• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What kind of Pokemon trainer would you be?

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    If we're talking Trainer Class, I'll go with Gentleman. They're always dressed nicely and their Pokemon are more of the companion sort than strong ones, such as Growlithe, Manectric, Chatot, etc. They also pay nicely upon defeat, so whenever I'm playing Pokemon, no matter how quickly I'm trying to beat the game, I'll always give a doff of the hat to a fellow Gentleman and have a battle :)

Years
  • I can totally see myself attending a Trainer School where I would hone my battling skills. In real life, battling would definitely be much more variant and dynamic, with lots of elements our turn-based game simply can't account for. I'd learn as much as I could about battling as an art and I'd raise two or three partners before venturing off.

If it turns out I have a knack for it, I'd definitely attempt the gym and Elite Four challenges. If not, I'd still probably battle and bond with my Pokemon, taking in great sights and getting to know other trainers. Having a few friends with similar free-roaming goals would be super fun!

WHY CAN'T POKEMON EXIST.

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
  • My goal would be to have my favorite Pokemon on a team. Maybe I would enter the Pokemon league just for kicks but I wouldn't win.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I would probably do something like trying to be the strongest, despite how generic of a response that might be. Either that or it'd be to see and capture all the pokemon out there. One of the two, plausibly both. At that point I wouldn't see a reason to try out the League. This just sounds more generic the more I type...

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I'd probably just get close with a few of my favorite Pokemon and travel. I'd probably battle casually, maybe challenge a gym every once and a while just for the heck of it, but I'd be pretty casual and laid back.

I'm assuming employment isn't necessary for whatever inexplicable reason it's not in the games/anime.

Nakala Pri

I'd probably be highly arrogant, battle a lot and push myself and my Pokemon to the extreme. I'd have a full team, but I'd take one under my wing, sorta like Ash. :D

And I'd travel through all of the regions! >8D

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I'd probably be more involved with the breeding/collecting aspect of raising Pokemon than the battling, although I would likely still do some of that. And by 'collecting' I really just mean acquiring all of my favorites, I've never been invested in the Pokedex.

Rylee Xylph

Fairy Tale Boy
    Years
  • I would probably travel and battle, maybe take on the league? I'd be more interested in having fun and meeting new people and pokémon, rather than actually trying to achieve anything

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I'll probably would like to travel, region to region, competing in contests with my best pals, taking the world by flair, and maybe get a badge or two, while I'm at it. :3

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I'd probably just take four or five favourites as travelling companions.
    I just couldn't see myself battling; I don't have the personality required for contests and completing the Pokédex just doesn't appeal to me - only able to take out six at a time? Plenty of Pokémon would just get forgotten.

As for what I'd take with me? Absol is a must. Any of the Ralts line, Glaceon/Vulpix, maybe Murkrow?
    Thinking about it, they're all pretty good choices for it. Absol could predict all kinds of stuff, so I could get my arse out of there, I've got the defensiveness of the Ralts line, Murkrow would prevent me from getting lost (looking at the area from a different angle) and the other two are there to be a nice bundle of fluff :3

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • I would probably catch Pokemons of each type(Normal,Fighting,Flying,Poison,Ground,Rock,Bug,Ghost,Steel,Fire,Water,Grass,Psychic,Electric,Ice,Dragon,Dark and Fairy) and Become Pokemon Master :)

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • I'd probably strive to be an Ace Trainer, although I doubt that I would be interested in competing in the Pokemon League.

classicpaul64

PokeTuber
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    If I were to be a Pokemon trainer, I would have to be a Veteran. Not so much for the old man looks (I ain't old yet xD), but because often times when I see new players who just got into the game in a recent generation, it makes me reflect when I got into the game back when Red and Blue were first released, and how long I've been with this game.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    I see a lot of people talking about how they would be as a trainer in-game but I couldn't help imagining how it would be if it was closer to the Pokemon world and the real world colliding into one.

I think I'd become my own version of an Aroma Lady, though. As much as I'm not particularly fond of grass types in game for some reason, I'm a huge fan irl of Aromatherapy and would adore having those types of Pokemon to help me in my work and kitchen witchery. :3 I've also always wondered what it would be like to have one of the super cute, snuggly Pokemon as pets (Togepi, Eevee, Happiny, etc) so I know the pet aspect of Pokemon would be a BIG deal for me. I'm a very emotional person so it wouldn't take me long at all to get emotionally attached to my Pokemon and see them as my special babies that I need to protect and take care of and love forever and ever. T-T *ahem* Anywho..

I've always loved the Pokemon Contest aspect of the games, cause realistically speaking it's a non-violent way to still use your Pokemon competitively and focus on their skills and talents. Depending on the Pokemon, I just don't think I would actually have it in me to send them out to battle one another. *shrugs* It's just me I guess, but I can't see that, especially the closer I got to them. I'd have a blast with the contests though! As it is I use every excuse I can to get dressed up.

I'm a huge fan of traveling, so that side of being a trainer I could definitely get into! Traveling the world with my fiance and my Pokemon would be a dream come true.

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    My life would not change, i would catch an cincinno and treat it like a normal pet and then in my free time play video games.

Yvonne

♥ Kalos Queen ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2015
    Maybe a Pokemon Breeder specializing with Eevees, and on the side, compete in Pokemon Contests.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • Catch the ones I like and go exploring and battling. Get through the Gyms at least, but being "the very best" doesn't really interest me.

Maybe be a gym leader, actually- I'd like the challenge of being limited to a single type, but yet still be able to bring a formidable trial to the table during each battle.

Years
  • I'd travel to all four corners of the region in search of a legendary Pokemon to befriend. If they agreed to join me, hopefully one like Jirachi, Mew or Entei, I'd care very well for them. We'd do occasional battles but I wouldn't pursue the League or contests, pretty casual, perhaps as a gym leader with just two or three Pokemon. My main worry would be not paying enough attention to one of my Pokemon, so I couldn't have too many!

Back