• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What looks better shiny or non-shiny Pokemon?

What looks better Shiny or Non-Shiny?

• Shiny

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Non-Shiny

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters

Magmorter

Suffering from Pokerus...
Years
  • What Shiny Pokemon Do You Think Looks Better Than The Original?

So? What pokemon do you think looks better than the original? Try to post a pic of the shiny version too :)

My Favourites are:

Charizard - Machamp - Sealeo- Suicune- Typhlosion-
    006.png
    068.png
    364.png
    245.png
    157.png

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I like Bellossom and Roserade better than the originals. Their colours really suit them, and they just look plain beautiful with those colours. I also love Spinerak and Araidos better, their shinies remind me of skittles XD Makes them look deadly too.

ezekiel112

currently inactive battler
    Years
  • im going to agree with everyone else and say it really depends because some of the shinies are just absolutely horrible coloring...but in regards to another amazing shiny i will say 2 words.. SHINY NINETALES

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
  • I much prefer the original colour Pokemon. Most of those with abnormal colouring are simply strange and un-sightly, almost forcing me back to the ordinary members of the species. There are very few shinys which I can tolerate, let alone force myself to like. However, there is just a single Pokemon in which I really like the different colouring...
    244.png

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • I've never really liked shiny Pokemon no matter what. They're overrated now anyway with people being able to get them so easily through one way or another, so many people have them.

Gamedudebt

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I guess it really depends IMO most Pokemon do look better Shiny, Like Ponyta's blue flame is pretty awesome but on some other Pokemon the colors just don't match and look weird,But overall they look pretty sweet.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Depends on the Pokemon, though the non-shiny colors tend to look a bit better, with the color schemes fitting the designs more often. A lot of the shiny colorations look like they were meant to induce/flaunt the trope of Amazing Technicolor Wildlife, particularly the shiny color schemes with a dominant color of blue, green, or purple.

Rosebud2

My Pokemon is Fight!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2012
    It really depends. Some look cool, like Ponyta's shiny with the blue fire. I like Psyduck too, it's light blue. But then it evolves into Golduck which is just a slightly different, uglier shade of blue. I hate when shinies are only a little different than normal.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I hate when shinies are only a little different than normal.

Yeah, that gets annoying. It's like the sprite artist just moved the Brightness scale slider in Paint.NET or something. The ones that show an adequate and/or drastic difference in coloration IMO show that more thought was put into the shiny coloration.

Sully

advanced trainer
    Years
  • It really depends on what Pokemon you're looking at. I usually prefer the normal version though.

Pika-power

Jesus of Suburbia
    Years
  • Some

Some pokemon, like dragons. Salamence and Dragonite{excuse me, Dragonite AND Salamence} are green. Others simply have just a slight tint to their coloring.

Back