• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What kind of pokeball did you use to capture Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza and why?

What pokeball did you use to capture Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza?

• Total voters

Marx_Ultra

Back in Black!
Years
  • It took me many tries, but I was successful at capturing Kyogre in a great ball. My bro says that ultra balls fail at capturing legendaries. So I took his advice and used the great ball. Why the great ball specifically? I wanted to capture Kyogre in something that matched its colors (red,white,blue... lol patriotic). And after many grueling resets, close calls, and fainting, I finally did it. No net balls necessary! :D I have HG, so I still have yet to capture Rayquaza. My emerald Groudon doesn't work... :'(

lusterclaw

learning trainer
    Years
  • im just want to catch kyogre with my 9 master balls that i traded from my pearl im going to catch rayquaza with a master ball as well

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
  • hmm i caught groudon with a ultraball now im goin to catch rayquaza with a ultraball hehe coz im a big fan of rayquaza as u can tell on my Avartar

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I caught Groudon with a Heavy Ball.

Why?

Because he's over 2000 freakin' pounds~ ♥

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    ^ Considering that I caught both the Level 70 Pokemon in Pokeballs, I don't see why it'll be impossible~

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Why have you got a poll where you can only choose a single option? There are two (or three, if you have both games) legendaries to catch, so a poll where you can select more than one choice would have been better.

Anyway, though I haven't actually unlocked them yet, Kyogre will be caught in a Great Ball, and Rayquaza in a Luxury Ball. For the simple reasons that a Great Ball matches Kyogre's colours exactly (white bottom, and blue top with red decorations), and similarly, Luxury Ball is an exact match for a shiny Rayquaza.

Not sure what to go for on my brother's Groudon, though. It's a shame you can't get Cherish Balls; maybe I'll try getting it in a Repeat Ball.

torcoal

Ketsu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2013
    I'm a gonna use Heavy balls on Groudon. For obvious reasons.
    Hello,HEAVEST POKEMON IN THE ENTIRE GAME!!!!!

platinum dragonite

Dragon Tamer & Shiny Collector
    Years
  • i used a master ball on rayquaza and groudon but then i used a ultra ball on kyogre (i was out of ultra balls and didnt want to turn it off because of the glitch of the groudon not being there)

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • theyre level 50.

i caught them in pokeballs too~

He means Lugia/Ho-Oh (depending on the game) and Mewtwo. They are both level 70. I have them as well :p and in pokeballs XD

I caught Kyogre in a level ball, with my level 100 Arceus out front. I'll probably do the same with Groudon and Rayquaza. However, Fast ball possibly on Rayquaza (or Luxury for color reasons) and Heavy ball on Groudon.

Azumin

Trader/RNGer. ^-^
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I caught them with pokeballs, just for kicks and giggles. :D

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
  • I used a heavy ball on Kyogre because it added 20 to catch rate because of his weight.
    Groudon=super easy to catch with heavy ball because it adds 40 to catch rate.
    Rayquaza I haven't gotten around to yet because neither of my friends have caught their groundon yet...
    :[

Back