• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What OS do you use?

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
Years
  • I just want to know and I thought I might help this section because it's not all that active.

I use Windows 7 and I love it. The only way I'll use a mac is after I get my dream computerm computer and I want a Macbook to browse with. Only way. I would get Ubuntu on a pretty old computer, definitely not my main one.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I have a dual-booted computer with Ubuntu and Windows, but I mainly use Windows because it handles Skype better.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Having a dual-booted computer would be awesome.

It's really not hard to pull off at all...some guy from the Linux club on campus did it for me because I didn't know how, but I used that to try Ubuntu without having to lose Windows and all my files. (: Other than an issue with installing from a CD which we fixed by installing from a USB, it took a total of 20 minutes. You should try it!

Years
  • I used to have a triple boot with Ubuntu 10 x64, Windows XP Pro, and Windows 7 Pro x64, but my drive with the MBR died when I got my new terrabyte drives, so I had to scrap that and now just run a single boot of Windows 7 Pro x64 with Ubuntu 10 x64 and XP Pro in virtual machines. My laptop runs Vista Home Premium x64.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I also have a Dual-Booting computer as well. I use both Ubuntu and Windows 7. I switch between those two often. Right now I'm on 7 for designing purposes.

In school I have three OSes installed on my lab hard drive. I have Ubuntu, Windows 7, and Windows XP. I mainly use Windows XP because it's simple and I have Office 2003 in it and I have to use it for class sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Damn Small Linux ftw!

Meh. All kiddings aside, I use OpenSuse, Ubuntu, Fedora, few other random Linux distributions, OS X, Windows 7...

Last edited:

matilda

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I have Dual boot System.

1. Linux 90% of the time
    2. Windows 10% of the time

I love the option of having the best of both operating systems.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • My main OS is Mac OS X (currently 10.6.8 and 10.7), but I also have a Windows 7 installation as well as a few OSs in VMware.
    VMware OSs: XP, Ubuntu, Mac OS X Server 10.6.8

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • I have Windows 7 Dual Booted with Ubuntu. I mainly use Windows 7 though, because Ubuntu doesn't really seem to have what it takes to make up for not being able to play games.

Years
  • I dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate and Ubuntu. just because i'm that awesome xD
    I rarely use Ubuntu because i'm so use to just clicking on windows 7 x]

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Dual-booting Mac OS X 10.6.7 and Windows XP. Although I almost never use Windows since I can do most stuff I need to on OS X anyway.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Windows Vista Home Premium. Spent a good while customizing it when I first got it and I'm fully satisfied with it now.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • On my laptop I use windows 7. Same with the other computer.
    /though my room computer is like windows xp or 98 something. Dosent even work xP.
    My school runs on windows xp. Yay. lol

I havent used anything else then windows. I dont even know what U... is xD
    I dont think I would really use a mac though. Dont really like :x

Back