• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What looks better shiny or non-shiny Pokemon?

What looks better Shiny or Non-Shiny?

• Shiny

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Non-Shiny

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
  • As a general rule I prefer shinies. Their colors are so vibrant and I just love it. Some of the pokemon got totally screwed though. For example, Dratini and Dragonair's shinies are GORGEOUS, but then they morph into the hideous Dragonite in puss green.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • It depends. There are couple of shinies that I actually like and don't like. Charizard shinie is one of my favorite shinies so far. Some of the other shinies aren't that great.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • What do you guys thinks looks better Shiny or Non-Shiny Umbreon?
    197.gif
    or
    Spr_5b_197_s.png

TheMightyMrPlow

Pokemon N00B!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2011
    As every single post thus far has said, it depends on the species.

With that out of the way, I have two words.

SHINY. CHARIZARD!

ゼクロム

こんにちは!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I dislike shinies. It makes the Pokemon look non-legit.

EDIT: Misread the title. Well, I think shiny mewtwo looks cool.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It really depends on the color between the two, sometimes I prefer their shiny form rather than their original color, vice versa. But all together, I like both shinies and their regular colors.

One Pokémon I do prefer to have in its original color would be Aerodactyl. The pinkish/purplish body with blue wings just doesn't cut it. x_x; As for a shiny form, Tropius has a decent one that I like slightly more than its original color.

Garrabutártulo

A wild Garrabutártulo appears!
    Years
  • I usually like more the non-shinnies. But black charizard... and pink sneasel and crobat... ^^

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • depends on the pokemon. but i love shinys more then regular pokemon mostly. my favorite shiny would have to be gardevoir

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • For the most part, non-shinys. I just like the original color schemes better.

Two exceptions that come to mind are purple Kyogre and chrome Metagross. With those two I do prefer the shiny edition.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
    Years
  • It depends solely on what Pokemon it is. If it's one shiny I have always liked it would be Swellow because it actually has a good color scheme that matches. One I'd have to say I don't like is a shiny Dragonite because it looks like some sort of color inverted version of Barney and I really prefer the original over the shiny form.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    I pretty much always prefer non-shiny Pokemon. I mean. If I see a shiny, cool. I'll catch it. It's rare as hell, after all. But like. The non-shiny color schemes were designed to fit the Pokemon. Most shiny color schemes just don't really fit. They look too bright or awkward or jarring, or just not quite as appropriate as the normal color scheme. I prefer shinies that are very similar to common Pokemon, with maybe just a shade or two of difference.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • There are a few shinies that I definitely prefer over the regular ones. To name a few, Ponyta, Gulpin, and Rayquaza.

Then there are some that are HIDEOUS. Like Moltres, Munna, and Carvanha.

Overall, I prefer the regular sprites. There are too many shinies that I just don't like as much.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    There are Pokemons that I prefer in their normal form, while there are also Pokemon that I prefer in their shiny form. So I couldn't really vote between the two.

Dulcet

The epitome of crazy
    Years
  • For me it depends on the pokemon. Some look just plain awful in their shiny forms, while I am in love with others (such as shiny Charizard and Umbreon).

But if I had to choose I would choose non-shinies over shinies.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    It all depends on the pokémon. Some of the shiny sprites have simple or nice color schemes, and some are really vibrant or weirdly schemed that they don't even look real. I like both shiny or non-shiny pokémon but like I said, it really depends on the colors. I love Charizard and Umbreon, they are two of my favorite shinies. Same with Ponyta and Luxray. But some have weird combinations or none at all. If I had to choose though, I'd pick non-shiny because I like more non-shiny color schemes than shiny ones.

Back