• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What moves did you get using Metronome?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    What moves did you get with Metronome?
    I got:
    Shadow Punch with my Lvl 25 Hitmonchan vs Gary's Alakazam. I was down to my last pokemon, my weak Hitmonchan. Alakazam was in Red health because my Charizard dealt some damage at it. I used Metronome and Ta-Da, I got Shadow Punch, fainting the bish and won against Gary.)
    Tackle
    Splash
    Roar of time (lol)

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    Basically every move in the book. When I got bored back in the early 2000's after beating the Elite 4, I would spend hours with a Clefairy "training" while only using Metronome. It sucked that the move only had 10 PP though.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I remember getting a bunch of random moves each time I use Metronome, but some of the most notable (and hilarious) ones that randomly popped up included: Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Judgment, Sacred Fire and Psycho Boost all coming from a Clefairy or Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss.

Years
  • In Black, when I train my Togekiss he gets very interesting moves from his Metronome. Some interesting ones I can remember include Searing Shot, Ice Beam, Quiver Dance, Hone Claws, Punishment, Fissure and even Dark Void.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • When I was a lad in Sapphire Version, I, er, "discovered" the elemental Hyper Beams (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant) when I had a Mew use Metronome somewhere near Oldale Town. Strangely, these didn't appear in the pre-filled list areas (i.e., the thing you can fill in as a response when Gabby & Ty interview you).

Cue me spending hours training certain Pokemon like Camerupt (or was it Torkoal?) to find out if they could learn Blast Burn. I also spent a long time using Metronome again just so I could confirm that I saw those 3 moves and that it wasn't my mind playing with me (as well as to enjoy their resplendent animations). Thankfully, FireRed and LeafGreen Versions were released and I finally solved the "mystery" with the assistance of the old lady at Cape Brink in the Sevii Islands. :cer_laugh:

I can't remember much of the Metronome moves that I received other than the above, but I'll try to take note of some in the future. I'm typically scared of the move in the Battle Frontier, on the account that some random foe will unleash Explosion on my Pokemon (and as you might know, quite a few Normal-type Pokemon that learn Metronome would get STAB on this :x). On a related note, I recall a time when the move Assist let me use/borrow Kyogre's Water Spout. Great times.

wtf Quiver Dance Togekiss IMBAAAAA!!

I know, right? That's scary stuff. I would freak out if a Blissey somehow managed to perform that feat.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Wanna know what I got with metranome? Okay, last night I was playing Soul Silver goin against Whitney and all I had left was Togepi and it used EXPLOSION, so therefore I didn't get the badge.

Years
  • Whenever I use Metronome I get dumb useless attacks like charm or growl.

When I get good attacks, they usually miss.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I know I've gotten some Aeroblast and Sacred Fire before. I haven't been as lucky in gen V though. So many moves now, more are less useful in most situations than others though, so yeah. Nothing cool then.

Years
  • I also remember my Togekiss getting Searing Shot twice when he used Metronome. I also had Dark Void and Lunar Dance pop up at some point.

Years
  • I've had some interesting moves come out of Metronome. I've had pretty much all of the self-fainting moves (Explosion, Memento, etc.) and battle ending moves (Roar, Teleport, Whirlwind). I also had the unfortunate situation the other day of Metronome using Sunny Day against a wild Rapidash by Mt. Silver, and it used Fire Blast, which was a one hit KO.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm madly in love with Metronome and Assist XD

I'm sure I've gotten all of the attacks possible at least once. Funniest moments is IF the Pokemon is immune to a type of attack, I ALWAYS get the attack the opponent is immune to.

Flash Fire? Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Ember.
    Levitate/Flying? Dig, Magnitude, Mud Bomb
    Ground? Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Fusion Bolt
    Steel? Toxic, Poison Sting, Cross Poison.

Back when you could teach Metronome to a large number of Pokemon I taught it to a Golem, Golem used Metronome, Golem used Fly. I was battling a Tentacool on my way to Cinabar~ Screw logic!

Christianzeo

Mystical Ice-Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    my most funny ones were in Heart Gold, when i just got a munchlax with metronome from the poke walker, and I was training it with nothing but metronome in the first route xD the moves that came up, from my lvl 5 munchlax, were spacial rend, roar of time, sacred fire, metronome(?), and judgement on a poor little lvl 2 sentret xD

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I got Judgement once and that's all I know that's really notable. Other times, they were pretty normal moves like Razor Leaf or Tackle or something.

Mysterious

ahahaha NOPE
    Years
  • I've got Roar of Time and Judgement while spamming Metronome.

But then, 80% of the time I usually get Growl or some silly move that doesn't help me at all.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
  • Well, I always use Metronome and do Metronome battles and tourneys, so I have a lot of 'Metronomed' moves, but here are some of them:

Aeroblast
    Sacred Fire
    Sheer Cold (actually, I get this a lot)
    Fissure
    Fire Blast
    Splash
    Morning Sun
    Recover
    Aromatherapy
    Guillotine
    and many morez!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    the few times i used it in G/S/C i exploded or self-destructed pretty often so...i pretty much stopped using it :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2023
    Just got:
    Thunder(missed)
    Dynamic Punch(didn't miss)
    Wood Hammer( didn't miss)
    Dark Void( missed)
    Fire Fang( didn't miss)
    Absorb
    String Shot
    Double Kick
    Blast Burn