybe an loner veteran god-like Satoshi would be a better option. Yeah, still dense (but opening up to feelings at some point), but jaded, god-like skilled, unsensitive, awfully blunt and prone to anger outbursts when he is confronted about very sensitive topics from him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So you want a Naruto post war skill level character with Vegeta and 12 ys old Naruto's worst character traits incarnated into Satoshi. So, a jerk***, arrogant, overly impulsive, prone to anger outbursts, butt monkey, retard-level dense and... well, all of the worst traits from Vejita. Forgot to add prone to go into fistfights against everyone who insults or calls out to him.

Men, I don't think that could work. Japs. doesn't see onto an attention seeker with psychopath tendencies. Given the tendecy of the franchise to pander to a Shounen/Seinen audience (at least on the games), maybe an loner veteran god-like Satoshi would be a better option. Yeah, still dense (but opening up to feelings at some point), but jaded, god-like skilled, unsensitive, awfully blunt and prone to anger outbursts when he is confronted about very sensitive topics from him.

Atleast , Ash is more Similar to Naruto then Takeru (Digimon Adventure)
Both of them Were Underdog that aimed for the highest Position in the World.
Naruto aimed to be a Hokage and Ash aimed to be a Pokemon Master.

Also , I want The Ash that act like an Actual 10 year old Kid ! Not some Saint or Good Boy .

All the thing I mention in my earlier Post are the trait of A 10 year old Kid .
Hack , Even Teenager has those Trait in them. Example : Ben tennison (Ben 10) , Keima (The world God only Knows)
Being A Kid doesn't mean talking excitingly and running in the street Doing ''Yayyyyyyyy''
Do you know Why Youkai Watch is more Popular then Pokemon in Japan ??
Because The Protagonist Keita act like an Actual Kid So Kids can relate to him.
Keita has both Positive and Negative side in him !
While Ash act like The Perfect '''Good Boy'' that their parent want So Kid feel disgusted by Ash now . Because he's not the Ash They want , Its the Ash that their parent wants them to be .
The Original Series was Popular because all Character (Ash , Brock , Misty , Gary , Prof Oak) had Bizarre Personality .

Currently , Ash's Character seem similar to A Not So Special Visual Harem Protagonist that score Every Girl with their Infinite Kindness .
And believe me , Visual Harem Protagonist are by far the worst , Boring and Most annoying Protagonist.
To the point the Fans prefer Harem Protagonist that is complete Opposite to those Typical Harem Anime Protagonist .

You may think that Kids Love Perfect Good Boy like Takeru (Digimon Adventure) But they does not like them ! They likes a Kid protagonist that act like a Kid.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

Hmm... putting it that way, I guess that actually IS a bad characterization of Ash, even worse than BW Ash, actually. Even most ten year olds don't match that kind of description unless they were either psychopaths or otherwise.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Hmm... putting it that way, I guess that actually IS a bad characterization of Ash, even worse than BW Ash, actually. Even most ten year olds don't match that kind of description unless they were either psychopaths or otherwise.

Do you know that you just called every single Shounen Protagonist a Psychopath ???
Because most of those Characterization are found in Shounen Protagonist.
Even Teenagers act that way , Not just children !
Or may be , You misunderstood them .
For example : Ash throwing a tantrum over silly thing--
Spoiler:

Also Being Obsessed over silly , Brutal Honestly , Forgetting people name and Denseness in all common trait of Luffy , Natsu & Goku .
You can find rest of other trait on Ben tennison , Naruto and Edward elric.

Also , Do you think Current Ash is totally different then BW Ash ?
News flash : Current Ash is just the smarter version of BW Ash ! There is no other difference between them except their Competency.

I think , You seeing thing from Normal point of view ! But Pokemon is an Anime .
There is no place for ''Normal'' or ''Rationality'' in Anime .
That Why , Original Kento series was popular because the whole series was bizarre and crazy .
But Pokemon started to become less crazy and more Logical which cause the downfall of Pokemon popularity.
That why the Audience want !
That Why , Youkai watch is So Popular Because the series is absolutely crazy & Bizarre !
That Why this Show need Ash to do Smart thing in a Bizarre and crazy way !

Back