• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What OS do you use?

What Operating System do you use?

• Windows XP

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Windows 7

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Mac OS X

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Linux

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
  • I'm seriously thinking about getting a MacBook, but I'm wondering how much of a pain it is to run Windows under Boot Camp for games an anything that won't run under OSX - I don't want OSX to be a liability. I've always been against it, but I've realised that the hardware is what I need - decent power, small size, good battery life, nice keyboard. Now that Source has been ported to Mac... I don't know... Coming up with $1500 is going to be an issue...

Oh, and:

Please? Zet? Twocows? Anyone?
    There's a problem I've been trying to fix since yesterday. Once it's sorted out, I will.

Years
  • Don't you need a blu ray drive to watch blu ray movies? Or is the video file blu ray?

I can't do anything, I'm just a PC Supporter now.
    Didn't notice, sorry mate.
    There's a problem I've been trying to fix since yesterday. Once it's sorted out, I will.
    Rightio, no pressure.

@donnavannj - I've had trouble running some games with Seven, such as Halo 2. Halo 1 is fine, so go figure?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • you forgot windows 98, but we upgraded it to xp, never wrked much anyways, now not atl all.

well i use windows 7 (family comp). but i used 98/xp/vista/7

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • So your using an iPad and iPhone mostly? (Is that what you mean by iOS 3.2 and iOS 4?)
    Until I get my computer desk and stuff moved in and set up I'm using my iPad for most of my main browsing and Internet related activity. I stuck iOS4 on my iPod Touch before I packed up my computer. Luckily for me my router only requires power and an Ethernet connection so I set that up within the first hour.

Don't you need a blu ray drive to watch blu ray movies? Or is the video file blu ray?
    I actually have an external blu-ray drive. If there was software out there to watch commercial blu-rays on Mac I would have no need for windows, but since there isn't I have to boot camp over to watch blu-rays.

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I use Mac OS X for just about everything but gaming and other programs I can't find for it. Though I also have a gaming PC built with a cheap XP OS I got.

But, I will likely never have a computer specifically for Windows ever again, as Mac OS X has the ability to run Windows/

Years
  • at home I use windows xp home edition, window 7 and windows vista. Window 7 is my last window. I'm not getting windows 8. I don't see the point for it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Desktop: Windows NT 5.1
    Laptop: Windows 4.0

That's XP and 95; I don't get why Microsoft abandoned the numbers then rejoined the idea not quite, at 6.1 (thanks for the correction, donavannj), it's weird.
    I've also got 3.0 install discs I'd like to play with, but no computer I'm willing to kill in the process.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Desktop: Windows NT 5.1
    Laptop: Windows 4.0

That's XP and 95; I don't get why Microsoft abandoned the numbers then rejoined the idea at 7.0, it's weird.
    I've also got 3.0 install discs I'd like to play with, but no computer I'm willing to kill in the process.

It's worth noting that Windows 7 is version 7 in name only. It's actually version 6.1 of Windows.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • I'm still on Vista, but I plan on upgrading to 7 when the time's right. I don't feel much urgency, as Vista hasn't given me much trouble, especially not since I turned off that whole asking-you-for-permission-all-the-time thing.

Glitch.

maybe making a comeback
    Years
  • Windows 7 Home Premium on my new labtop.
    Vista Home Premium on my old labtop.
    Xp on Family Desktop.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Windows XP, but I use Windows 98 at times.

Also, if we were to count the Windows OS (that are actually standalone and widely used) in the order of 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, SP, Vista, and then 7, then Windows 7 is the seventh OS of Windows.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Windows 7 on all my computers. I love it to pieces. (I liked Vista but once I used the beta for 7, I just knew there was no going back. D:) And I never owned a computer with XP on it, really. Or a Mac. (I'd like one just to try out OSX but I can't afford one, baw.)

Tried linux but didn't like it. :(

Years
  • Windows XP, but I use Windows 98 at times.

Also, if we were to count the Windows OS (that are actually standalone and widely used) in the order of 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, SP, Vista, and then 7, then Windows 7 is the seventh OS of Windows.

Ah, but that's retail releases, not actual versions. Plus, you're forgetting about ME and 98 Second Edition of the Windows releases. And 3.1, 95, and 98 all ran on top of MS-DOS, meaning you had to boot into MS-DOS before you could load Windows.

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
  • I've been a user of the most known Windows Family; Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Currently using Windows 7: Home Premium, although I have Windows XP installed in my Pentium 4 laptop.

Years
  • Or a Mac. (I'd like one just to try out OSX but I can't afford one, baw.) :(
    I can't say much more, but you don't need a Mac to use OSX, you just need a lot of patience.

Ah, but that's retail releases, not actual versions. Plus, you're forgetting about ME and 98 Second Edition of the Windows releases. And 3.1, 95, and 98 all ran on top of MS-DOS, meaning you had to boot into MS-DOS before you could load Windows.
    Wasn't ME DOS-based as well?

Back