• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Kind Of Japanese Music Do You Listen To?

Ru-Kun

bleh...
    Years
    I mainly listen to J-Pop and I pretty much only listen to Hello Project groups. My favorite would have to be Berryz Kobo, Ice Creamusume, and Morning Musume. I'm actually listening to a song by Morning Musume right now!

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    Most Japanese music I listen to is anime related... I'm such a nerd. >.>

I have a new obsession with Character Songs. I didn't even know they existed until a while ago. But most of them are so darn catchy! If I haven't seen the show, I probably won't listen to the songs though. :P

.Chocolate.

n_n no.
    Years
    I listen to:
    High and Mighty Color, with the old Makii. I don't like the new singer.
    Nightmare
    this one band...They made the song, "What's up People." I forgot the name just now.
    An Cafe sometimes.
    POKEMON MUSIC LAWLZ. Hey some pokemon music are somewhat japanese..ish. Like Ho-Oh's theme from HG/SS.>.>
    YUI! I love her.<3 She's such a good singer.

So I listen to pretty much Japanese rock than pop.

Years
    I listen to Korean music normally, so I really only know of Korean artists that have done Japanese songs/albums, such as:

• Younha [Go! Younha]
    • Big Bang [BIGBANG]
    • BoA [Valenti]
    My favorite albums' titles are in the parenthesis.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    I listen to the opening music to all my fav animes

-beggining music of full metal alchemast
    -begining music of bleach
    -begining music of episode 45 Shugo Chara

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
    the Japanese artists i listen to are capsule (i have downloaded a couple of their albums) and Exile
    i have heard a few other songs but have no idea who sings them (i can't read Japanese very good)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Teiyaki Boyz SOUL'D OUT are my faves.Love Heartsdales too. Mainly J Pop and Rap.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    A lot of random stuff. Mostly anime OSTs, though. Like the person above me said, SOUL'D OUT and Teriyaki Boyz are fun. And Heartsdales. ^^

I also love Orange Range and BACK-ON.

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    this one band...They made the song, "What's up People." I forgot the name just now.

You're thinking of Maximum the Hormone, which I also adore. Especially "Chu Chu Lovely Muni Muni Mura Mura Purin Purin Boron Nurururerorero."
    Let's not forget abingdon boys school, which has brought us the lovely "Innocent Sorrow" and "Fre@k $HoW." And Girugamesh ~ So mostly J-Rock.

Rizuza

Princess of Cuteness
    Years
    I like Anime songs, J-Pop, and J-Rock.

Although, I don't know many artists in the Japanese culture. ^^; I just listen via streaming on last.fm~ Random streaming ;D

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
    I also listen to ;
    Keiko Fuji
    Miyuu Sawai

I only found out those tow because Keiko's Daughter Is Hikaru Utada and Miyuu is from PGSM.(Usagi)

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I listen to Japanese music mostly because of Anime openings. I find out about a song I like and listen to the bands other song. I only listen to Japanese rock though, it's the most appealing genre to me and at it's best, Japanese rock is better than normal rock. My favourite bands are probably Nobodyknows+ and Aqua Timez.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Lots of Japanese instrumental rock and soundtracks really. There are a few alternative and heavy bands (HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR, Envy...)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Generally can't stand any form of Visual Kei, but I do love SID.
    I thought that was just an image, not a genre...?
    Granted, most of the bands I've listed here fall into that image category... xD;
    But I'm not sure what affect it has on the actual music.

Most of the bands are either rock or metal:

• Ali Project
    • Kanon Wakeshima
    • Isao Tomita
    • SID
    • Versailles
    • Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
    • Matenrou Opera
    • Alice Nine
    • Megamasso
    • Lynch
    • Exist Trace
    • Supercell
    • Malice Mizer
    • Moi dix Mois
    • Schwarz Stein
    I also listen to a ton of Anime OSTs, not included in that list.

Last edited:
    Back